Page 101 of 239 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3576
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    "Let's do something different..." Yeah. I did. I stopped buying new speedster books. [correction: new anything comics books]

Geoff John's 3rd series with Wally West. The one omnibus I didn't get despite it having Ignition in it.... because I didn't like any of the stories other than Ignition and I already had that as a separate trade I got at Amazon a decade ago. If it wasn't for the character of Hunter Zolomon I wouldn't have gotten any of the Geoff John's stories until Rebirth. Severely regret as is getting the first book of Brightest Day. (So very depressing. And gory.)

Wally West in another book: I'm with married here: Until the current people in control at DC are gone and new people without personal agendas which overrides good business sense come into play... I rather Wally be mothballed for now. My only issue there is that all this could happen and I might now know about it for God knows how long because without a good Wally West story in the near future I'm going to get even more bored checking out the DC forums. Goodness knows I rarely bother to check out the TV forum anymore and gave up on the Marvel and Independent (Titan Doctor Who series) quite awhile back.
    Yup. I have dropped all of my DC books for the first time ever, ever since HIC 8 came out. Bye bye DC.

Hopefully you'll return to normalcy soon so I maybe will come back. Until then...

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Remember when he beat Mongul? Right after he mainlined the Speed Force......those where good times......

Or when Wally best a Elder God by speeding up the counter spells chemical reaction provided by Linda’s dead ex husband.......or when on their honeymoon Kobra kept on trying to cause havoc.......or the uneasy alliance between Flash and Cold........

I miss those days
    Those were the best the best comics. 1995. Mongul, Dead Heat, Capatin Marvel with Underworld Unleashed, Race against time. Ect. Awesome comics.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Well, during the Silver Age Wally's eyes were blue.

A long time ago, Wally use to dye his hair brown so people wouldn't recognize him.

Silver Age
    Lol. And then you have the Fimation cartoons where Wally had black hair.

But yeah, during the Silver Age Wally's hair was brown/red and eyes were blue/green.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...oes-in-crisis/

So, you guys think this is good? bad? Not gonna happen? Worse than the current status quo? Clickbait?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

So, you guys think this is good? bad? Not gonna happen? Worse than the current status quo? Clickbait?
    This feels an awful lot like when Marvel relaunched Scarlet Spider after Ben Reily's heel turn in The Clone Conspiracy, and the book tried to focus on the redemption.

The article also says it fills a gap between HIC and the potential Suicide Squad veichle for Wally...so mini-series over the summer?

I'll believe it when I see it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

I’ll be real with y’all. Despite them destroying Wally.....imma still pick up that book if he gets a series

Mighty Member

Huh. Rich Johnson calls it a money-spinner, but if a Wally West mini-series is seen by DC as a money-spinner, why the hell haven't they done one already? Seems like something that is a guaranteed success should have been done a while ago.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Huh. Rich Johnson calls it a money-spinner, but if a Wally West mini-series is seen by DC as a money-spinner, why the hell haven't they done one already? Seems like something that is a guaranteed success should have been done a while ago.
    I know you don't quite believe in something called "editorial bias", but there is such a thing called "editorial bias".

That's why.

If this mini is true, it's only true right now because they must have realized at this point that they went a little too far and have to do some damage control.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

There's no way DC would sit on the Suicide Squad run this long. DC doesn't often seem to have a plan for what is happening with their ongoing titles more than a year out, let alone waiting for two minis to pass to launch this ongoing.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

It would explain why we haven't seen a new Suicide Squad #1 solicited after the previous volume ended though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I know you don't quite believe in something called "editorial bias", but there is such a thing called "editorial bias".

That's why.

If this mini is true, it's only true right now because they must have realized at this point that they went a little too far and have to do some damage control.
    Excuse me? What makes you think I don't believe in editorial bias? My comment implied editorial bias.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    This feels an awful lot like when Marvel relaunched Scarlet Spider after Ben Reily's heel turn in The Clone Conspiracy, and the book tried to focus on the redemption.

The article also says it fills a gap between HIC and the potential Suicide Squad veichle for Wally...so mini-series over the summer?
    Man, I hope we're not in for a Scarlet Spider situation with Wally...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Initially any mention of Wally with a solo series makes me happy. But then I think of how much they've screwed with Wally and what kind of position they're leaving him in and then I'm like "Nah. Just please leave him alone already."

Plus there has been this rumor of a solo series for years already so putting the above aside I'll believe it when I see it.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 05-19-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    "Nah. Just please leave him alone already."
    Exactly what I wish. Unfortunately, this rumor might be true : https://www.instagram.com/p/BxnIr3qB...ns_share_sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's going to be a Scarlet Spider-like situation, I can see it being definitely worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spider Spider, Scarlet Speedster

Another idea could be it's spinning out of Doomsday Clock, not just Heroes In Crisis, since he was mentioned in the last issue and will play a part in the next.

The Current Status Quo is so bad I’m actively hoping this is a Bendis book so he can salvage Wally for us
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe