Page 154 of 239 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3576
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

You know this isn't true. Kid Flash is in Teen Titans, Impulse is in Young Justice, Wally West has a mini-series coming up, Jay Garrick has appeared in Doomsday Clock and will be appearing in an upcoming Justice League story. In terms of villains, there are ongoing sub-plots with Godspeed and Hunter Zolomon in Flash, and an evil (Earth-3?) counterpart of Impulse will be in Young Justice.

Complaining about things that aren't true just drowns out and undermines all legitimate complaints and criticisms.
    First off, glad to know your a mind reader that you say "You know this isn't true."

There has not been a Flash family interacting. The one and only time we saw this was with the Grodd story line a year and a half ago. Other wise there are various speedsters floating around in other dimensions and what not. That isn't a Flash family to me.

Also I will comment on what I think is legitimate. Trying to undermine someone else's opinions as not true and just drowning out real complaints is a pretty shitty thing to do.
    I'm assuming that the complaints that's you have are of course the legitimate complaints and criticisms. Of course.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

If they do save Wally I don't believe this was DC's long term plan. They don't seem organized or competent enough these days to do that.

More than likely it will be because of the blow back from HIC.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    If they do save Wally I don't believe this was DC's long term plan. They don't seem organized or competent enough these days to do that.

More than likely it will be because of the blow back from HIC.
    I can totally see writers like Snyder or Tynion wanting Wally back to use him in an event like Metal 2 or a Justice League Generation thing with the return of the JSA. Ironacally, it's precisely when HiC hit the shelves that many writers and artists expressed their love for Wally and the desire to work on a project with him.

I don't know what happened at DC, but it seems something definitely happened behind the scene if they decided to save him. I'd love to know what.

Astonishing Member

First off, glad to know your a mind reader that you say "You know this isn't true."
    You've posted in this thread about Flash Forward, so you know that DC is using speedsters other than Barry.

There has not been a Flash family interacting. The one and only time we saw this was with the Grodd story line a year and a half ago. Other wise there are various speedsters floating around in other dimensions and what not. That isn't a Flash family to me.

Also I will comment on what I think is legitimate. Trying to undermine someone else's opinions as not true and just drowning out real complaints is a pretty shitty thing to do.
    I'm assuming that the complaints that's you have are of course the legitimate complaints and criticisms. Of course.
    Expressing disappointment about the speedsters not interacting very often is fine. But when you said "there can't even be another speedster around except for Barry", that simply isn't true, it's provably false.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You've posted in this thread about Flash Forward, so you know that DC is using speedsters other than Barry.

Expressing disappointment about the speedsters not interacting very often is fine. But when you said "there can't even be another speedster around except for Barry", that simply isn't true, it's provably false.
    Yes. Wally is getting a six issue mini.series after ten years. And he's the only one.

Another speedster around in a prominent role or around Barry to make a speedster league as Barry said. To give context to the inserted quote of mine you plucked out randomly. Looks like your nit picking bits of what I said and purposely missing the point I was making to start an argument.

Sorry. Not interested buddy.

Astonishing Member

Yes. Wally is getting a six issue mini.series after ten years. And he's the only one.

Another speedster around in a prominent role or around Barry to make a speedster league as Barry said. To give context to the inserted quote of mine you plucked out randomly. Looks like your nit picking bits of what I said and purposely missing the point I was making to start an argument.

Sorry. Not interested buddy.
    I wasn't purposely missing anything, I took what you said at face value.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I don't know what happened at DC, but it seems something definitely happened behind the scene if they decided to save him. I'd love to know what.
    The people in charge of DC publishing do not like Wally and pretty much bulldozed the opposition to bring Barry back as the Flash. Since Rebirth they have done their best to sabotage the character. It's like with Cassandra Cain, Snyder actually wanted to use the character for his Batman, but editorial told him no. A lot of the talent love Wally and wanted to bring him back from day one of Nu52 and their bosses said no. As long as you have this situation, no matter how many creators love the character, he is still going to be in the gutter because of the disproportionate power of one person (who frankly should have been fired for being part of the former regime that was NDA-ing sexual harassment at DC).
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-26-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I guess the question then is "are they using them well?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This. And for clarification Jay Garrick has appeared in two maybe three panels, that hardly counts as him being used. I very much look forward to Snyder releasing him from editorial purgatory.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sure, that's something to be discussed. Anything that's not based on a false premise.

Is that from the Byrne JLA arc from before Infinite Crisis? Looks familiar but I can't place it.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Targeted harassment, mostly. (It's not like he could deny it). If I recall correctly, after he told a depressive person to kill themselves on either twitter or facebook a bunch of articles came to light about EVS and a bunch of his friends incessantly harassing one or more people to the point of causing some real damage in their real lives. At this point he apologized and laid low for a while, but when he resurfaced he was already running with the ComicsGate crowd and became sort of a pariah in the industry.

I don't believe any of things against him were sexual in nature, though.
    Thanks! Ya know now that you mention it I used to follow EVS and Moose Bauman on Facebook. Moose was the colorist I believe on a lot of his work and they used to be friends. I remember reading some nasty stuff between them a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Is that from the Byrne JLA arc from before Infinite Crisis? Looks familiar but I can't place it.
    Not sure. But looks like it.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

So, what does everyone think?
    Was the blowback from Heroes in Crisis enough to make Didio do an about face and restore Wally West as a hero?
    Or is this newly conjured mini series just going to be another ***k you to Wally West fans?
    And finally, are you going to BUY IT?

Even though a very noisy section of fans let their thoughts be known, I don't believe it's enough to make Dan and Co change their position.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.