Page 150 of 222 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal just outed that The Flash is named "Barry" to a bunch of kids .
    That is a MAJOR problem that all these books do these days. Everyone is on a first name basis with everyone else and in an attempt 'humanize' them... Everyone is always calling each other by their first names. So much Clark, Bruce, Hal, Barry stuff going on regardless of who's around. I mean... c'mon, you're in work clothes here. Be professional. you never know when Lex Luthor has a satellite focused on you...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Wow slow down. I thought it is a positive suggestion I offered, which part triggers you? I didn’t say sending death threats to creators.
    First, in my experience, you will never get what you want without efforts. If you don’t do anything, things you don’t like will happen again, and again, and again. Second, DC is built on fans. The company makes profits from fans. And sometimes fans’ desires can be obscure to them. To let them know your suggestions is good for a healthy relationship between customers and the supplier. Last time we had a talk about money and love, you said money doesn’t equal love. But I'd rather voting with my dollars instead of just talking about love.
    I don’t need to be hypnotized that I’m fine with this situation because I’m not. And I don't think Morrison and Sharp's book can make amend for this cover either.
    Sorry. Again, I'm confused. What is happening here? We seem to be having two completely different conversations with each other because some of what you're saying doesn't match with what I'm saying and vice versa. I haven't been "triggered" by you, and I'm not attacking you at all, but rather unsure about what you thought I was disagreeing with you about and trying to clarify myself. I also wasn't talking specifically to you for that entire post, but also talking more broadly to everyone who feels that Hal is specifically being targeted by DC. If you feel slighted, I'm sorry for any confusion.

To be more specific, in the post I was replying to, you said fans of Hal shouldn't be silent and that you showed your love/support for Hal with your money. I disagree with none of that, yet you said "I know you didn't agree with me". I had completely forgotten about our love vs. money discussion. Again, this is not an attack on you in any way. I didn't think for a second that anyone here was advocating sending death threats, either. I have no idea where that is coming from. All I said was to be respectful in expressing your dissatisfaction to DC, so as not to alienate the people you are trying to convince.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 08-02-2019 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It took DC almost half a century to dig Aquaman out of this hole and now they're thrusting Hal Jordan right back into it. The current book is one of DC's top sellers and that clearly doesn't speak to their marketing department to stop treating Jordan like a toxic character. If they want to treat the character that way because of a failed movie from a decade ago, that's their prerogative, they own the character, naturally they can do whatever they please with him. But it's not my job to try to convince them otherwise. If they plan to either ignore him or ridicule him for a number of years until they finally manage to make another movie and replace him another character because he doesn't check diversity boxes, then I don't know if I should support their endeavors.
    Nobody is trying to impose upon you any responsibility for changing Hal's current predicament. We're just talking about possible solutions. If that doesn't interest you, just enjoy the character in any way you want.

However, I think you've got to stop taking how Hal Jordan is treated so personally. In the end, the character is there for entertainment. How a multinational corporation mistreats one of the thousands upon thousands of IP they own should never be a source of lasting negativity for you. Just focus on the positive. More specifically, Morrison & Sharp are killing it right now. Pay attention to that, the rest is not worth getting yourself upset about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    sometimes you wonder if they really do....
    Me too. One of my friends has cooperation with DC and he complained to me many times about their inefficiency. LOL

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Sorry. Again, I'm confused. What is happening here? We seem to be having two completely different conversations with each other because some of what you're saying doesn't match with what I'm saying and vice versa. I haven't been "triggered" by you, and I'm not attacking you at all, but rather unsure about what you thought I was disagreeing with you about and trying to clarify myself. I also wasn't talking specifically to you for that entire post, but also talking more broadly to everyone who feels that Hal is specifically being targeted by DC. If you feel slighted, I'm sorry for any confusion.

To be more specific, in the post I was replying to, you said fans of Hal shouldn't be silent and that you showed your love/support for Hal with your money. I disagree with none of that, yet you said "I know you didn't agree with me". I had completely forgotten about our love vs. money discussion. Again, this is not an attack on you in any way. I didn't think for a second that anyone here was advocating sending death threats, either. I have no idea where that is coming from. All I said was to be respectful in expressing your dissatisfaction to DC, so as not to alienate the people you are trying to convince.
    Well that was more than one year ago. I don't blame you for not remembering that discussion.

BANNED

I don't want to be a downer, or necessarily discourage anything, but I doubt that telling DC anything will make them do anything. I don't believe there will be enough of you to get their attention enough to make any kind of adjustment in their marketing. It's probably not the publishing people you want to talk to anyway, and the other people in animation or wherever probably don't care what you have to say, at least not about that particular issue. That last part came out a little harsher than I meant it, but that's just me putting it in the basic terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I don't want to be a downer, or necessarily discourage anything, but I doubt that telling DC anything will make them do anything. I don't believe there will be enough of you to get their attention enough to make any kind of adjustment in their marketing. It's probably not the publishing people you want to talk to anyway, and the other people in animation or wherever probably don't care what you have to say, at least not about that particular issue. That last part came out a little harsher than I meant it, but that's just me putting it in the basic terms.
    With all due respect, this kind of thinking is pointlessly cynical. I understand and respect that you're trying to help with your comment, but I've been down this road myself in the past and I too told myself I was just being realistic, but, the reality was that giving up before I even tried was actually just me looking for an safe, easy, and lazy way to avoid being disappointed.

The creators who do the cartoons are also fans. Letting them know you want to see more of a particular character, or you want them to be represented better is never bad thing. Giving feedback, as long as it's done with respect and love, is always welcomed, and it does indeed make a difference. Will it always be successful? Nope, but you might as well try.

Being active is always better than being passive. Being cynical accomplishes nothing but creating more cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well that was more than one year ago. I don't blame you for not remembering that discussion.
    Good to hear. Again, sorry for any confusion or offence that may have been given.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Happy Hal is a good Hal .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    That is a MAJOR problem that all these books do these days. Everyone is on a first name basis with everyone else and in an attempt 'humanize' them... Everyone is always calling each other by their first names. So much Clark, Bruce, Hal, Barry stuff going on regardless of who's around. I mean... c'mon, you're in work clothes here. Be professional. you never know when Lex Luthor has a satellite focused on you...
    How secret is Hal's secret identity these days?

Guy and John don't wear masks, I wonder if they've been photographed together.

Aliens seem to know who Hal Jordan is. Wonder if Hal can be traced back to Barry and Oliver and eventually the rest of the League.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    How secret is Hal's secret identity these days?

Guy and John don't wear masks, I wonder if they've been photographed together.

Aliens seem to know who Hal Jordan is. Wonder if Hal can be traced back to Barry and Oliver and eventually the rest of the League.
    Hal would actually have to be on earth for more than two.minutes in order for that question to even be relevant.

Which hasn't happened in.awhile unfortunately.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member

Behold....the "Hands" technique.

Hal knocked the feces outta him.