Page 21 of 222 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It could be Parallax. However, just by the ages/time frame of Young Justice Hal and a few of the other "elder" Leaguers would have to be in his late 30's to early 40's by now...so the hair somewhat fits if he is prone to the side grey.

However, I'm hoping for an adaptation of Parallax in Young Justice. That would be awesome.
    Given the way the show has been playing it so far it does look like our Space bug from hell may be infecting him. Some lines from Mcomm seem to hint at bug boy's existence in YJ universe. Would not be suprised if we got Hal dying and Kyle coming in as a storyline connecting to Dick's as Batman.

It could be Parallax. However, just by the ages/time frame of Young Justice Hal and a few of the other "elder" Leaguers would have to be in his late 30's to early 40's by now...so the hair somewhat fits if he is prone to the side grey.
    The other team normals (Batman, Green Arrow, Canary) don't really seem like they've aged at all, and even the oldest characters like Sportsmaster don't really show their age, so I think it's probably a plot point that Hal looks much older then he should.

However, I'm hoping for an adaptation of Parallax in Young Justice. That would be awesome.
    Hal is only 41 at this point, he looks past 50 easily. I hope there's a story reason but it's probably just a case of bad design choices.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, if that's what they're going for (to make way for Kyle)....
    They have 3 lanterns at this point, they don't need to make Hal die of old age to get Kyle.

I personally really like the grey/white temples (not the YJ version) for Hal. At least the pre-New 52 when it felt like he was around for a long time.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Hal is only 41 at this point, he looks past 50 easily. I hope there's a story reason but it's probably just a case of bad design choices.
    They have 3 lanterns at this point, they don't need to make Hal die of old age to get Kyle.

I personally really like the grey/white temples (not the YJ version) for Hal. At least the pre-New 52 when it felt like he was around for a long time.
    Just having the grey temples in there kind of scream "Parallax." It seemed like a very obvious design choice.

Just having the grey temples in there kind of scream "Parallax." It seemed like a very obvious design choice.
    Parallax feels like it would be more in the forefront if it was happening. Like Hal interacting with the team or League out in space and he seems sickly and someone points it out. That would scream Parallax to me. This just seems like bad design.

This season feels like it's 3 stories, Outsiders origin, Judas Contract, and Final Crisis. Maybe there's room this season for parallax as some kind of Apokilips trap or weapon that makes Hal go crazy but I don't see it happening just yet.

Parallax feels like it would be more in the forefront if it was happening. Like Hal interacting with the team or League out in space and he seems sickly and someone points it out. That would scream Parallax to me. This just seems like bad design.

This season feels like it's 3 stories, Outsiders origin, Judas Contract, and Final Crisis. Maybe there's room this season for parallax as some kind of Apokilips trap or weapon that makes Hal go crazy but I don't see it happening just yet.
    Maybe it'll come to the forefront once we shift focus to what's going on with the heroes in space. I don't think they'd randomly have Hal with grey temples otherwise.

If they do have plans for Parallax on the show, they could perhaps not want to draw attention to the fact that something could be wrong with Hal. If we're looking at pre-Rebirth canon while still keeping the space bug as part of our headcanon, we wouldn't notice anything wrong with Hal other than that he was just getting old. There's nothing to tip you off about him being possessed by something, there were no symptoms of Hal behaving in a rather strange way or looking sick, or other Leaguers wondering if something wasn't right, he was just an older veteran who went off his rocker after his hometown was destroyed. Perhaps here they purposely don't wish to acknowledge that Hal could be "infected" either, but regardless if they choose to go anywhere with this or not, I do believe it's by design that he's the only Leaguer who suddenly got that old.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-26-2019 at 05:38 PM.

The other team normals (Batman, Green Arrow, Canary) don't really seem like they've aged at all, and even the oldest characters like Sportsmaster don't really show their age, so I think it's probably a plot point that Hal looks much older then he should.
    Have we seen Batman without his cowl or Green Arrow without his hood this season? My memory may be off so you could be right. From what I can tell Batman, Superman, GA, Hal, Zatar, and Barry are around the same age just by how they are presented and judging the show by the comics projected timeline on YJ . I think Canary is early thirties however and should look how she is presented currently.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 01-27-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

by boss logic

Astonishing Member

I hope it's not about killing Hal or anything. Not a fan of that idea.

Have we seen Batman without his cowl or Green Arrow without his hood this season? My memory may be off so you could be right. From what I can tell Batman, Superman, GA, Hal, Zatar, and Barry are around the same age just by how they are presented and judging the show by the comics projected timeline on YJ . I think Canary is early thirties however and should look how she is presented currently.
    I don't think we've seen Batman or Green Arrow with their "masks" off but I'll be very surprised if they look much older.

don't see the idea of making hal old and go crazy just to introduce new lanterns