Page 65 of 222 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    more like artistic license, I remember Byrne wanted the tattered Superman look so he made us something about nearness to body gave clothing limited invulnerability, because back in Golden or Silver Age his clothes were indestructible Kryptonian fabric so you never saw the tattered Kal look but now you could if he came against a villain tough enough. Gone were the days of flying through the sun to clean off his costume. What better way to show battle damaged Hal than through a tattered uniform even though it isn't really cloth anymore? Maybe it is a subconscious representation of how tough the battle was in Hal's mind affecting how he appears.
    I remember a time when Hal would frequently get his arm broken. A time when arm slings were stylish.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I remember a time when Hal would frequently get his arm broken. A time when arm slings were stylish.
    Gotta admit, I'm a sucker for seeing Hal in a cool mechanized arm cast construct, particularly when he broke his arm fighting guys like Mongul and Darkseid

Nothing is more Hal to me than seeing him get his ass utterly kicked, then watch him slap construct on whatever serious injury he's suffered, and leap back into the fight. That's willpower. I know Johns pushed overcoming fear because it was easier for most readers to relate to, but I think the central appeal of having a strong will is what appeals to be most about Hal Jordan.

Overcoming my fears is relatively easy for me, but having the willpower to do the stuff that needs done, even when I really don't want to do it, like doing one more round of pushups or not heading to KFC for food, that $#!+ takes serious willpower

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Not to mention all that head trauma from bumping into things .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention all that head trauma from bumping into things .
    I'm trying to forget those.

Hal may have a thicker skull than Guy then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Gotta admit, I'm a sucker for seeing Hal in a cool mechanized arm cast construct, particularly when he broke his arm fighting guys like Mongul and Darkseid

Nothing is more Hal to me than seeing him get his ass utterly kicked, then watch him slap construct on whatever serious injury he's suffered, and leap back into the fight. That's willpower. I know Johns pushed overcoming fear because it was easier for most readers to relate to, but I think the central appeal of having a strong will is what appeals to be most about Hal Jordan.

Overcoming my fears is relatively easy for me, but having the willpower to do the stuff that needs done, even when I really don't want to do it, like doing one more round of pushups or not heading to KFC for food, that $#!+ takes serious willpower
    Reminds me of DC Universe Online.

I'm still sore about it though. Hal should have been able to handle Adam.

But boy, was the CGI awesome with that trailer.

Zircher did a really good job with the Hal/Superman team-up. I wish he drew more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Zircher did a really good job with the Hal/Superman team-up. I wish he drew more issues.
    wait, where was this team up? (i thought he just drew hal and posted it on twitter).

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wait, where was this team up? (i thought he just drew hal and posted it on twitter).

He drew the two-part story in HJ&TGLC where Hal went back to Earth and teamed-up with Superman against Hector Hammond.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

it is stylish in a way...

Seems like the "Justice League vs the Fatal Five" movie finally confirms that Hal does in fact exist in the DCAU.

Seems like the "Justice League vs the Fatal Five" movie finally confirms that Hal does in fact exist in the DCAU.

ok. cool. i like the hair.

and hal is wearing his old costume.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

This is one of my favorite modern GL issues. Great story and incredible art by Ethan Van Sciver.

A great start to a great series.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wow, they even gave Kyle his actual comic look .