Page 147 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    That preview has me excited. A Hal-on-earth adventure would be a nice break after all the crazy cosmic stuff. And it looks super intriguing too.
    It is intriguing. Besides, look at all the suspicious yellow there, Hal's shirt, half the bathroom is in yellow, the lamp in the hallway, etc.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-30-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Some familiar faces in the annual preview!

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/pr...tern-annual-1/
    wow, i'm interested.

so... have we seen hal's extended family before? silver age? (i know hal had brothers, but didn't realize his cousins and maybe uncles had appeared before).

Wonder if there'll be any mention of his niece Helen who ... went off into space? (not really sure what happened to her in the Spectre series)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wow, i'm interested.

so... have we seen hal's extended family before? silver age? (i know hal had brothers, but didn't realize his cousins and maybe uncles had appeared before).
    I think most of them appeared in the silver age? Uncle Titus was throwing a family reunion in the first issue we saw Jim and Jack iirc. The three boys are Jason (jack's son), Howie (Jim's son) and Hal Jordan (son of golden age Air Wave Larry Jordan. Denny O'Neil wrote that Larry was Martin's brother and so the two Hals are cousins).

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It is intriguing. Besides, look at all the suspicious yellow there, Hal's shirt, half the bathroom is in yellow, the lamp in the hallway, etc.
    I didn't even pick up on that. Nice catch!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Wonder if there'll be any mention of his niece Helen who ... went off into space? (not really sure what happened to her in the Spectre series)
    I recently read the DeMatties Spectre series and there's really no way for most of that series to fit within current continuity as anything other than a fever dream Hal was having while Parallax and The Spectre were playing tug of war over possession of his soul.

That's how I explain it anyway.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Well, that annual was a lot of fun, and I'm glad to see the latest wave of retcons have reset the Jordan family into something so delightfully goofy and dysfunctional.

I imagine "Doug Jordan" must be a new creation and that punch served him right. lol

Helen's comment about having an adventure with Hal's ghost during her near-death experience was interesting. Wonder if it was meant to foreshadow something or it was a reference to Hal's time as The Spectre.

The ending was a bit confusing, in typical Morrison style. When Hal said him and Hal Jr. covered for the other kids did that insinuate the entire story was a fabrication made up by Hal to cover-up everyone getting drunk on spiked punch and arguing to high heaven? Though judging by the last panel, perhaps not.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-31-2019 at 07:24 AM.

I imagine "Doug Jordan" must be a new creation and that punch served him right. lol

Helen's comment about having an adventure with Hal's ghost during her near-death experience was interesting. Wonder if it was meant to foreshadow something or it was a reference to Hal's time as The Spectre.
    I read it as Morrison's cheeky way of trying to make the Spectre run fit into continuity.
    Visit The Blog of Oa for Green Lantern News, Reviews, Podcasts and more

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrumsey View Post
    I read it as Morrison's cheeky way of trying to make the Spectre run fit into continuity.
    Yep, I read it the same way. Very fun annual. No idea who Doug Jordan is but yeah, punch did serve him right lol.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Just finished reading currently GL's issue, Find I and Morrison are so many things in common for Hal's characterization, I mean I always thought Hal is more like a policeman than a superhero
    I also think it was interesting about Helen's adventure during Hal's near-death experience, I personally think morrison was implying hal spectre's stories
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Mighty Member

I imagine "Doug Jordan" must be a new creation and that punch served him right. lol.
    Surprisingly no! His one and only appearance before now was GL #71. Although he looks like he's cleaned up slightly...

Last edited by vartox; 07-31-2019 at 09:53 AM.