Page 203 of 222 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I haven"t seen the entire list yet. But it's cool Hal placed 4th.

Has Harley qppeared already? I just assumed she was on 3rd.
    Yeah she was #20. John was #45, Guy #42, Sinestro #38, Kyle #27.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Blackest Night 001-035.jpg
    Sinestro fear was Hal always better than him
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    "Rings hot, Corpsmen!"
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    The other alien Lanterns may not have gotten much to do in this run, but they all looked cool .

Preview and new interview with Morrison and Sharp for Season Two: https://ew.com/books/2019/11/14/gran...m_term=6558797

Liam sure knows how to draw Hal's hair.

PS: This sounds fun:

"These are new Guardians with very different ideas of what’s right and wrong. Instead of Hal butting heads with these geriatric space dudes that he always had problems with, where he was the young cocky guy and they were the old heads, suddenly we have Young Guardians. It’s also having a little bit of fun with this ‘ok boomer’ thing.”
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-14-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Blackest Night 001-035.jpg
    Sinestro fear was Hal always better than him
    Just read this. Was really really good.

The characters were written so well. Lobo, Sinestro, Mister Miracle.

A definite recommend to anyone.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Thanks for the link, Johnny! I particularly like this part
    -- Sharp adds, “in a way it’s not that Hal Jordan is a superhero amongst humans, he’s a superhero amongst Green Lanterns. Whether he’s our favorite Green Lantern or not, it’s established in the tomes of Green Lantern lore that he’s the greatest Green Lantern of all time. You go to the future, they’re still talking about Hal Jordan. We’re in the midst of telling the story of the greatest Green Lantern of them all. That’s amazing, to show what that means.”

Only on the Hal appreciation page would I re-post that quotation.

Also looking at that last sequence .... Hal isn't going to bed a Guardian is he? .... is he?

You're very welcome. I got a huge kick out of this. And as far as potentially bedding the Guardian goes... at this point is there anything that can't be expected from Hal. lol

I really loved this quote too:

“The thing I like most about Hal is something that people in comics generally dislike: He’s been around for so long and he’s super competent,” Morrison says. “When it comes to superheroes I love characters like Batman and Hal who have been around so long, the only way they could still be alive would be if they were the most hyper-competent men on the planet. Hal gets things done, he thinks fast on his feet, he’s been around the block a few times. I love to watch that guy going about his work. Rather than explore the frailties and flaws, what I love about superheroes like Batman or Hal Jordan is the fact that they have almost destroyed all their human flaws and they’ve become different than a normal human being. That fascinates me and gets them closer to the idea of a ‘superhero’ than trying to make them like us.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Preview and new interview with Morrison and Sharp for Season Two: https://ew.com/books/2019/11/14/gran...m_term=6558797

Damn! I can't wait! This is gonna be awesome!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Sharp adds, “in a way it’s not that Hal Jordan is a superhero amongst humans, he’s a superhero amongst Green Lanterns. Whether he’s our favorite Green Lantern or not, it’s established in the tomes of Green Lantern lore that he’s the greatest Green Lantern of all time. You go to the future, they’re still talking about Hal Jordan. We’re in the midst of telling the story of the greatest Green Lantern of them all. That’s amazing, to show what that means.”
    I love Sharp.

Astonishing Member

Man, that looks awesome.

Looking cool .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Thanks for the link, Johnny! I particularly like this part

Only on the Hal appreciation page would I re-post that quotation.

Also looking at that last sequence .... Hal isn't going to bed a Guardian is he? .... is he?
    I know folks get easier triggered nowadays, but the quote was always true with Hal.

It was only PIS, general bad writing, and the cheating technique of "telling without showing" that made things tough for Hal.