Page 66 of 222 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, they even gave Kyle his actual comic look .
    And yet Hal has the exact same design his alternate version had when he briefly switched places with John in that one episode Which is cool to see them all having different a look, since all the GLs in the DCAU previously shared the same basic design with the black gloves.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-31-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    And yet Hal has the exact same design his alternate version had when he briefly switched places with John in that one episode Which is cool to see them all having different a look, since all the GLs in the DCAU previously shared the same basic design with the black gloves.
    Now that I look at it, Guy has his GL:TAS design. You can tell by the hair:

space epic!

Yay - Aya as a full-fledged GL!

One of Hal's finest moments.

One of Hal's finest moments.

One of my favorite fights in a DC cartoon .

BANNED

I believe that show mispronounced Zilius Zox's name. I think it's supposed to be Zil-ee-us. Not Zil-ai-us. It's clearly supposed to be a play on Galius. Just some weird little thing I found somewhat distracting.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Showed my kids Aya's heel turn today. It's a shame that GL: TAS never got to play out Hal going bad. Just two or five more seasons of that show woulda been great

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Showed my kids Aya's heel turn today. It's a shame that GL: TAS never got to play out Hal going bad. Just two or five more seasons of that show woulda been great

I think Timm and co. said they could never have pulled off something like Parallax on the show, at least like they handled it in the comics.

At most it probably would have been for one or two parter or just a nod rather then a full blown Parallax storyline.

Yeah, when Bruce Timm was doing interviews for the show he said that DC spent a lot of time and effort to build Hal back into a hero, so it wouldn't make much sense for them to turn him into a bad guy on the show. I don't understand why fans would even want to see the character keep being associated with that story to be honest. Though there was a reference to it when Hal stole Larfleeze's power battery and he put on a bunch of orange rings in a callback to his rampage in Emerald Twilight, but of course he managed to fight off the influence. Who knows, if the show wasn't canceled and they decided to bring in Kyle down the line, I could probably see them do an adaptation of ET but they would've likely made it clear from the start that Hal didn't actually turn bad and Sinestro just released Parallax from the central power battery and directed him towards Hal.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-01-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Yeah, when Bruce Timm was doing interviews for the show he said that DC spent a lot of time and effort to build Hal back into a hero, so it wouldn't make much sense for them to turn him into a bad guy on the show. I don't understand why fans would want to see that to be honest. Though there was a reference to it when Hal stole Larfleeze's power battery and he put on a bunch of orange rings in a callback to his rampage in Emerald Twilight, but of course he managed to fight off the influence. Who knows, if the show wasn't canceled and they decided to bring in Kyle down the line, I could probably see them do an adaptation of ET but they would've likely made it clear from the start that Hal didn't actually turn bad and Sinestro just released Parallax from the central power battery and directed him towards Hal.
    Yeah, at best we would've seen Parallax possess Hal and then spend 2-3 episodes of the Interceptor Crew trying to bring him out of it, but they wouldn't turn the main character into a bad guy for an entire season.

The great thing about adapting the whole Destruction of Coast City/Emerald Twilight/Parallax/Final Night arc is, unlike the comics, you could do it over the course of one season with John, Guy, and Kyle getting their chance to go up against Hal as the Big Bad. Then the next season, you start off with Rebirth and head straight into Blackest Night.

It doesn't have to stretch out for decades like it did in the comics, but with not enough good comics in between.

Now that I think about it, a Parallax storyline would probably feel like a rehash of what they did to Aya, with the added consequence of writing out your main character. There's was just really no likelihood they would have handled it at all like the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, a Parallax storyline would probably feel like a rehash of what they did to Aya, with the added consequence of writing out your main character. There's was just really no likelihood they would have handled it at all like the comics.
    You're right about the rehash, but I think it could still work because everybody would know from the outset that Hal's possessed by Parallax, which would put a new spin on the story. I would merge the Fall of Sinestro/Sinestro Corps/Parallax stories altogether. Sinestro, alongside Parallax/Hal, The Anti-Monitor, and the Cyborg Superman (or Mongul depending upon how much outside DCU they want to adapt).