Page 41 of 222 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Killing Kilowog is basically a "no turning back" moment on par with Injustice Hal murdering Guy in cold blood.

Coincidentally, this will probably be revisted soon. At least it should be, based on that HiC announcement ages ago. I'm guessing if it's still happening, we'll see Sook's take on it in the variant for HiC #7

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Killing Kilowog is basically a "no turning back" moment on par with Injustice Hal murdering Guy in cold blood.
    And in both cases there were excuses. In this was Parallax obviously, in the Injustice version it was Hal influenced by the yellow ring and Sinestro lying to him that Guy killed John. I still like how they handled the "redemption" story in the Injustice 2 comic. Hal truly believed he was beyond redemption and it wasn't until they were attacked by the Red Lanterns that he even thought about putting a ring on again. Guy's spirit serving as his guilty conscience was a nice touch too. Sometimes I wonder why do they even do this type of "heel turn" stories when they would never turn the characters into full-fledged villains on a permanent basis. Looking back, Parallax seems more like a product of the 90s than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    if ever dc wants a sequel for new frontier, doc shaner would be my guy.

I see more and more similarities between Hal and Carol nowadays, especially when they're putting so much emphasis on Carol as a cocky pilot in her origin.

I think they even said they were altering her origin so it was less like Green Lantern.

If they actually met, I think they would probably either get on each other's nerves or playfully flirt with each other during a team-up. Maybe joke that Hal has a thing for women named "Carol" .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see more and more similarities between Hal and Carol nowadays, especially when they're putting so much emphasis on Carol as a cocky pilot in her origin.

I think they even said they were altering her origin so it was less like Green Lantern.

If they actually met, I think they would probably either get on each other's nerves or playfully flirt with each other during a team-up. Maybe joke that Hal has a thing for women named "Carol" .
    And she outranks him. For all we know Hal totally could have a thing for women named Carol, who are his superior/boss and can kick his butt.

Doc Shaner needs to draw the DC universe. Get him a book in the same vein as New Frontier.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Is this Sandoval? Amazing as ever .

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Coincidentally, this will probably be revisted soon. At least it should be, based on that HiC announcement ages ago. I'm guessing if it's still happening, we'll see Sook's take on it in the variant for HiC #7
    Speaking of that variant...

Astonishing Member

Speaking of that variant...

Woner why they choose this over the destruction of Coast City.

Incredible Member

I honestly don't think it will. Or at least I sure hope it won't. While I prefer Hal's fall from grace before the whole yellow bug stuff, I am ok with King not coming close to Hal one way or the other (in the context of Heroes in Crisis).

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Woner why they choose this over the destruction of Coast City.
    As Frontier said, killing Killowag was a "no turning back" moment. Maybe that's why?

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I honestly don't think it will. Or at least I sure hope it won't. While I prefer Hal's fall from grace before the whole yellow bug stuff, I am ok with King not coming close to Hal one way or the other (in the context of Heroes in Crisis).
    Oh, no, I didn't mean it would actually be revisted. I was referring to the HiC #7 variant.