Page 5 of 222 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Green Lantern has, from day one, always been my favorite DC hero, and Hal has always been my favorite Lantern.

This post gets a big like from me.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Arguably Reis' most famous image of Hal. Wish he was drawing GL again.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I feel weird when i see Hal with black hair, that doesn't feel like Hal, i'm so used to brown hair...
    I know. Black hair makes me think of Kyle. Brown hair is definitely a must for Hal. It's one of his signature aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Reis is great. He's doing an amazing job on Superman now.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I feel weird when i see Hal with black hair, that doesn't feel like Hal, i'm so used to brown hair...
    Have you seen JLAction.

Good thing Josh Keaton was the voice actor for Hal.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Reis, Fabok and yes, Van Sciver are among my favorite GL artists.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Green Lantern has been blessed with rely awesome artists.

Reis, Pacheco, Mahnke, Ethan, Sandoval. Really no complaints when it comes to the art department.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wait wait wait I forgot. I read the second volume of New 52 Justice League as my next Hal fix. He's still kinda dumb, but he's also still an enjoyable dumb.

161375247f86d284c3bca06e717d8f3a._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

The story ends with him leaving the group, taking responsibility for his fight with Wonder Woman that was broadcasted live by the villain that eroded public trust.

Here's when things got tricky for me. I know Hal's story from Johns Rebirth continues to in Green Lantern Sinestro. That's why I didn't pick up New 52 Green Lantern. I also know that Green Lantern Rebirth retcon a bunch of things from the Twilight era, and New 52 retcon a bunch of things from Post Crisis in general. So I was confused where to go next.

I decided to go with Green Lantern Secret Origin because it's still canon and the easiest place to begin, but now that I finished Secret Origin though, I was confused where to go next with all those retcons above. I already asked this in the old forum got the answers, but I haven't really made a decision.

Johns was aware the New-52 would bring in a lot of new readers so he probably decided to give the JL characters a rather "simpler" characterization, while if the new readers wanted to have a better understanding of their personalities, they would check out the standalone titles. The fact that they were all younger and less experienced perhaps also provided an excuse for them to be written in a somewhat unlikable fashion at times. Compare Johns' Amazo Virus or even Darkseid War arcs to JL Origin and it's like he's writing different characters.
    I also remember reading a rumor that the first arc was ghostwritten to some degree.
    Happy to see the show back on the service, and that it was apparently highly requested .

Hal yeah! I'm gonna watch the crap out of that!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hal yeah! I'm gonna watch the crap out of that!
    Been thinking about binging that awesome show again. To this day I've only seen it once years ago.

cool.

i'd like to imagine that a second season would have been pretty well received too.

with sinestro being the main villain... it would have been epic.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    cool.

i'd like to imagine that a second season would have been pretty well received too.

with sinestro being the main villain... it would have been epic.
    Sounds ominously similar to a particular movie sequel that never happened, doesn't it.

Sounds ominously similar to a particular movie sequel that never happened, doesn't it.
    yes it does. sigh.

what's different though was the animated series execution was really great, so yes, it would have really been epic.

Been thinking about binging that awesome show again. To this day I've only seen it once years ago.

I really hope people watch this enough to get DC to produce a new season or some kinda continuation. The early 2010s were filled with this CG animation because it was cheap and easy to make, I find it so weird that these were the first shows to get the axe.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics