Page 215 of 222 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3319
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal is briefly seen in action in the Superman: Red Son trailer.

I think he might end up getting a good portrayal this time around, even if it's short.
    Can't remember what happened in Red Son. How did it go for Hal there?

Extraordinary Member

Variant cover for the first issue of Season Two by Gerald Parel.

It looks like concept art for live action to me.

I like the more subtle armored feel to that variant cover^^

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Ugh, I just hope they won't let John share Red Son Hal's origin story.
    The original comic had Kyle and Guy there as just part of the Green Lantern Marine Corps - now they have John.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Can't remember what happened in Red Son. How did it go for Hal there?
    Not well. spoilers:
    I think the GLs there tried to put Red Son in a safe or some construct. He busted out, then just flew at super-speed faster than they could react and took their rings. It did not last long.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-17-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The original comic had Kyle and Guy there as just part of the Green Lantern Marine Corps - now they have John.
    No, I mean the captured soldier origin story.
    BTW, I didn't see Kyle or Guy. Shouldn't they have more exposure? At least they are in the comic.
    Last edited by HAN9000; 12-17-2019 at 07:29 PM.

BTW, I didn't see Kyle or Guy. Shouldn't they have more exposure? At least they are in the comic.
    I know that's your concern. I was just saying the comic had other known GLs, and it wasn't a threat to Hal there. No reason to be paranoid.

I doubt they would even mention the origin to be honest. It's a one hour animated movie where the Lanterns are barely even secondary characters. This isn't really like New Frontier where Hal's origin was pretty much integral to the story.

Incredible Member

I know that's your concern. I was just saying the comic had other known GLs, and it wasn't a threat to Hal there. No reason to be paranoid.
    I'm just getting annoyed that Hal has to share everything with other Green Lanterns. His villains, his stories, his interactions with other characters, and so on. And still there are people out there saying Hal is the oppressor.

Incredible Member

I doubt they would even mention the origin to be honest. It's a one hour animated movie where the Lanterns are barely even secondary characters. This isn't really like New Frontier where Hal's origin was pretty much integral to the story.
    I don't think that takes much time, just a few seconds showing some stopmotion with Lex Luthor's narration will do.
    If that's true, that means the director would rather add John in that story, make modelsheets for him, find a voice actor for him than present a story already in the comics.

I don't think that takes much time, just a few seconds showing some stopmotion with Lex Luthor's narration will do.
    If that's true, that means the director would rather add John in that story, make modelsheets for him, find a voice actor for him than present a story already in the comics.
    Why do you think this is an either/or situation? It might make more sense if they chose John over Guy, because that's picking a character over another character. But it doesn't relate to assume they would say, "we want John, so lets cut Hal's origin to accomodate that." It makes more sense if they cut Hal's origin in favor of a bigger fight scene, because there's only so much time.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-17-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Someone on twitter said "wait and see" as to whether they were in it.

Incredible Member

Why do you think this is an either/or situation? It might make more sense if they chose John over Guy, because that's picking a character over another character. But it doesn't relate to assume they would say, "we want John, so lets cut Hal's origin to accomodate that." It makes more sense if they cut Hal's origin in favor of a bigger fight scene, because there's only so much time.
    Of course, if Guy is cut out. But if not, that will come to the situation I'm talking about, choosing presenting an extra character or being faithful to the comic.

Incredible Member

Liam Sharp just said Morrison called the series The Green Lantern is because it's singular, and an exploration of Hal, and his whole history.
    https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...04933469667328
    Interesting that it seems conflict with what Morrison said to cbr when the series began.
    https://www.cbr.com/why-grant-morris...green-lantern/

Extraordinary Member

I really hope the HBO GL series is successful enough to yield more emerald powered media.

The cameos & two-dimensional characterizations have worn out their welcome with me.

On a funny note, while looking through my collection for a particular Gundam series, I inadvertently found GL: First Flight.

I gotta watch that again.

Extraordinary Member

Johns finally finished DDC.

I'm a broken record, but it is baffling as hell that Hal & the Guardians had no significant role in dealing with Dr. Manhattan.

Even if Jordan lost, I would have been game for the Guardians to give Hal all their power (making him a good Parallax with new armor) as he confronts Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Johns finally finished DDC.

I'm a broken record, but it is baffling as hell that Hal & the Guardians had no significant role in dealing with Dr. Manhattan.

Even if Jordan lost, I would have been game for the Guardians to give Hal all their power (making him a good Parallax with new armor) as he confronts Manhattan.
    It was pretty clear once things got going that the other heroes weren't going to play a big part. Despite initial promotions, it was never a "Crisis" type series where everyone gets involved.