Page 48 of 222 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Love this page. And now that we know Hal is going undercover I’m sure he faked that kill.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Man, that's Hal all over! Fearless as the day is long!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    DC is not keeping Hal out of the League. From the moment Johns brought Hal back, Hal has been a regularly occurring member of the League, with him and John swapping out during McDuffie's brief run because Robinson wanted to use Hal & Ollie for his disastrous Cry for Justice series. During the New 52, Johns included Hal quite prominently and hilariously in the Origin, but had him leave because Vendetti wanted him to be in space as the leader of the Corps (and, at that point, Johns had been writing Hal continuously for many years and had probably run out of things to say with him). Even then, Johns made sure to bring Hal back for his big final story on Justice League, where he was again featured quite prominently. Hal & Bruce's relationship is one of the clearest of the entire run, with Bats starting off hating Hal because he was as a headstrong hot shot cranked up to 11 and respecting him as one of the most heroic members of the team by the end.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kinda glad Hal was spared Bryan Hitch's dull as dishwater run, but your mileage may vary.

As for Snyder, I think he used Hal very well in Metal, but I understand why he wanted to use John because the character was still underdeveloped in the comics and allowed him to introduce the Ultraviolet Lantern mythos (which wouldn't have worked as well with Hal because guilt and regret aren't really his big hang ups).

Snyder isn't using Wally because King wanted to use him in Heroes in Crisis in order to torture fanboys That said, Barry's persona has evolved much more into the more quippy Flash we saw on the cartoon (who was Wally, but also incorporated elements of Barry's backstory similar to how their Kyle was very much like Hal)

I also enjoy seeing Hal with his old JLA buddies, and I still get to see that. Hal's weird relationship with Superman was handled beautifully by Bendis in Man of Steel (in which Hal is still a member of the League). Bendis is also teaming Hal and Batman up in his Walmart stories. Williamson gave us a nice Hal/Barry story a little while ago. Hal & Ollie had a nice team-up in Green Arrow during its Hard Travelling Hero arc and Morrison's got an Ollie/Hal story coming up in The Green Lantern.

Sorry, but there's no grand conspiracy to keep Hal off the League because he's still there, just as John and Jessica are. Now that Kyle's free again, Snyder's confirmed that he'll be showing up, too.
    You don't need to cite the history that everybody's familiar with. What I am talking about is he hasn't been in JL for a long time. Unless you think 3 years(from what we can see now it's going to be longer than that) is a short term. And I don't know what you are trying to prove. Hal'd been in the League for many years since he came back, so he shouldn't be in the League now?
    I don't think Bryan Hitch's run is dull, just mediocre.
    I really can't appreciate the anus joke Snyder made Hal make and those whole "my ring doesn't work" thing in Metal. I'm surprised that you like it. And Ultraviolet Lantern is the dumbest thing next to the reservoir happened to Lantern mythos in recent years.
    Maybe I should be more clear? What I'm trying to say is, if Snyder is that loyal to the cartoon, why didn't he pick Wally West? King wants to use him is not the answer or excuse. Snyder's Justice League was set before HIC happened. Maybe poor Wally's still alive if he did that. And your theory, one flash is just as good as another as long as he imitates the other one, wow, sorry, but this is more than ridiculous.
    I don't know which word I said give you that "grand conspiracy" impression. This is just a statement of fact, Hal hasn't been in the League, that is, he's been kept out of the League. And I'm expressing my dissatisfaction with that. Do you know it's a weird behavior of trying to convince me I should be satisfied with the existing state?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal Jordan stuck on a vampire planet. It simply does not get better than this.

I want to say that I'm a big fan of The Vampire Chronicles and Lestat is my favorite character in that series.
    It feels great to see two of my favorite characters showing up in one panel. LOL
    Only one problem, Lestat should be a blondie.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    You don't need to cite the history that everybody's familiar with. What I am talking about is he hasn't been in JL for a long time. Unless you think 3 years(from what we can see now it's going to be longer than that) is a short term. And I don't know what you are trying to prove. Hal'd been in the League for many years since he came back, so he shouldn't be in the League now?
    I don't think Bryan Hitch's run is dull, just mediocre.
    I really can't appreciate the anus joke Snyder made Hal make and those whole "my ring doesn't work" thing in Metal. I'm surprised that you like it. And Ultraviolet Lantern is the dumbest thing next to the reservoir happened to Lantern mythos in recent years.
    Maybe I should be more clear? What I'm trying to say is, if Snyder is that loyal to the cartoon, why didn't he pick Wally West? King wants to use him is not the answer or excuse. Snyder's Justice League was set before HIC happened. Maybe poor Wally's still alive if he did that. And your theory, one flash is just as good as another as long as he imitates the other one, wow, sorry, but this is more than ridiculous.
    I don't know which word I said give you that "grand conspiracy" impression. This is just a statement of fact, Hal hasn't been in the League, that is, he's been kept out of the League. And I'm expressing my dissatisfaction with that. Do you know it's a weird behavior of trying to convince me I should be satisfied with the existing state?
    My apologies if I misinterpreted your feelings in any way. You can feel however you like about Hal not being on the League, of course, but I was trying to explain that DC is not keeping off the League, which implies there's some ill intent against Hal by DC. This is where I was getting the conspiracy theory vibes from. Hal not being on the League is the result of creative decisions, not anyone at DC not wanting Hal on the team.

I don't remember anything about Hal and anuses in Metal. Are you talking about when Hal said he was going to kick all of Starro's asses? If so, yes, I thought that was hilarious and a very Hal thing to say

If Snyder's Justice League isn't to your liking, that's fair enough. However, if you aren't enjoying it, then why would you want Hal on the team?

Incredible Member

My apologies if I misinterpreted your feelings in any way. You can feel however you like about Hal not being on the League, of course, but I was trying to explain that DC is not keeping off the League, which implies there's some ill intent against Hal by DC. This is where I was getting the conspiracy theory vibes from. Hal not being on the League is the result of creative decisions, not anyone at DC not wanting Hal on the team.

I don't remember anything about Hal and anuses in Metal. Are you talking about when Hal said he was going to kick all of Starro's asses? If so, yes, I thought that was hilarious and a very Hal thing to say

If Snyder's Justice League isn't to your liking, that's fair enough. However, if you aren't enjoying it, then why would you want Hal on the team?
    I'm not sure I want Hal on the team. I just feel it is better than nothing. The art is good. We could see him interact with other leaguers twice a month. He would be closer to the universe center. Is these reasons not enough?
    Last edited by HAN9000; 03-07-2019 at 07:27 AM.

i like this question, i'll join in.

my reason would probably be more promotion for hal.

i think the perks for being a league member is the member gets more exposure, which hopefully provides for more merchandise.

i just love playing with the kids and buying them toys of the characters i enjoyed as when i was a kid myself...

I'm definitely in the "I'll buy any JLA comic with Hal in the lineup" camp. And even though some of those runs tend to not use him much or show him in ways that I'm not the happiest with, I am always glad to see him there with the others. (as long as he's not there just to get punked)

Extraordinary Member

See...this is why I could never be a Green Lantern. I'd be puking all over the place if I walked into that room.

And then I'd find some way to use the speed force.....

Extraordinary Member

No doubt about that. I just wish we GL fans would focus less on finding reasons to be upset and enjoy themselves more.

Morrison & Sharp are crafting an all-time classic run here. Given their story, I don’t see how Hal could still be in the League while this Darkstar undercover storyline is happening.
    Some of us may unconsciously be wearing fully charged orange rings...making our need for GL content insatiable.

Some of us may not need an orange ring.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm definitely in the "I'll buy any JLA comic with Hal in the lineup" camp. And even though some of those runs tend to not use him much or show him in ways that I'm not the happiest with, I am always glad to see him there with the others. (as long as he's not there just to get punked)
    Yeah, that's a good point. Being in the League does provide any character more exposure and we see him interact with his peers, but if the character's purpose for being there is to play the role of the class clown like Hal often tends to be given, then you just have to take the good with the bad. For instance, I like that Hal is the main Lantern in the in-continuity DC animated movies, but he does not have the most flattering portrayal there. The pros are him getting more exposure and being voiced by Nathan Fillion again, the cons are that a lot of people who don't read comics probably think that's the default version of the character.

Extraordinary Member

So about DDC.....

I have been complaining about the lack of GL involvement in that event.

Why in the world were only four lanterns sent to confront Doctor Manhattan?

And...why did Johns not use Guy Gardner enough?

If I was Doctor Manhattan, I would have made the New52 Green Lantern series be about Hal & Guy, instead of space Hitler.

The brief panels of Hal & Guy reminded me of the GLTAS.

I really want Grant to use Doctor Manhattan in a GL story now.

It was good issue the story little bit out there never thought have vampires in Green Lantern and that twist at end see what happens overall it was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point. Being in the League does provide any character more exposure and we see him interact with his peers, but if the character's purpose for being there is to play the role of the class clown like Hal often tends to be given, then you just have to take the good with the bad. For instance, I like that Hal is the main Lantern in the in-continuity DC animated movies, but he does not have the most flattering portrayal there. The pros are him getting more exposure and being voiced by Nathan Fillion again, the cons are that a lot of people who don't read comics probably think that's the default version of the character.
    Although I like some of Hal's jokes in the movies. Like Batman going to PTA meetings or almost shooting Superboy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Although I like some of Hal's jokes in the movies. Like Batman going to PTA meetings or almost shooting Superboy .
    He's not that bad all the time I guess, I just wish he was more like GL: TAS Hal or JL Doom Hal.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.