Page 131 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3319

Yep, the costume was originally some kind of cloth that he left hanging in his locker at work. Sometimes the mask was an energy construct... Sometimes he wore the uniform under his normal clothes and had the ring turn his normal clothes invisible 'revealing the suit'... Alan Scott claimed at least once that he did it the other way around, wearing his 'work clothes' on the outside invisibly... which makes more sense with that giant cape. Sometimes it seems like Hal 'wishing ringed' his uniform on... sometimes not... I really think that was a concept that was the LEAST consistent.

I was never a fan of John's 'Hot/Cold' super suit... but it didn't bother me too much. I really prefer it when their rings run out of charge that they change back to civilian gear though... and not naked. I saw that a few times too..

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I was never a fan of John's 'Hot/Cold' super suit... but it didn't bother me too much. I really prefer it when their rings run out of charge that they change back to civilian gear though... and not naked. I saw that a few times too..
    I think it was a later thing when Venditti took over that most GL's don't wear civvies under their GL uniforms. Especially Guy .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was a later thing when Venditti took over that most GL's don't wear civvies under their GL uniforms. Especially Guy .
    Somehow, if I was a Lantern, I would be a lot more comfortable wearing something underneath my uniform. Just in case.

LOL somone even gave it it's own thread - When did Green Lantern's costume go from cloth to being constructed by the ring?

It was already going on during O'neil/Adams, I believe the implication he was power ringing the uniform over his clothes (at least the illusion of it), heck for convenience, sometimes they would even show him charging up and next panel even Green Arrows clothes would appear! This was continued into the Grell run.
    Like he was generating (or at least bringing forth)both their costumes. LOL! I mean they were both green, so i gues he could.

Since Emerald Dawn retelling, it has pretty much retroactively remained canon, that the uniform and mask were both always ring generated from the start.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-27-2019 at 05:12 AM.

It makes no sense that Hal's bomber jacket is under his uniform - or any clothes for that matter considering how skin-tight the uniform is. Wasn't there a time when the ring rearranged the molecules of their clothes to make the uniform and maintain it until it ran out of juice? Or maybe the outfits get swapped out in that "pocket dimension" where they're supposed to keep their batteries? That seems to make more sense if we're sticking to the "uniform is a ring construct" idea.

Personally, I like the pocket dimension idea because I don't want them reverting to civvies when they run out of power - they should still be in uniform.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I think that was just Guy being Guy. Lol. Great moment btw.

When Hal and Kyle lost their rings in Zods will Hal was in his bomber jacket get up and Kyle.in his Nine inch nails t shirt.

So it all matches their personalities.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    LOL somone even gave it it's own thread - When did Green Lantern's costume go from cloth to being constructed by the ring?

It was already going on during O'neil/Adams, I believe the implication he was power ringing the uniform over his clothes (at least the illusion of it), heck for convenience, sometimes they would even show him charging up and next panel even Green Arrows clothes would appear! This was continued into the Grell run.
    Like he was generating (or at least bringing forth)both their costumes. LOL! I mean they were both green, so i gues he could.

Since Emerald Dawn retelling, it has pretty much retroactively remained canon, that the uniform and mask were both always ring generated from the start.
    That civilian shirt Ollie is wearing.......

I'm not sure what's worse - how Hal's depicted or the changes they made to his uniform.... No, it's the way he's depicted. At least he's not a dick here...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I didn't think they could top how pathetic Jonah Hill's GL was.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm not sure what's worse - how Hal's depicted or the changes they made to his uniform.... No, it's the way he's depicted. At least he's not a dick here...
    Superman sure is, though...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The character. The costume.

Ironic how the white boots don't look that out of place on this show. Though in this case I imagine Hal's boots being white isn't out of negligence, but rather because Jessica's boots are white too.

Hal's mask is also supposed to cover his nose. Otherwise he might as well be Robin.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't think they could top how pathetic Jonah Hill's GL was.
    For real?!

Thank goodness I missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    For real?!

Thank goodness I missed that one.
    He voices Hal for the DC Lego stuff. And yeah, he's portrayed as wanting to be buddies with the League chasing after Supes and even though he's a member, they're always leaving him out of things.(except the Batman Lego movie, but that was because the story necessitated Batman being the one left out)