Page 75 of 222 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 3319

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    a new green lantern injustice 2 figure.

cool, i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Very...busy .
    I agree. Part of what makes a GL costume work is the simplicity.

For me, "busy" only works for Guy & Kyle.

Extraordinary Member

Hal does not skip lat day.

Extraordinary Member

I finally read Green Lantern #40 (Oct. 1965).

I loved the Gil Kane art, and the menace of Krona.

I'd love to see Grant handle Krona.

I don't want to give away spoilers, but the game plan that allowed Hal & Alan to hold their own against Krona really reminded me of the Firestorm set-up.

Did Gerry Conway, the creator of Firestorm, take a huge bite out of John Broome's story?

Extraordinary Member

I also read the first appearance of Guy Gardner.

How surreal it was to read that Guy really was a good man who wanted to do the right thing with his power.

It would be interesting if the planet Guy "visited" were touched on again.

It was also cool reading how good the Guardians got along with Hal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think he died during Infinite Crisis.
    Infinite Crisis? Was it Superboy Prime?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

How surreal it was to read that Guy really was a good man who wanted to do the right thing with his power.

How and when did Guy's rivalry with Hal started?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I finally read Green Lantern #40 (Oct. 1965).

I loved the Gil Kane art, and the menace of Krona.

I'd love to see Grant handle Krona.

I don't want to give away spoilers, but the game plan that allowed Hal & Alan to hold their own against Krona really reminded me of the Firestorm set-up.

Did Gerry Conway, the creator of Firestorm, take a huge bite out of John Broome's story?
    That's great. That is honestly one of my favorite GL comics of all time.

So many amazing concepts set up. Team up of Hal and Alan. Intro of Krona and his story and so many important GL mythos.

Honestly I first read GL with Johns run and thought he was reposnsible for all the great GL mythos. But come to see that he was just bringing back brilliant ideas already thought up by Broome and Kane.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Yeah its kind of weird to see that Guy was just initially a generic good guy and far from the very interesting and bombastic character we know today.

I think this was just supposed to be a throw away story.

Another very common misconception is that Hal was always a rebel and went against the gaurdians often. Hal is part of a Para military force where it's members need to respect authority in order to function at all. Hal reffered to the Gaurdians as masters and was extremely loyal to them. Also the gaurdians were portrayed as wise and noble as opposed to corrupt and "the man".

It wasn't until the mid 80's that Hal first went against the gaurdians and that was for Carol and his personal life. And he was conflicted. Not because Hal is inherently a rebel and just because.

Guy's rivalry started when he was brought back with Engleharts amazing run when he Guy recoverd from his vegatable state and totally revamped his personality into the Guy we know and love today.

He immediately clashed with Hal just based on his lovable personality and because at that time Hal was not GL and Guy wanted to be the one and only
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 04-15-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    During the Denny O'Neil run during the tail end of the Green Arrow being Hal's co-star.

When Guy was presumed dead (he found himself stuck in the Phantom Zone after a mishap with a faulty power battery), Hal almost wifed-up Gardner's fiance.

(Which may have started a rather gross tradition of GL's occasionally swapping each other's love interests.)

The untreated injuries Guy sustained during that time caused him to have brain damage, and he developed an irrational rivalry with Hal.

***EDIT***
    <YIKES!>

WallyWest Flash is right! While Denny did lay the ground work for it, it was Steve Englehart who developed the Guy/Hal rivalry!
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 04-15-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That's great. That is honestly one of my favorite GL comics of all time.

So many amazing concepts set up. Team up of Hal and Alan. Intro of Krona and his story and so many important GL mythos.

Honestly I first read GL with Johns run and thought he was reposnsible for all the great GL mythos. But come to see that he was just bringing back brilliant ideas already thought up by Broome and Kane.
    It is kinda messed up that Hal & Alan don't have a lot of modern team-ups. I hope Alan is brought back soon.

The ideal that Krona would sacrifice a whole universe for selfish curiosity is frightening.

Worse, his back-up plan to flee to Earth-2 if feces hit the fan made him a real bastard!

I love villains who own their evilness!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah its kind of weird to see that Guy was just initially a generic good guy and far from the very interesting and bombastic character we know today.

I think this was just supposed to be a throw away story.

Another very common misconception is that Hal was always a rebel and went against the gaurdians often. Hal is part of a Para military force where it's members need to respect authority in order to function at all. Hal reffered to the Gaurdians as masters and was extremely loyal to them. Also the gaurdians were portrayed as wise and noble as opposed to corrupt and "the man".

It wasn't until the mid 80's that Hal first went against the gaurdians and that was for Carol and his personal life. And he was conflicted. Not because Hal is inherently a rebel and just because.

Guy's rivalry started when he was brought back with Engleharts amazing run when he Guy recoverd from his vegatable state and totally revamped his personality into the Guy we know and love today.

He immediately clashed with Hal just based on his lovable personality and because at that time Hal was not GL and Guy wanted to be the one and only
    Honestly, I miss the old days of a person becoming a hero simply because it was the right thing to do.

I am glad Steve revamped Guy's character, though. It made sense during the 1980's. That is the Guy I've known since I was a kid. It is hilarious now to know he was initially a squeaky-clean do-gooder who would have died tragically saving a "Lord of the Flies" type world.

I always thought Hal worked best as the good soldier. His anger felt real when the Guardians (under mind control) tried to strip his of his ring GL #40.

I think the "Hal Solo" stuff is just a front to cover up that he is a highly competent, focused, and well-disciplined warrior.

Feels like a promo post for GL:TAS .

12734174_961494543944818_3860002805047493370_n.jpg

Rainbow league. Ethan Van Sciver at his best.

12734174_961494543944818_3860002805047493370_n.jpg

Rainbow league. Ethan Van Sciver at his best.
    Poor Batman, Aquaman, and Flash stuck with the "evil" ones .