Page 170 of 222 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It could be much, much worse - look at how they portray Robin!
    Man, their Robin is the absolute worst.

At least Hal and Superman have some redeeming features, however small or negligible, but their take on Robin has absolutely nothing likeable or even remotely sympathetic about him.

He makes Damian Wayne look like the nicest Robin you've ever met.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Only Hal looks impressed by whatever story Ollie's selling, lol.

It's funny how the white boots don't annoy me on this show. I think I actually like their version of the costume a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's funny how the white boots don't annoy me on this show. I think I actually like their version of the costume a lot.
    I'm not a fan of the white boots, but it doesn't bother me as much here because it's an intentional redesign rather than someone just getting it wrong.

i wish the mask covered hal's nose, but maybe that wouldn't translate well with the animation style of the show. (i also still prefer the green parts of hal's costume to shape like the comic books).

Astonishing Member

I'd probably replace Aqualad with Atom.

I like that he has a sword construct to keep on-theme .

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I absolutely loved the last issue of Batman Universe. Bendis's Hal has been so much fun every time he's written him. He's both completely unflappable when it comes to danger, yet endearingly neurotic when it comes to mundane things like the fact that Batman's never visited his place, or that he doesn't know anybody in the 1800s. That's such a spot on little quirk about Hal's personality I'd never thought of before, yet works completely for him. Of course Hal would care that he doesn't have any old buddies or exes to hang out with in the 1800s--he knows people everywhere, on every planet in nearly every space sector. He knows everyone.

Can't wait to read next issue.

The "Batman Universe" story is a lot of fun. What an odd choice for Bendis to have Hal say his "you've never been to my house" line to Superman and Batman too. (as though Hal is looking to entertain? I doubt he has a house) Aside from Lego Green Lantern, this never seemed a part of Hal's personality to me. Batman also never calls Cyborg and GL by their names when Hal keeps calling him Bruce. Maybe he just wants to show that Superman and Batman are a bit detached? (snobs)

Not a fan of a GL force bubble being burst by a friggin' pteradactyl, but whatever ... they just wanted to show a dinosaur fight - I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I absolutely loved the last issue of Batman Universe. Bendis's Hal has been so much fun every time he's written him. He's both completely unflappable when it comes to danger, yet endearingly neurotic when it comes to mundane things like the fact that Batman's never visited his place, or that he doesn't know anybody in the 1800s. That's such a spot on little quirk about Hal's personality I'd never thought of before, yet works completely for him. Of course Hal would care that he doesn't have any old buddies or exes to hang out with in the 1800s--he knows people everywhere, on every planet in nearly every space sector. He knows everyone.

Can't wait to read next issue.
    did not know there was a batman universe title. and hal guest starred in it? cool.

i'm confused though with 1800's. i'm guessing they time travelled?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'd probably replace Aqualad with Atom.
    I'm glad he's getting something. It's so strange but I'll take what I can get with Garth.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    did not know there was a batman universe title. and hal guest starred in it? cool.

i'm confused though with 1800's. i'm guessing they time travelled?
    It's a re-release of the Walmart exclusive comics. They are a lot of fun. I am not generally a fan of the grim n' gritty drudgery that most Batman comics are, but this series has been fantastic and the appearances by both Ollie and Hal have been wonderful. Ollie's guest shot was brief, but Hal's looks to be an extended appearance. So far,it's been Hal & Bats on Dinosaur Island and the cliffhanger has them lost in the 1800s with Jonah Hex

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The "Batman Universe" story is a lot of fun. What an odd choice for Bendis to have Hal say his "you've never been to my house" line to Superman and Batman too. (as though Hal is looking to entertain? I doubt he has a house) Aside from Lego Green Lantern, this never seemed a part of Hal's personality to me. Batman also never calls Cyborg and GL by their names when Hal keeps calling him Bruce. Maybe he just wants to show that Superman and Batman are a bit detached? (snobs)

Not a fan of a GL force bubble being burst by a friggin' pteradactyl, but whatever ... they just wanted to show a dinosaur fight - I get it.
    Perhaps it's all part of that arm's length relationship Hal and Bruce have (but then, Bruce keeps EVERYONE at arm's length). Hal is no fan of Bruce being such a colossal dick while Bruce hates it that Hal won't buy into his fear schtick, but they keep things professional while on the clock. At least that's how I view things between them.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-13-2019 at 06:30 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!