Page 134 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Man, look at that forehead on Hammond.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I would imagine it's hard for Hal or ANY superhero to hold down a regular job and earn a steady paycheck (unless they're filthy rich like Bruce Wayne) when you're called upon to save the world at almost any moment. Grant Morrison had it right when he portrayed Hal in the GL reboot as a drifter who's in and out of work since his main job is an intergalactic lawman.
    Fair, but I just prefer my Superheroes with careers outside their Superhero life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seeing his eyes kind of take me out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I figured it was a side effect from Ryan Reynolds.
    I figured the same.
    The dynamic that Geoff set Hal up with Bruce & Sinestro is really bizarre to me.

Truth is, Hal should be telling both to kiss his emerald grits.

Geoff had it right during GL Rebirth 2005, then he jumped the shark.
    I mean, he still does though .

Extraordinary Member

Hal needs to make them emerald grits...literally.

Also....I'd love for Hal to beat up a villain who looks like Ryan Reynolds.

Kinda like how Guy Gardner beat up a villain who looked an awful lot like a famed Legion of Superheroes writer during the Legends series (Post Crisis).

Hal needs to make them emerald grits...literally.

Also....I'd love for Hal to beat up a villain who looks like Ryan Reynolds.

Kinda like how Guy Gardner beat up a villain who looked an awful lot like a famed Legion of Superheroes writer during the Legends series (Post Crisis).
    I wouldn't mind seeing Hal casually stomp a wise-cracking fool with a couple of swords and a handgun... (didn't they already create a Deadpool analogue somewhere?)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-01-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Hal casually stomp a wise-cracking fool with a couple of swords and a handgun... (didn't they already create a Deadpool analogue somewhere?)
    In the Harley Quinn books, yeah .

Actually would be kind of interesting for Hal to stumble on them making a Green Lantern movie and they make it a parody of the actual one.

Astonishing Member

The life outside of Super hero in is funny. While I wish Hal had a real life but also realize how hard that would be to maintain for an Intergalactic lawman. When I was a kid Thor's alter ego was Don Blake. That hasn't been used in decades. Then again Don Blake had nothing to do with my favorite Thor adventures (except for the Kovac saga). Clark is vital to Superman but Bruce for Batman and a civilian life for Hal not so much but finding a way for Hal to have one would be nice.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I don't think civilian life needs to necessarily translate to a stable job with stable income. I'm cool with drifter Hal as long as he's cool with it and they don't make it a source of angst (rather, his refusal to fit into a mold should be something that helps him stand out from other heroes).

Everyone needs some downtime. There's no reason Hal's downtime can't be on earth. Morrison indicated that Hal might even have lives on other planets, but we haven't seen that so far. I am glad Morrison has already put Hal on earth a lot more than Venditti did.

Fair, but I just prefer my Superheroes with careers outside their Superhero life.
    Me too. I like them having lives, too. Connections to other people, a steady home base, etc. The one set up I'm most tolerant of a lack of outside job/connections in the team comic where everyone lives together. But there shouldn't be many of those, and even then I really do prefer they have outside connections.

I liked Coast City for Hal. I'm less into space-based adventures, which is why I read less GL, even though I like the character (well, depending on era and writer, as it is with all characters).

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Everyone needs some downtime. There's no reason Hal's downtime can't be on earth. Morrison indicated that Hal might even have lives on other planets, but we haven't seen that so far.
    Heh! In that particular vein, it'd be cool if we were to discover that Hal was a James T. Kirk level playboy, making whoopie with extraterrestrial babes.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Heh! In that particular vein, it'd be cool if we were to discover that Hal was a James T. Kirk level playboy, making whoopie with extraterrestrial babes.
    I imagine the exact same scene that started this series with Olivia played out on another planet with another lady.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

I imagine the exact same scene that started this series with Olivia played out on another planet with another lady.
    That was Eve (Doremus), not Olivia. Everyone keeps getting her wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    That was Eve (Doremus), not Olivia. Everyone keeps getting her wrong.
    My bad! I knew it at the time, but oh well... (I wonder if Hal's ever made that mistake)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Hal on a fun field trip with Carter and Shayera.

RCO0057.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Hal on a fun field trip with Carter and Shayera.

RCO0057.jpg
    Well, they're all space heroes, more or less .