Page 77 of 103 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1536
  1. #1141
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...is this for DCeased?
    Mahnke says it's an old drawing he did around Blackest Night.

  2. #1142

    Default

    Saw the other thread about heroes and their sense of humour. I feel like Hal's sense of humour often gets overlooked altogether or stretched to absurd limits to the point where the joke happens at his own expense (new52 Justice League).


  3. #1143
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Saw the other thread about heroes and their sense of humour. I feel like Hal's sense of humour often gets overlooked altogether or stretched to absurd limits to the point where the joke happens at his own expense (new52 Justice League).

    Now that's an ironic punishment...and ironic considering the whole "Hal Jordan drunk driver" retcon...

  4. #1144
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    17,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that's an ironic punishment...and ironic considering the whole "Hal Jordan drunk driver" retcon...
    My thoughts exactly.

    Meanwhile, I'll admit to having been miffed that Hal was left off the roster when Justice League was rebooted. However, upon further review, that may have been a good thing as the new book has, in my opinion, underwhelemed. I've read a dozen issues so far and see it as bloated, overblown and needlessly grandiose, otherwise unworthy of Hal.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  5. #1145
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,441

    Default




  6. #1146
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post


    Very cool. Love the silver age aesthetic from one of the greatest GL era's.

    Who's the artist?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner era), Justice League of America (Silver age era), Huntress ('89 series)

  7. #1147
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Saw the other thread about heroes and their sense of humour. I feel like Hal's sense of humour often gets overlooked altogether or stretched to absurd limits to the point where the joke happens at his own expense (new52 Justice League).

    I can't help but think this scene was pure 1980's where Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), and Nancy Reagan's "Just Say No" came to prominence.

  8. #1148
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

    Meanwhile, I'll admit to having been miffed that Hal was left off the roster when Justice League was rebooted. However, upon further review, that may have been a good thing as the new book has, in my opinion, underwhelemed. I've read a dozen issues so far and see it as bloated, overblown and needlessly grandiose, otherwise unworthy of Hal.
    I'd still like to see Hal with the League. Or with a League. Something like Cry for Justice but better executed.

  9. #1149
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post


    Delightfully retro!

  10. #1150
    Spectacular Member Lirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Very cool. Love the silver age aesthetic from one of the greatest GL era's.

    Who's the artist?
    SkylerA or SkylerAnderton as her Twitter says. Here's the original post on her Twitter and Tumblr. She does quite a bit of GL art. I've seen it in the Tumblr tags.

  11. #1151
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post


    Gorgeous. Very Paul Newman Hal here. Who/s Carol based upon?

  12. #1152
    Extraordinary Member Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Gorgeous. Very Paul Newman Hal here. Who/s Carol based upon?
    Seems very Elizabeth Taylor-like to me.

  13. #1153
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Delightfully retro!
    Another th8ng I would enjoy watching is an animated movie drawn in retro. Something like New Frontier.

    Maybe a loose adaption of the Brave and Bold mini starring GL and Flash.

  14. #1154
    Spectacular Member Lirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Gorgeous. Very Paul Newman Hal here. Who/s Carol based upon?
    Johnny's correct. The artist's tumblr post says she used Paul Newman and Elizabeth Taylor as the face references.

    It's really well done. I absolutely love it!

  15. #1155
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems very Elizabeth Taylor-like to me.
    BINGO.

    Yeah, Gil Kane had Newman as Hal, Taylor as Carol, David Niven as Sinestro, and the Prime Minister of Israel as the Guardians of the Universe (subtle Gil)

    Hal's Jewish, in case no one noticed

    Who was Katma Tui based upon?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •