Page 110 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3319
    Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    He just made it look like the guy who’s entire skill is utilizing his will doesn’t know what will is. They guy who forged a ring out of pure will, doesn’t know what it is. King knows nothing of the characters he writes.
    I mean, this does come off as bizarre especially when you consider that it was King who also wrote this.

Most of those confessionals have read to me like author tract or reddit/wiki comments instead of genuine character moments.

Probably not something we should look too much into.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I mean, this does come off as bizarre especially when you consider that it was King who also wrote this.

I don’t see that as a very Hal specific talk though. That could literally be applied to anyone who’s lost their father. It doesn’t show an understanding of the character. To me anyway.

I don’t see that as a very Hal specific talk though. That could literally be applied to anyone who’s lost their father. It doesn’t show an understanding of the character. To me anyway.
    Regardless of whether that shows an understanding of the character or not, clearly Hal here knows what "will" is so the scene in HiC makes even less sense.

Incredible Member

Regardless of whether that shows an understanding of the character or not, clearly Hal here knows what "will" is so the scene in HiC makes even less sense.
    Ahhh ok, I see what you’re saying. That’s true. Good point. Sorry about that.

Ahhh ok, I see what you’re saying. That’s true. Good point. Sorry about that.
    No worries. HiC seems like crap from all accounts. My sympathies are with Wally fans.

Spectacular Member

That issue showed great understanding of Hal's character and a jokey panel doesn't undermine that. There are plenty of other threads dedicated to bashing King for the monstrosity that is Heroes in Crisis so I don't see why we need another one.

I can work with it... I think Will and Willpower in general is a lot like Art. You can't describe it, but you know it when you see it. What is 'will'... where does it come from? How does it power a Ring? Why do some people have more than others?

These are questions that I can see Hal and any other Earthling grappling with. He DOES have it. He knows how to focus it... but what IS it?? Kind of like a Soul. or emotions in general. Trying to put some things in words are a lot harder than others.

So while not a great story... and not a story beat I want to see explored, I have no problem with that panel.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by EsotericFailures View Post
    That issue showed great understanding of Hal's character and a jokey panel doesn't undermine that. There are plenty of other threads dedicated to bashing King for the monstrosity that is Heroes in Crisis so I don't see why we need another one.
    Feel free to skip over any posts you don’t like but don’t tell people what they can and can’t talk about on a discussion forum.

New figure.

Last edited by Johnny; 05-30-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    New figure.

Awesome. Is that an Eaglemoss?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    New figure.

That face though .

Awesome. Is that an Eaglemoss?
    It is indeed. I think they did well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

I'm expecting this to become a meme. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm expecting this to become a meme. Do you?
    I do. For better or worse, pretty much anything about Hal becomes a meme these days.