Page 207 of 222 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3319
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I always thought it was kind of interesting the animators took that pose directly from Emerald Dawn 2.

Heh, I happened to read the blurb again as I got that image.

"While serving out his ninety-day prison term for drunk driving,"...

I bet that drunk driving thing was Christopher Priest's idea
    He seemed to be into bizarre stuff like that, like having Hal Jordan steal diamonds and John Stewart performing terrorist actions in an African nation. Dude wrote some really weird stuff in Green Lantern.
    That drunk driving thing is no longer canon, right?

I thought the whole "drunk driving" thing was always a mistake - that they intentionally wanted to show that Hal's beer was still full so he wasn't actually drunk when he got into that accident.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I thought the whole "drunk driving" thing was always a mistake - that they intentionally wanted to show that Hal's beer was still full so he wasn't actually drunk when he got into that accident.
    They probably wanted a situation were Hal was isolated from work ( being in prison) so he can continue his training, and finding a reason why would Hal be in that situation.

A tidbit about the GLC movie:
    https://www.newsarama.com/48026-geof...os-report.html

So is this classic, "good news/bad news?" If the GLC film is indeed a priority, that's great, but it makes the chances of Hal being in the HBO show close to nil, I would think. Part of me thinks Hal might work better in a movie rather than a tv show anyway, but who knows what they're thinking at this point?

So is this classic, "good news/bad news?" If the GLC film is indeed a priority, that's great, but it makes the chances of Hal being in the HBO show close to nil, I would think. Part of me thinks Hal might work better in a movie rather than a tv show anyway, but who knows what they're thinking at this point?
    I think it'd be cool if Hal and John got the movies while Kyle got the TV show .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it'd be cool if Hal and John got the movies while Kyle got the TV show .
    That would work for me.

The article also mentions that Johns is working on the TV show as well. If that happens to share the same continuity then I don't see why Hal can't be a part of it. If the movie is slated to feature an older Hal, maybe the show could introduce a younger Hal instead. I still don't expect Hal to be the main character but I can see him making an appearance. Given how we see different versions of characters like Bruce and Superman and Deathstroke in the TV shows, I don't see why Hal should be off limits.

My only trepidation is that the movie will never get made despite what we're being told at the moment, but that the tv show will, leaving Hal in the cold.

My only trepidation is that the movie will never get made despite what we're being told at the moment, but that the tv show will, leaving Hal in the cold.
    If Abrams and Bad Robot end up producing it, I'm pretty sure it would get made. We would get Green Lantern in live-action in some form or another in the not so distant future. Whether Hal would be featured or not is only dependent on whether the people in charge want to use him or not. But I don't think he would be off-limits if they do want to use him on the TV show.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-26-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just read GL Backstar and really enjoyed it. The dialouge felt like watching a really good sci fi movie on a Saturdat even8ng.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

"Ride Hard and Ride Long" Okay Hal, keep it in your pants .

This is so gonna fly today. Sometimes it feels like writers either try way too had with Hal or purposely want to make him unlikable because they just don't like him themselves.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-28-2019 at 11:51 AM.