Page 76 of 222 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 3319
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Batman, Aquaman, and Flash stuck with the "evil" ones .
    Well, Batman is all about fear, so being a Sinestro stooge makes sense. Barry as a Red? Don’t think he has the rage in him to make the cut while I never saw Arthur as a fraction as greedy as Larfleeze.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Honestly, I miss the old days of a person becoming a hero simply because it was the right thing to do.

I am glad Steve revamped Guy's character, though. It made sense during the 1980's. That is the Guy I've known since I was a kid. It is hilarious now to know he was initially a squeaky-clean do-gooder who would have died tragically saving a "Lord of the Flies" type world.

I always thought Hal worked best as the good soldier. His anger felt real when the Guardians (under mind control) tried to strip his of his ring GL #40.

I think the "Hal Solo" stuff is just a front to cover up that he is a highly competent, focused, and well-disciplined warrior.
    I'm ready for the Guardians going back to being wise and noble.

I think I now r3member that Hal started his rebel phase when he decided being GL or being with Carol.

Funny to hear that Guy started as level headed person. I was actually confused about that in JLE story arc.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Fortunately, Morrison has firmly reestablished the Guardians as unknowable cosmic beings again. Much prefer them that way.

green lantern and a t-rex, now that is cool...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 81269

Rainbow league. Ethan Van Sciver at his best.
    I kinda don't want to go there, but another of Geoff Johns' stoic black guy brigade wields the Indigo power of compassion.

Where is Ray Palmer when you need him?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm ready for the Guardians going back to being wise and noble.

I think I now r3member that Hal started his rebel phase when he decided being GL or being with Carol.

Funny to hear that Guy started as level headed person. I was actually confused about that in JLE story arc.
    Soon enough, I'll be delving into the 1980's GL run, where Hal gave up the ring.

Steve Englehart was a genius revamping Guy into a Reagan Era tough guy. Back in the day, I was confused about how a bump in the noggin could cause Guy to be nice, without Ice being around. I was not knee deep into DC back then, and the Pre-Crisis/Post-Crisis thing was very confusing to my elementary incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Fortunately, Morrison has firmly reestablished the Guardians as unknowable cosmic beings again. Much prefer them that way.
    I certainly prefer it that way. It seemed weird that Hal would sacrifice so much just to work for a bunch of shady a-holes.

Astonishing Member

Soon enough, I'll be delving into the 1980's GL run, where Hal gave up the ring.

Steve Englehart was a genius revamping Guy into a Reagan Era tough guy. Back in the day, I was confused about how a bump in the noggin could cause Guy to be nice, without Ice being around. I was not knee deep into DC back then, and the Pre-Crisis/Post-Crisis thing was very confusing to my elementary incarnation.

I certainly prefer it that way. It seemed weird that Hal would sacrifice so much just to work for a bunch of shady a-holes.
    I'm excited with what Grant has planned for the Guardians.

Appa going nuts and and kidnapping cities to Oa had a lot of weight for me back then. It was a Guardian that Hal was going against. I'm not sure it would have the same effect if that story happened when the Guardians were being jerks.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Batman is all about fear, so being a Sinestro stooge makes sense. Barry as a Red? Don’t think he has the rage in him to make the cut while I never saw Arthur as a fraction as greedy as Larfleeze.
    I kinda don't want to go there, but another of Geoff Johns' stoic black guy brigade wields the Indigo power of compassion.

I think your all taking it too seriously. It's just a fun art piece and he had to match up the seven members to the seven rings. Some might not make total sense but you gotta stick em somewhere.

Also Cyborg is pink. Wonder Woman is indigo. Hal, Supermanent and Batman make sense. Flash was made red cuz blue is taken and that color makes sense. Aquaman is probably orange cuz of the shirt. That just leaves WW and Cyborg between pink and indigo.

Maybe since WW was pink in Blackest Night he wanted to switch it up.

It's a cool piece either way.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

He basically had all of their powers in one

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I think your all taking it too seriously. It's just a fun art piece and he had to match up the seven members to the seven rings. Some might not make total sense but you gotta stick em somewhere.

Also Cyborg is pink. Wonder Woman is indigo. Hal, Supermanent and Batman make sense. Flash was made red cuz blue is taken and that color makes sense. Aquaman is probably orange cuz of the shirt. That just leaves WW and Cyborg between pink and indigo.

Maybe since WW was pink in Blackest Night he wanted to switch it up.

It's a cool piece either way.
    The art is great.

For kicks, I probably would have made Arthur a red. Given the tragedies in his life, it makes sense for him to be angry (he just hides it better than Mera). Arthur might be the most disciplines member of the team, and the red ring cuts off all his inhibitions. Barry could wield the power of love. Outside Kal, Barry may be the most empathetic male on the team. I thought it was ironic, yet cool that John Stewart was briefly a Star Sapphire.

Actually, it makes a lot of sense for Diana to wield compassion. I would have made Victor orange. Perhaps the orange power can give him more of a human body, and sharing the energy the reverts him back to cyborg. So, he hoards that power, like Larfleeze. Vic gave up a lung to save his friends, no he's looking out for #1. That would be an interesting & tragic dynamic, imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    He basically had all of their powers in one
    It was a pretty cool design.

based on ivan reis' design

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hmm...is this for DCeased?