Page 95 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3319
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I'll say I agree with this. I don't have an opinion on this show one way or the other because I'm definitely not the target audience. It might as well be a smattering of colors and shapes to me. To be clear, I'm not saying it's a bad show. I'm just saying that the crazy stalker girl trope is a little played out. This looks like a show for young kids so maybe they over exaggerated it for laughs. I don't know, it's not a good look for Carol or Hal. The best part was when the video ended my youtube suggestions popped up some mini webisode on Superman IV. So my day just got a whole lot better.
    I feel angry and sad that they chose Carol to be a clown in a show called DC Super Hero Girls. Geoff Johns already made Star Sapphire a superhero. She deserves better than this.
    And as someone who got a stalker called me 30 times during I was pooping. I want to say this is not funny at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    I'll say I agree with this. I don't have an opinion on this show one way or the other because I'm definitely not the target audience. It might as well be a smattering of colors and shapes to me. To be clear, I'm not saying it's a bad show. I'm just saying that the crazy stalker girl trope is a little played out. This looks like a show for young kids so maybe they over exaggerated it for laughs. I don't know, it's not a good look for Carol or Hal. The best part was when the video ended my youtube suggestions popped up some mini webisode on Superman IV. So my day just got a whole lot better.
    That scene was rather tame. It could always be worse.

I try not to take those overly exaggerated portrayals that seriously.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-10-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is disgusting?
    Carol is not a crazy abusive stalker. This is almost insulting.
    I'm grateful for GLTAS. From what I remember, they treated Carol with respect there.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm grateful for GLTAS. From what I remember, they treated Carol with respect there.
    Carol was great in GL:TAS. More people should take note of that portrayal in my opinion .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Carol was great in GL:TAS. More people should take note of that portrayal in my opinion .
    So true.

Carol was smart and had really great lines in that show. And for someone who hasn't been trained on using a power ring, was able to hold her own against Atrocitus.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

And I hate TTG too. I've never understood why people would think this series contains sexual innuendos and creepy plots is "child-friendly" instead of throwing them into the same place with Elsagate.
    Batman used to gun people down in 1930s. Not every history deserves to be repeated.
    The old Looney Toons contained the sexual innuendo (and racism!) and they're also viewed as child-friendly. If Teen Titans Go isn't your bag, that's fair enough, though. Different strokes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The old Looney Toons contained the sexual innuendo (and racism!) and they're also viewed as child-friendly. If Teen Titans Go isn't your bag, that's fair enough, though. Different strokes...
    I feel that people don't really know what kid-friendly means anymore. If there's a more adult styled joke it suddenly becomes a mature show not intended for kids. When the rest of the episode is either slapstick goofyness or filled with other types of kid centric humor.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

I feel angry and sad that they chose Carol to be a clown in a show called DC Super Hero Girls. Geoff Johns already made Star Sapphire a superhero. She deserves better than this.
    And Geoff Johns is stupid. He essentially took Hal Jordan's two most recognized foes and made one a superhero and the other somewhat of an anti-hero.

And as someone who got a stalker called me 30 times during I was pooping. I want to say this is not funny at all.
    Wait...wait...what!? I'm not even confused about having a stalker or them calling you 30 times. But they did it while you were pooping?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    And Geoff Johns is stupid. He essentially took Hal Jordan's two most recognized foes and made one a superhero and the other somewhat of an anti-hero.

Wait...wait...what!? I'm not even confused about having a stalker or them calling you 30 times. But they did it while you were pooping?

No, Geoff Johns made the love of Hal Jordan's life a decent human being and superhero from a crazy evil bxtch. He loves the one that deserves his love instead of being a victim of physical and mental abuse. Geoff Johns also made his archenemy an interesting and memorable character from a flat clown. And he gave Hal Jordan more recognizable villains.

You want to know the details of how I was stalked?

BANNED

And he gave Hal Jordan more recognizable villains.
    Who? Atrocitus?

You want to know the details of how I was stalked?
    ... *shrug*
    Well, it's not like I'm dying to know, but the little introduction you began with had a pretty interesting hook to it.

BANNED

Lmaoooo WHAT

Such a nice scene. That show had some good writing. And yes Carol, don't forget handsome.

i think the whole show was nicely written too.

probably even better than the movie. (which i also enjoyed).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Such a nice scene. That show had some good writing. And yes Carol, don't forget handsome.
    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i think the whole show was nicely written too.

probably even better than the movie. (which i also enjoyed).
    It was a pretty great cartoon (that you can now watch in it's entirety on DC Universe) .