Page 103 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3576
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Greg is one of my favorite comic writers, but Wally doesn't strike me as a character that would appeal to him. Do you guys really think there's a chance? What was this Instagram post?
    This is the post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnIr3qB...ns_share_sheet

I think Rucka was just having a laugh, I wouldn't put it as any indication of anything.

But I believe he wrote Wally quite decently back in the day during that WW/Flash crossover.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    That was a fun issue!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...oes-in-crisis/

So, you guys think this is good? bad? Not gonna happen? Worse than the current status quo? Clickbait?
    So, after doing their absolute utmost to completely destroy Wally West, they wanna flog a mini series??

There is NO way you get my money for another story from an editorial group who have made it patently clear they couldn't give a **** about the character.
    Last edited by married guy; 05-20-2019 at 12:41 AM.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That was a fun issue!
    It was really good. Loved this part though where Wally sees Billy about to be hit by his lightning and "saves" him.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    So, after doing their absolute utmost to completely destroy Wally West, they wanna flog a mini series??

There is NO way you get my money for another story from an editorial group who have made it patently clear they couldn't give a **** about the character.
    You realize that if this mini doesn't sell well we lose any real chance of ever seeing a Wally ongoing, right? I'm not happy with HiC either but I don't want DC to have the satisfaction of having succeeded in their character assassination.

I'll happily buy two copies just to show them how much they failed in turning me off the character.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    You realize that if this mini doesn't sell well we lose any real chance of ever seeing a Wally ongoing, right? I'm not happy with HiC either but I don't want DC to have the satisfaction of having succeeded in their character assassination.

I'll happily buy two copies just to show them how much they failed in turning me off the character.
    That makes it such a double-edged sword though .

If it sells well it is telling DC that readers like their treatment of the character and will probably continue with their vision for the character. Wally West is my favorite character and I say leave him be until the powers to be at DC have changed hands and someone who gets Wally is in charge.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Yeah, that way lies madness.

Right after Flash: Rebirth, the motto was "well, if Barry's title doesn't sell, we'll never see Wally again". Then "if Nu52 Wally tanks, they will just give up on Wally". And on and on and on. But Convergence: Speed Force sold, DCU: Rebirth sold like gangbusters and still, what have we got after it?

Don't buy into that. If the direction this mini go sucks, if it's not something you wanna read, don't buy it. And keep complaining whenever/whatever you feel it's fair.

You should not let them make something you love ionto a hostage, and end up accepting something you hate just so you don't have anything.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    If it sells well it is telling DC that readers like their treatment of the character and will probably continue with their vision for the character. Wally West is my favorite character and I say leave him be until the powers to be at DC have changed hands and someone who gets Wally is in charge.
    When do you think the next time DC will even try publishing another Wally series again if this tanks?

I'd rather hedge my bets that a Wally ongoing on the table will eventually attract worthwhile talent that cares about Wally.

I want DC to move past this awful period with the character as well and hopefully the sooner he gets an ongoing the sooner we can get a retcon for HiC. If DC decides that Wally isn't worth telling stories about, he could sit around festering in HiC stink for decades. I want to move on and put it behind us as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, that way lies madness.

Right after Flash: Rebirth, the motto was "well, if Barry's title doesn't sell, we'll never see Wally again". Then "if Nu52 Wally tanks, they will just give up on Wally". And on and on and on. But Convergence: Speed Force sold, DCU: Rebirth sold like gangbusters and still, what have we got after it?

Don't buy into that. If the direction this mini go sucks, if it's not something you wanna read, don't buy it. And keep complaining whenever/whatever you feel it's fair.

You should not let them make something you love ionto a hostage, and end up accepting something you hate just so you don't have anything.
    I agree with pretty much all of this. If it sucks I'll probably drop it. I'm not going to let HiC stop me from buying a (hopefully) good Wally story either though.

When do you think the next time DC will even try publishing another Wally series again if this tanks?

I'd rather hedge my bets that a Wally ongoing on the table will eventually attract worthwhile talent that cares about Wally.

I want DC to move past this awful period with the character as well and hopefully the sooner he gets an ongoing the sooner we can get a retcon for HiC. If DC decides that Wally isn't worth telling stories about, he could sit around festering in HiC stink for decades. I want to move on and put it behind us as quickly as possible.
    Again, if this book were to sell well they are going to continue on the path started in HIC...they aren't going to give us the Wally we know and love. I'd prefer no Wally to THIS Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Again, if this book were to sell well they are going to continue on the path started in HIC...they aren't going to give us the Wally we know and love. I'd prefer no Wally to THIS Wally.
    We don't know that though. There are plenty of writers who I think would do Wally justice. If Tom King is announced writing I might get a little worried right now but Bendis, Williamson, Morrison, Johns and probably many others would do a good job with the character.

I'm not saying that if the book is bad I wouldn't drop it but I'd rather at least show up innitially for a book that many of us have spent the last seven or eight years asking for.

Astonishing Member

Morrison writes what he wants and doesn't want to use Wally. Johns is obviously way too busy. I'm mixed on Bendis. I love Wally's history and Bendis is notoriously slap dash with character history. Williamson can write his character but couldn't strung together a satisfying plot both times he included Wally.

We don't know that though. There are plenty of writers who I think would do Wally justice. If Tom King is announced writing I might get a little worried right now but Bendis, Williamson, Morrison, Johns and probably many others would do a good job with the character.

I'm not saying that if the book is bad I wouldn't drop it but I'd rather at least show up innitially for a book that many of us have spent the last seven or eight years asking for.
    Since first hearing of Barry's return in 2008 I knew Wally was going to get the shaft. People kept saying "you don't know that, you don't know that". The last 10 years proved me right so I am feeling pretty confident that I know how DC will treat Wally West.

- First Wally gets replaced as the main Flash. Loses book.
    -Second Wally gets erased from existence.
    -Now Wally kills a bunch of heroes and friends and covers it up in a terribly written story that makes no sense on any level.

You're being beyond optimistic to think DC has anything good planned for Wally. Or anything that resembles the character we love.

Hope I am wrong but I am not.