Page 181 of 239 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3576
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Loved this issue. Full of hope, with a nice relationship between Clark and Wally and the promise that our hero would fight for Linda.

On the bright side, we just have to wait another month to see her again ! Can't wait !
    It was a great issue. Seeing Wally and Clark together. Having the two previous FP heroes together. And it seemed to further the Rebirth plan of fixing everything. Thats the biggest dissapointment for me. Would have loved to see them fight for fixing things in Rebirth againt Dr Manhattan. But now we all know how that turned out.

I really liked how Clark told Wally to go after Linda and not give up as well.

Wally and Superman really have a lot in common. Heroes who are hopeful and inspire. Light hearted. Married. And they have a history together in the JLA.

Would love to see them team up again. In fact throw in my third favorite as well Hal Jordan. He has a connection to both Wally and Superman. Although very different ones. Would be a cool dynamic to see.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. That issue was just Clark straight up ignoring Wally and hiding the truth from him and using a race to do so. It's one of Clark's biggest failings as Superman since he came back. Even after he learned everything Wally said was true he paid it no mind.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Loved this issue. Full of hope, with a nice relationship between Clark and Wally and the promise that our hero would fight for Linda.

On the bright side, we just have to wait another month to see her again ! Can't wait !
    I hate to have to admit this because I there was a time I daily spent a half hour searching the net for new Wally info, but...

What issue?

(Work and home life have been kicking my a** and I was of the memory that the short series Didio has planned for Wally...er..his own character is next month.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I hate to have to admit this because I there was a time I daily spent a half hour searching the net for new Wally info, but...

What issue?

(Work and home life have been kicking my a** and I was of the memory that the short series Didio has planned for Wally...er..his own character is next month.)
    Titans #7 (Rebirth series)
    And I'm with Dred on this one....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Titans #7 (Rebirth series)
    And I'm with Dred on this one....
    Thanks.

Yeah, that was one massive disappointment when Superman pretty much ignored Wally after their little reunion/race. I kept expecting them to get together (preferably with Batman and Barry Allen to go over what Wally remembered while in the Speed Force and come up with some sort of brainstorming. Instead it was like the reunion never happened. This was NOT the Superman I grew up admiring and falling in love with! Sure you can argue that he had his own problems what with his own story & the JLA plotlines, but this was regarding a major freaking universe-changing threat that had damaged their entire world/universe. Surely that warranted at least one session of comparing notes!

(Of course I don't blame Superman anymore than I blame Wally for going wacko in HIC. Squarely put the blame on DC ED where it belongs.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Progressing a character is fine but just... no, to all of this. Johns completely and utterly ruined Superboy, Impulse and Wonder Girl in his Teen Titans. From their personalities to their powers, he systematically removed everything that was unique and interesting about these characters in the first place. His TT run was fine on a plotting level but, holy hell, was it a trainwreck in terms of characterization.

Thank heavens for Brian Michael Bendis, who has written these characters more in-character than anyone since the original YJ ended.

Which is why I said it before and I'll say it again, give him a Wally West book as part of his Wonder Comics imprint. I mean, he's rather busy right now but this has to happen at some point, right?
    Not agreeing to this.
    We can discuss about the personality, BUT the power progress was PERFECT.

Only TTK was just to limited and I am glad that Johns understood it and developed Superboys Powers to make him more powerful and interesting than he was before.
    Not this limited TTK who made him much weaker than Clark.

Also the Superboy/Cassie Relationship was great, much better than the Clark/Lois one..

I dont like the new YJ because Superboy was displayed as weak in it..I mean who the hell is the guy on Gemworld? Superboy already fought against Doomsday,Brainiac,Luthor,Gog,Superboy Prime etc. etc. etc. etc. so why should he be scared of such a random "Dark Opal"?

The kneeling was even more horrible...
    Last edited by Masterff; 08-15-2019 at 11:27 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I dont like the new YJ because Superboy was displayed as weak in it..I mean who the hell is the guy on Gemworld? Superboy already fought against Doomsday,Brainiac,Luthor,Gog,Superboy Prime etc. etc. etc. etc. so why should he be scared of such a random "Dark Opal"?

Because he is vulnerable to magic.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Currently reading Sins of Youth : Kid Flash & Impulse #1.

Funniest. Team up. Ever.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Funniest. Team up. Ever.

I got a kick out of that mini series.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

This actually looks kind of interesting, and not just for being able to see Roy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This actually looks kind of interesting, and not just for being able to see Roy again.
    It definitely feels like a 80’ or 90’ Story. And in a good way

I'd really want to see an Elseworld mini about a Van Helsing type Roy. I hope when Roy comes back he isn't just this version brought over to the main Earth.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Funniest. Team up. Ever.

Nice. I gotta re read that soon. Bart as the level headed one. Don't really see that.

That variant cover is really cool.

Yes it finally looks like something is happening after three issues. The first two were just repeats of the main plot. This sounds interesting. Not loving the continous statement of Wally fighting darkness but the darkness within is greater. Get outta hear with that.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake