Page 178 of 222 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3319

just glad that hal is in a team...

The actual leader of the team is funny in terms of how it plays out. I appreciate that they backed off a bit on Hal being so arrogant that he didn't feel a need to lead. (and later, he saves the day when he realizes they need Wonder Woman's leadership) It seems they're keeping with him being a jock, but a good team player.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The actual leader of the team is funny in terms of how it plays out. I appreciate that they backed off a bit on Hal being so arrogant that he didn't feel a need to lead. (and later, he saves the day when he realizes they need Wonder Woman's leadership) It seems they're keeping with him being a jock, but a good team player.
    Silver linings .

haven't really seen this show except on youtube. so it's like one big team now of both the boys and the girls?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    haven't really seen this show except on youtube. so it's like one big team now of both the boys and the girls?
    Basically. They did a whole special about them meeting.

I think I'm learning to appreciate Hal on that show. Better to have him there than not. Hal isn't the only character on the show whose portrayal tends to be rather stereotypical.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think I'm learning to appreciate Hal on that show. Better to have him there than not. Hal isn't the only character on the show whose portrayal tends to be rather stereotypical.
    Yeah - most of the characters are painted with broad strokes with many of them exhibiting some kind of fatal flaw while still being able to rise to the occasion and be heroic. The Invinci-Bros team-up kinda redeemed their version of Hal for me as showing them all as a balance of good and bad traits.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yeah - most of the characters are painted with broad strokes with many of them exhibiting some kind of fatal flaw while still being able to rise to the occasion and be heroic. The Invinci-Bros team-up kinda redeemed their version of Hal for me as showing them all as a balance of good and bad traits.
    Exactly. From what I've seen of the show, the only character on the show that hasn't really been given any big flaws is Jessica, which is probably why she's the least interesting of the characters. She's stuck playing the "straight man" to all the other wacky character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Exactly. From what I've seen of the show, the only character on the show that hasn't really been given any big flaws is Jessica, which is probably why she's the least interesting of the characters. She's stuck playing the "straight man" to all the other wacky character.
    I think that episode with her and Poison Ivy was probably one of the strongest episodes of the show though.

strange that black canary isn't part of the show

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    strange that black canary isn't part of the show

She wasn't in the original DCSHG either, though she popped up in the tie-in comic.

Not sure how I see her interacting with this version of Green Arrow...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that episode with her and Poison Ivy was probably one of the strongest episodes of the show though.
    Haven't seen that one, but I'll check it out. This version of Jess seems designed as someone who can bounce off of other characters well.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Venditti's Hal and Kyle was definitely a highlight of that run.