Page 6 of 222 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    cool.

i'd like to imagine that a second season would have been pretty well received too.

with sinestro being the main villain... it would have been epic.
    There were actually plans for the third season to revolve around Hal being on the run from John Stewart after Sinestro framed him for a crime he didn't commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really hope people watch this enough to get DC to produce a new season or some kinda continuation. The early 2010s were filled with this CG animation because it was cheap and easy to make, I find it so weird that these were the first shows to get the axe.
    I thought it was because the CG animation was more expensive that helped cancel them...

Yeah, I'm not sure how it is today, but at the time the show came out CG animation was most definitely more expensive than "traditional" animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There were actually plans for the third season to revolve around Hal being on the run from John Stewart after Sinestro framed him for a crime he didn't commit.

I thought it was because the CG animation was more expensive that helped cancel them...
    I could've sworn the whole reason why they did it was because it was cheaper. They only animated the main characters and almost always dealt with the bad guys on wide open areas that didn't have much detail or back ground characters.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

So what would people want to see from the Morrison run in general? More character-driven issues? More intimate stories that don't involve the universe ending? More Earth action? Some reunions with Hal's old superhero friends? Or maybe him being out of his element somehow, etc. If you could choose, what would your ideal Hal story in this run be.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So what would people want to see from the Morrison run in general? More character-driven issues? More intimate stories that don't involve the universe ending? More Earth action? Some reunions with Hal's old superhero friends? Or maybe him being out of his element somehow, etc. If you could choose, what would your ideal Hal story in this run be.
    I'd like to see stories that focus just as much on Hal the man as Hal the hero. Enough of him as the loose cannon who boldly goes where angels fear to tread, or a dumb jock with a superweapon as Geoff Johns portrayed him in early issues of New 52 Justice League which I absolutely HATED. Oh, yeah, maybe an earthbound adventure with Guy or Kyle.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-05-2019 at 04:00 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Green Lantern has, from day one, always been my favorite DC hero, and Hal has always been my favorite Lantern.

Does anyone know what that big shiny bubble thing is behind Hal Jordan? I have seen this picture before and have thought that aspect of it was... curious.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Does anyone know what that big shiny bubble thing is behind Hal Jordan? I have seen this picture before and have thought that aspect of it was... curious.
    It's called Cloud Gate and it's a sculpture in Millenium Park in Chicago I think this was originally a promo pic for C2E2.
    Last edited by vartox; 01-05-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

I've been hoping for Hal to return to earth. Get the chance to reconnect with his family and friends. And re-establish his impor5ance in the League.

I don't know how possible that wish is given the current direction of the title. I just don't want Hal to be disconnected to the rest of the DCU.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I don't mind earth or space but I hope the run explores Hal's character and shows Hal as an interesting and awesome character in his own right.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I've been hoping for Hal to return to earth. Get the chance to reconnect with his family and friends. And re-establish his impor5ance in the League.

I don't know how possible that wish is given the current direction of the title. I just don't want Hal to be disconnected to the rest of the DCU.
    Morrison said something about Hal saving the League in some story, but who knows how involved that will be?

I certainly have hopes about Morrison's take on Hal, but I'm feeling like it will be more through showing than explaining, the way Johns did. Maybe it's the 200AD vibe they're going for, which I always thought was a little light on characterization. I haven't read too many stories from there, but it seemed to me the writing style there generally was more about commenting on the archetypes or personality types the characters represented rather than really trying to flesh them out and make them feel real. There always seemed to be more of a distance - where even the writers tended to think of their protagonists as "other" rather than a stand-in for the audience, which is what American audiences tend to gravitate towards.

But ultimately, I'd be happy just to see Hal kick ass and not act like an impulsive jock.

I wouldn't mind all of that to happen, at least in some form, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Morrison said something about Hal saving the League in some story, but who knows how involved that will be?

I certainly have hopes about Morrison's take on Hal, but I'm feeling like it will be more through showing than explaining, the way Johns did. Maybe it's the 200AD vibe they're going for, which I always thought was a little light on characterization. I haven't read too many stories from there, but it seemed to me the writing style there generally was more about commenting on the archetypes or personality types the characters represented rather than really trying to flesh them out and make them feel real. There always seemed to be more of a distance - where even the writers tended to think of their protagonists as "other" rather than a stand-in for the audience, which is what American audiences tend to gravitate towards.

But ultimately, I'd be happy just to see Hal kick ass and not act like an impulsive jock.
    Pretty much. I find the character to be at his best when he's a badass who knows it, not an impulsive class clown.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It's called Cloud Gate and it's a sculpture in Millenium Park in Chicago I think this was originally a promo pic for C2E2.
    Thanks. That's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

His importance in the League has sadly been diminishing with each introduction of a new Green Lantern. There are so many people nowadays who genuinely believe John Stewart was the founder GL and that's kinda sad. I think that's just what happens when you have way too many GLs - they can't just cram everyone on Earth. Before I thought four was slightly over kill, but they went ahead and introduced Simon, then Jessica. I may be biased, but I missed the good old days when Hal was the only one (not that I didn't like the others, but still...)

I think the people who think John is a founding member are a portion of the people whose only familiarity to the Justice League came from the Bruce Timm cartoons. Over the past 15 years I believe DC has done a relatively decent job of making sure that people who were newly introduced to the DC universe are aware that Hal is a founding JL member, despite often putting other characters instead of him on the team. And ultimately the people that grew up during the social media age are seen as the current target audience since those of us that grew up in the 90s or early 2000s are starting to get a bit older. lol I would honestly have a hard time to believe that Gen Zs don't know who Hal Jordan is.