Page 68 of 222 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3319
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    For the Hal fans, Is it harder for you guys to enjoy JLA when Hal isn't in it? It has been for me. Hal hasn't been a major part of the JLA consistently since the old Justice League Europe days. I was excited for the new 52 because Hal's status was elevated thanks to the Sinestro Corps War and John's influence but right after the first arc he left and only made sporadic appearances. No offense against John, he needs a home but I do long for Hal's presence in DC's tent pole title. He missed out on COIE, though I loved the GL issues associated with it Hal had no part in the battle with the Anti-Monitor, and has missed out on a lot ever since. It almost feels like Barry has been in as many big crossover events as Hal, and Barry was 'dead' for like 20+ years. The fact that Hal didn't get to be in Morrison's JLA I know he was either a villain or dead at the time, or other big events is just a bummer, probably why I have really enjoyed the Justice League books as much as I would have thought post Satellite era.
    Thank you. This is how I feel.

His title is great right now but that's about it.

Wish he was part of the movies an tv series too.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Well, TGL #6 was amazing. Now to wait for another month. :\

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    For the Hal fans, Is it harder for you guys to enjoy JLA when Hal isn't in it? It has been for me. Hal hasn't been a major part of the JLA consistently since the old Justice League Europe days. I was excited for the new 52 because Hal's status was elevated thanks to the Sinestro Corps War and John's influence but right after the first arc he left and only made sporadic appearances. No offense against John, he needs a home but I do long for Hal's presence in DC's tent pole title. He missed out on COIE, though I loved the GL issues associated with it Hal had no part in the battle with the Anti-Monitor, and has missed out on a lot ever since. It almost feels like Barry has been in as many big crossover events as Hal, and Barry was 'dead' for like 20+ years. The fact that Hal didn't get to be in Morrison's JLA I know he was either a villain or dead at the time, or other big events is just a bummer, probably why I have really enjoyed the Justice League books as much as I would have thought post Satellite era.
    I feel you, but I like that Hal working with the League feels like an event now. Darkseid War felt more important because Hal came back. Metal was a bigger deal because Hal was the Crotch of the JLA Voltron in Metal!

I don't want him in Snyder's book because the story he's telling works better with John. I don't want him in Odyssey because Jessica's a better fit there and the book isn't that good. I'd love to see some more flashback stories with Hal and the classic League now that the old school Silver Age, JLA: Year One, New Frontier & New 52 are all being mixed together.

I would love to see a great creator do what James Robinson & Darwyn Cooke did for the 1940s and 50s, but with the 1960s League, the rise of the Teen Titans and the awesome character arc that Hal Jordan & Oliver Queen go through, culminating in their meeting in 1969

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

Wish he was part of the movies an tv series too.
    I think there was a real missed opportunity with Hal in the Reign of the Supermen animated movie. I would have loved to see Nathan Fillion tackle a real meaty Hal Jordan story for once. He had a good showing in Death of Superman though. His fight with Doomsday was pretty great!

It's a shame Justice League Action went nowhere and there were so few appearances by Josh Keaton's Hal.

Can't really decide who I like more as Hal. Both Fillion and Keaton are Hal. No one else comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think there was a real missed opportunity with Hal in the Reign of the Supermen animated movie. I would have loved to see Nathan Fillion tackle a real meaty Hal Jordan story for once. He had a good showing in Death of Superman though. His fight with Doomsday was pretty great!
    I thought it was good that they kept things totally Superman-centric as far as the events of Reign of the Supermen. I didn't need to see the destruction of Coast City and there was no guarantee when they'd actually follow up on that story if they did it.

I think Hal and Wonder Woman were the only members of the League before Superman showed up who were able to go toe-to-toe with Doomsday for more then a few seconds.
    Can't really decide who I like more as Hal. Both Fillion and Keaton are Hal. No one else comes close.
    Christopher Meloni was pretty solid in First Flight, and I like David Boreanz, Steve Blum, and Adam Baldwin .

But Fillion and Keaton are probably the two who duke it out the most for the top Hal VA. Probably because they've reprised him the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was good that they kept things totally Superman-centric as far as the events of Reign of the Supermen. I didn't need to see the destruction of Coast City and there was no guarantee when they'd actually follow up on that story if they did it.

I think Hal and Wonder Woman were the only members of the League before Superman showed up who were able to go toe-to-toe with Doomsday for more then a few seconds.

Christopher Meloni was pretty solid in First Flight, and I like David Boreanz, Steve Blum, and Adam Baldwin .

But Fillion and Keaton are probably the two who duke it out the most for the top Hal VA. Probably because they've reprised him the most.
    I think Hal's various voice actors have all done a good job, although Justin Kirk didn't work near as well as Nathan Fillion would have for Justice League War. I can see why they went back to Fillion immediately.

By Jimbo Salgado.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Well, TGL #6 was amazing. Now to wait for another month. :\
    it's nice to have something that's not just a quick read.

tons of substance, both in plot and in art.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think Hal's various voice actors have all done a good job, although Justin Kirk didn't work near as well as Nathan Fillion would have for Justice League War. I can see why they went back to Fillion immediately.
    I think the same could be said for the other War VA's they recast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I liked Meloni a lot - I thought he really captured Hal's irreverent attitude without being too snarky. I can't really get into Boreanaz or Fillion because I'm too familiar with them and I only hear them, not Hal but that's my problem. I also thought Dermot Mulroney was a good Hal in that "The Batman" show.

Keaton's #1 for me. The writing of course helps, but he really manages to get all of Hal's layers.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    it's nice to have something that's not just a quick read.

tons of substance, both in plot and in art.
    Absolutely. Probably a good time to go back and read all the first six issues in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Absolutely. Probably a good time to go back and read all the first six issues in one sitting.
    i think i read in this thread that grant has good sales when it comes to tpb's. i can see why.

that last page... i had to go to wiki for it.

spoilers:
    so he's a sorcerer... got confused and thought he was like mr. myxyzptlk
    end of spoilers

Can't believe it's been 25 years since that character assassinating nonsense.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-05-2019 at 09:31 AM.