Page 115 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 3319
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    That was a great scene. It does take a lot to pick yourself up, and start over when previous ventures fail.

I'm living like Alan now, but in my 20's, I was definitely like Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I want more Hal and anyone team-ups.
    team ups and hal guest starring in other titles from my end.

who would i like for hal to team up with... well, barry and oliver are a given..

hmmm... who else...

1. hal and superman vs superman's rogues
    2. hal and hawkman (hal just teamed up with adam strange)
    3. hal and zatanna
    4. hal and shazam against black adam and black hand....

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That was a great scene. It does take a lot to pick yourself up, and start over when previous ventures fail.

I'm living like Alan now, but in my 20's, I was definitely like Hal.
    I'm in my 20s and my own resume is all over the place so Hal's career graph is very relatable for me. Another thing I've picked up from Hal is to not be ashamed of the fact that I'm not "well-settled" in conventional terms. Like Hal says to Barry in issue 2 of the same series, "What you call stability, I call prison."

But hey, Hal is not supposed to be relatable and he's boring, etc, etc, as the haters will tell you.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/green-...ar-on-the-book

"Can you trust this man? Yeah, he's good, he's honest, he's brilliant, he'll stand by you and never leave your side, but he wouldn't be your husband or wife. He's monstrous but I love that he's an American airman doing f***ing good."

that was an interesting interview. morrison made some bold statements, like this one:

Morrison: This is the best arc that Green Lantern's had for f***ing six decades, since Gil Kane! C'mon now! Even if I had nothing to do with it, Liam has secured its place amongst all of modern sci-fi comics coming out every month. We're doing the best bulls*** you've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    that was an interesting interview. morrison made some bold statements, like this one:
    Wonder if Grant was a little tipsy during this interview. lol He was just all over the place.

this doesn't look good for hal...

Wonder if Grant was a little tipsy during this interview. lol He was just all over the place.
    he probably was. hal has had some great story arcs since o'niel, but i do agree that grant and liam are doing some amazing stuff with green lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    this doesn't look good for hal...

Considering who else dies in that issue, I'm not that broken up about Hal. It was obvious they weren't going to keep him around for long. Art is good tho.

Mighty Member

I expected nothing from DCeased and I'm still disappointed I've never been a fan of Taylor so dropping it is no big loss.

TGL at least was great! Morrison and Sharp nailed Hal and Ollie's dynamic and it was such a fun issue.

I enjoyed the "moonshot," but other than that, it was maybe a little too much of an homage for my tastes - too much replication, not enough of their own take on the duo.

Should I assume "Xeen Arrow" was something that has happened before or did they just make it up for this?

Oh, and fun David Niven "appearance" at the end there...

Mighty Member

Xeen Arrow was actually a Kirby co-creation! His only appearance was in Adventure Comics #253.

Considering who else dies in that issue, I'm not that broken up about Hal. It was obvious they weren't going to keep him around for long. Art is good tho.
    it would have been fun to see hal fight zombies. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I expected nothing from DCeased and I'm still disappointed I've never been a fan of Taylor so dropping it is no big loss.

TGL at least was great! Morrison and Sharp nailed Hal and Ollie's dynamic and it was such a fun issue.
    i totally forgot about the green lantern.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I'm in my 20s and my own resume is all over the place so Hal's career graph is very relatable for me. Another thing I've picked up from Hal is to not be ashamed of the fact that I'm not "well-settled" in conventional terms. Like Hal says to Barry in issue 2 of the same series, "What you call stability, I call prison."

But hey, Hal is not supposed to be relatable and he's boring, etc, etc, as the haters will tell you.
    Haters drink that fear-infused, yellow Kool-Aid.