Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
If Young Justice is indeed setting up Emerald Twilight for future seasons, I'm sure it will be a very different story. Given how little play the GL characters have received on this show, I don't even know how it would play out. Aside from the brief moments with Guy being Guy a few episodes ago, I think the Hal and John have gotten maybe one or two lines in total.
John's gotten a few lines. I think Hal's only line has been in-sync with John when they vehemently said no to Guy joining the League.
It's possible that the GL characters were so underutilized in the early seasons because it was running concurrently with GLTAS, so those characters were somewhat off-limits. Hopefully, if they do end up doing a riff on Emerald Twilight, they need to start laying the groundwork for it, because, thus far, the GL characters have been non-entities. The fall of Hal Jordan only works if viewers genuinely care about the character first and that simply hasn't been done on Young Justice.
I think it also didn't help that the GL's don't really have a hugely recognizable teen or young adult rep like the other big franchises do. The closest thing they had was Kyle but they set the show way before he would've shown up and the newer ones are too new.
Now, if they were to wrangle either Nathan Fillion or Josh Keaton for Hal, who most geek audiences are already familiar with, that would certainly help a lot, but they'd still need to do some work establishing who Hal Jordan is first if they want his heel turn to have any emotional resonance. This would also be a good opportunity to introduce Kyle (and possibly Simon & Jessica) into the show, who would fit in well with the core cast of younger heroes.
I think Dee Bradley Baker voiced Hal for whatever line he had.

I think the older Hal is ultimately setting up Kyle more then it's setting up Emerald Twilight.
Emerald Twilight has the potential to be a good story, particularly if it incorporates the Yellow Impurity angle to Parallax that Johns introduced. If Young Justice manages to pull it off, it could be a great way to give the GL mythos more of the spotlight. I was hoping that the Reign of the Supermen movie would do something with this, but it fumbled the ball there.
I wouldn't say it fumbled the ball given it didn't even address it. It made sense to keep things Superman-centric in that respect in my opinion.