Page 190 of 239 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3576
    BANNED

You might want to see this Bleeding Cool take on this new Flash Forward Solicits... https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/09...rward-4-maybe/

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

[QUOTE=Spider-Ham;4565414]Flash Forward #4

On Wally West’s journey into the depths of the Multiverse, he’s run across vampires and hellhounds and his own ghosts from the past...but nothing has prepared him for this next stop on his journey. In this issue, the mysterious world that is causing the Dark Multiverse to bleed into our own will be revealed, and you will not believe what connection it has to the Fastest Man Alive...
    So it's the goat planet? I liked the goat planet. No, really. I did. They had a sense of humor.

Does this mean that issue #1 is about Dracula, #2 is The Hound of the Baskervilles, #3 a family photo album? What is this book, a promo for Halloween? (Yes, photo books are scary. Baby pics. Enough said.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

It could also be the revelation that our Wally comes from an Earth of the Dark Multiverse ... ^^’

Incredible Member

I like that Shaner re-draw all those images instead of just making copy-paste. Love the reference to the mistery of who was the guy who talked to young Wally on The Flash #0. Hate the HiC scenes.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It was the most obvious, and easiest, route to take, but it sure looks like Lobdell is using Dark Multiverse shenanigans to explain away Heroes in Crisis. Works for me. This is awfully reminiscent of how they explained away Jean Loring's similarly baffling behavior from Identity Crisis with Eclipso.

Anything that manages to clean up this mess and give the character a compelling raison d'etre again is okay with me. Hell, I'd even be happy with Priest's cheeky solution to fixing the mess left by the New 52 of having Batman turn directly to the reader and state "We %&#ed up. Sorry." and simply moving on from there as if it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It having Batman turn directly to the reader and state "We %&#ed up. Sorry." and simply moving on from there as if it never happened.
    I’m totally okay with this. But I don’t want to learn that my boy is the twisted version of a dying world in the dark Multiverse.
    It would completely destroy what Johns did with the Rebirth.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I’m totally okay with this. But I don’t want to learn that my boy is the twisted version of a dying world in the dark Multiverse.
    I would so be up for an 'evil twin' multiverse version (Walter?) who knocked our Wally out (or while our Wally was on vacay) and was the one during Flash War and HIC instead of Rebirth Wally. Anything that knocks HIC back on its butt, in a deep hole, with a filled dump truck at the ready.

Priest... name sounds familiar. I'd have to look it up, but as of right now I love the man. He should be given multiple books.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I would so be up for an 'evil twin' multiverse version (Walter?) who knocked our Wally out (or while our Wally was on vacay) and was the one during Flash War and HIC instead of Rebirth Wally. Anything that knocks HIC back on its butt, in a deep hole, with a filled dump truck at the ready.

Priest... name sounds familiar. I'd have to look it up, but as of right now I love the man. He should be given multiple books.
    Christopher Priest is awesome. And that totally sounds like the type of thing he'd suggest. After all, this is the same guy who made the nickname "Crab Face Guy" for Kyle Rayner canon.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Astonishing Member

Priest is also the one who wrote Lazarus Contract and **** on Wally and the Titans nearly as hard as anyone else since he came back, and then defended every action besides how bad his time travel plot was.

Incredible Member

Go the even more obvious route, just say he was infected by Batman Who Laughs. Done.

We talked about Flash Forward but let's not forget that we can find Wally in two other titles in december : https://www.newsarama.com/46928-dc-c...citations.html

COIE #8 and The Flash #164 !

Since the reprints and the facsimile are part of the few things that make Didio upset, make sure to get a copie !

We talked about Flash Forward but let's not forget that we can find Wally in two other titles in december : https://www.newsarama.com/46928-dc-c...citations.html

Since the reprints and the facsimile are part of the few things that make Didio upset, make sure to get a copie !
    I already have the originals.

But was Wally even in Crisis #8? That was a great spotlight issue for Barry Allen, featuring his death, but Kid Flash wasn't with him at the time. Wally didn't find his empty costume until a later issue, though he may have been in with the MANY other heroes doing other things, away from the action with Barry at the time.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

When Barry time travels, Wally is one of the heroes he sees before dying. It’s only one panel and a few references though.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 09-15-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

That cover is great. Love seeing all the great moments of the real Wally from the 90's. Although it's ruined by the terrible HIC images in there.

Maybe it's trying to show us the contrast between them and that this is not the real Wally as the solicit implies.

Speaking of that I'm with most of the posters here that I would be just fine with the revaltion that HIC Wally was just a dark version of the real one. Pretty lazy and uninspired but I'll take it to wipe away the atrocity of HIC.

Although I would like DC to go a step further and actually bring back the real Wally and show him doing something no matter how brief. For two reasons. To wipe out the taste of HIC Wally since that is the last major version we saw of Wally and also to really emphasize that this is the real Wally and DC is actually serious about appeasing the fans.

Good point. I will definitely try to pick those up. Although I'm still not sure if I will be picking up Flash Forward yet so I might actually be picking up some DC comics then.

Guess this Wednesday will let me know.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It would be nice to see DC take the easy out, but I'm not sure how high my expectations are on that front.