Page 72 of 222 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3319
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    There's just something about seeing Hal Jordan with a sword and shield that I love with all my being. lol
    M8ght be cool to have a cross over with the Masters of the Universe or the Thundercats.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    M8ght be cool to have a cross over with the Masters of the Universe or the Thundercats.
    I wish Hal was featured in more crossovers. The Star Trek/GL and Planet of the Apes/GL crossovers were neat.

BANNED

I would like to see a Green Lantern Corps & Transformers crossover. May be even a Green Lantern Transformers.

Astonishing Member

Just something cool over in the Superfriends thread. Back in the day, young Hal and Clark Kent knew eqch other. Hal was written as fearless then. Fun stories.

BANNED

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Just something cool over in the Superfriends thread. Back in the day, young Hal and Clark Kent knew eqch other. Hal was written as fearless then. Fun stories.
    Sounds pretty cool. Where was this?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

supes and gl hanging out.

where's this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

Rejected by Catwoman. That's gotta sting .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    supes and gl hanging out.

where's this from?
    It's from Neil Gaiman's Superman/Green Lantern: Legend of the Green Flame. It's a great book!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Sounds pretty cool. Where was this?
    It's from old Superboy stories. Guicho posted a few pages in Superfriends Appreciation thread.

Who knew Hal surfed backed in the day. Guicho said Hal invited Clark scuba diving too. Maybe Hal was into extrme sports when he was a kid?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    It's from Neil Gaiman's Superman/Green Lantern: Legend of the Green Flame. It's a great book!
    What a wonderful story. Gaiman writing a Clark/Hal team-up during Hal's sad loser phase of the ACTION COMICS WEEKLY experiment that failed miserably. Yet, somehow, Gaiman manage to salvage all that with a great finale...

...that Mike Carlin wouldn't publish because of "continuity concerns"

Apparently it was decreed that too many people knew Clark Kent was Superman. Hal knew him as Kal-El.

Gaiman got paid, though. And, after Sandman, DC sure as $#!+ published it

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It's from old Superboy stories. Guicho posted a few pages in Superfriends Appreciation thread.

Who knew Hal surfed backed in the day. Guicho said Hal invited Clark scuba diving too. Maybe Hal was into extrme sports when he was a kid?
    Superboy knew EVERYBODY back in The Good Old Days. Young Bruce, Arthur, J'Onn and Hal all had run ins. Didn't Lil' Princess Diana and Superboy meet at some point?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Thanks.

Hal actually surfed a bit back in the Broome/Kane era. Maybe it was the California thing they were going for.

That's actually where Hal and Barry had their first meet up. (With their dates as well). At the beach. Didn't even know each others secret ID's yet.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    What a wonderful story. Gaiman writing a Clark/Hal team-up during Hal's sad loser phase of the ACTION COMICS WEEKLY experiment that failed miserably. Yet, somehow, Gaiman manage to salvage all that with a great finale...

...that Mike Carlin wouldn't publish because of "continuity concerns"

Apparently it was decreed that too many people knew Clark Kent was Superman. Hal knew him as Kal-El.

Gaiman got paid, though. And, after Sandman, DC sure as $#!+ published it
    Wonder what the continuity concern was. Could'nt Superman just told his League buddies a bit of his history.

And Niel Gaiman wasn't probably that big name back then I guess.