Page 213 of 222 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Why a DCeased figure? Didn't he only show up in one issue to die in a stupid way?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yep! Pretty much.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Red Son Hal and John:

Ugh, I just hope they won't let John share Red Son Hal's origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Nice to see Hal fighting Thor in his best form .
    It's weird for me that Hal is bored with 2814.

I think it's just another example of writers having their own views on the characters without necessarily considering the broader continuity aspect. In Venditti's run Hal clearly missed being on Earth, in Morrison's run he's bored to be "stuck" there. Who knows what would be the case next time. Perhaps one of the reasons Hal is rarely on Earth is because currently DC doesn't want him to be part of the League, so naturally if he is on Earth for whatever reason, he would act like he is bored to even be there. Which in itself is weird since they keep telling us that he is best friends with certain characters, yet not only he barely ever gets to interact with them but doesn't even want to stick around long enough to do so.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I think it's just another example of writers having their own views on the characters without necessarily considering the broader continuity aspect. In Venditti's run Hal clearly missed being on Earth, in Morrison's run he's bored to be "stuck" there. Who knows what would be the case next time. Perhaps one of the reasons Hal is rarely on Earth is because currently DC doesn't want him to be part of the League, so naturally if he is on Earth for whatever reason, he would act like he is bored to even be there. Which in itself is weird since they keep telling us that he is best friends with certain characters, yet not only he barely ever gets to interact with them but doesn't even want to stick around long enough to do so.
    DING DING DING! You are correct, sir! If Hal is in the League, that means John would be out, and that would deep six any diversity on the team unless Cyborg were brought back, or another hero of color (Black Lightning, Vixen or Mr. Terrific) joined instead. That’s my harebrained theory anyway.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

People can flip flop irl.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    DING DING DING! You are correct, sir! If Hal is in the League, that means John would be out, and that would deep six any diversity on the team unless Cyborg were brought back, or another hero of color (Black Lightning, Vixen or Mr. Terrific) joined instead. That’s my harebrained theory anyway.
    I don't need him to be part of the JL, but I feel like that's being used as a reason to push the narrative that he doesn't like to spend time on Earth. Feels like the more he's away from Earth, the less important he seems to be to the hero community. DC acts like this is some integral character to their universe when he's usually absent from everything important they do.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-14-2019 at 05:08 PM.

I don't need him to be part of the JL, but I feel like that's being used as a reason to push the narrative that he doesn't like to spend time on Earth. Feels like the more he's away from Earth, the less important he seems to be to the hero community. DC acts like this is some integral character to their universe when he's usually absent from everything important they do.
    i actually enjoy hal being with the league. to get to see him interact with the rest of his earth friends.

that, and more the media exposure for hal.

(that's really cool that wbtv included hal in dc superheor girls).

I also love seeing Hal in the League, but they never really give you any meaningful character interactions. The Hal/Batman stuff in "Darkseid War" was pretty cool, but he'd have to be there for more than one event storyline to really see him interacting with them. I know JLA tends to be more action-driven, but it wasn't always so.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    As they are two of my favorites, this is one fight I don't want to see.
    how about a team up then?

I will never understand how someone could go through all the trouble of drawing something, coloring, adding effects and details to the costumes, etc....

and still give Hal white boots!.... smh...

these top gun posters would have been perfect for hal.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I also love seeing Hal in the League, but they never really give you any meaningful character interactions. The Hal/Batman stuff in "Darkseid War" was pretty cool, but he'd have to be there for more than one event storyline to really see him interacting with them. I know JLA tends to be more action-driven, but it wasn't always so.
    That's part of the problem.

I mean, I'm not sure when was the last time the League book was really good about establishing a good overall team dynamic, but when Hal continually gets written out it hampers his team status or his bond with other heroes not named Barry or Bruce.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I will never understand how someone could go through all the trouble of drawing something, coloring, adding effects and details to the costumes, etc....

and still give Hal white boots!.... smh...
    The white boots always confuse me since they seem to alternate with them and green boots every now and then as far as the GL uniform is concerned.

Astonishing Member

And a new DCeased Hal figure. Good Hal content today.

They are actually making zombie figures of GL. Who would have guess.