Page 31 of 239 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Not really.

We got one throwaway scene of his family together, his friendships with John/Shayera trumped any he had on YJ in terms of balance and depth, his relationship with Artemis was a one-sided mess, and he was shown to have no desires outside of wanting a normal life to justify his retirement. It was essentially superficial in nature.
    I thought his relationship with Dick was really well-developed and great, as was his romance with Artemis, but to each their own. I at least appreciated getting to see Wally with his family outside of his costume over seeing him with Barry's job.
    He was the same character at the end that he was at the beginning. The only change is he transferred his need to do the hero thing to make him feel better about himself onto his relationship with Artemis.
    I think you could see how he matured and changed in what little we saw of him as season 2, where he came off more older and not the cocky hotshot he was in season 1. They just didn't get a chance to really expand on it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought his relationship with Dick was really well-developed and great, as was his romance with Artemis, but to each their own.
    The difference is I thought John and Shayera were actually shown to care and respect Wally despite their annoyance with him. Despite the fist-bumps with Dick and the romantic fluff with Artemis, there wasn't much substance to outweigh the awfulness in my opinion. But I'm glad you and a lot of others really enjoyed it. Just wish I felt the same.

I think you could see how he matured and changed in what little we saw of him as season 2, where he came off more older and not the cocky hotshot he was in season 1.
    It's hard to tell because we saw so little of him outside of him taking his concern for Artemis seriously. We get him making jokes at Roy's intervention, the mention he always forgets Valentine's Day showing he's still a screw up, and more joking around at the end. He just seemed to be the same immature goofball to me.
    Last edited by Rend20; 02-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They just didn't get a chance to really expand on it.
    You can't say they didn't get the chance when they made the show. They had all the chances in the world and deemed it unimportant.

Wally is definitely the least developed and least focused character of the core S1 cast. Which is fine, someone had to be, but it is what it is. He usually is an afterthought in whatever he's in. He got to be Artemis' love interest, which is a neat role reversal from how shows usually play that dynamic. It just didn't work in Wally's favor and made him very, very expendable. Sometimes the guy gets fridged. Not to mention a very, very unsatisfying build up to his death with him being constantly emasculated.
    Last edited by Dred; 02-12-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Nice Wally moment in todays Flash. It really seems like Williamson gets Wally. Wish he could write him.

2019-02-13 13.13.11.jpg

RCO013_1550077897.jpg
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 02-13-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Williamson and today's issue was far from perfect, but, wow, this page was waaaayyyy better than the entire Annual we got few days ago.

I really miss Wally West.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice Wally moment in todays Flash. It really seems like Williamson gets Wally. Wish he could write him.

2019-02-13 13.13.11.jpg

RCO013_1550077897.jpg
    That's probably the most thought I've ever seen someone put into the Kid Flash costume .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

2019-02-13 13.13.11.jpg

RCO013_1550077897.jpg
    This is and has been kind of my issue with the whole HiC Wally death thing. It's like he only came back to be killed over and over to make other, "important" characters mope and angst about his death. They literally have Batman moping about Wally West in this arc even though Batman never gave a **** about Wally.

Too much misery at the expense of a character I like. Just annoys me at this point.

The fact that Williamson shows that he gets Wally is the only thing keeping me around to see where this whole thing goes. I'm hoping he's got some sort of plan in his back pocket to mend what's currently happening in HiC.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Williamson and today's issue was far from perfect, but, wow, this page was waaaayyyy better than the entire Annual we got few days ago.

I really miss Wally West.
    I didn't have a problem with the ANNUAL (I only just got around to reading it today). I mean it didn't have enough Wally but that's just a given these days. I appreciated that it visited all the other characters in the Flash legacy and its that legacy an dfeeling of family which I like about the Flash (and is what is keeping me reading Williamson's FLASH run).

I think we can all agree that we miss Wally though.

So has there been any actual confirmation that Wally is the killer in Heroes in Crisis? Because I'm still hoping that's a fake out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    You can't say they didn't get the chance when they made the show. They had all the chances in the world and deemed it unimportant.

Wally is definitely the least developed and least focused character of the core S1 cast. Which is fine, someone had to be, but it is what it is. He usually is an afterthought in whatever he's in. He got to be Artemis' love interest, which is a neat role reversal from how shows usually play that dynamic. It just didn't work in Wally's favor and made him very, very expendable. Sometimes the guy gets fridged. Not to mention a very, very unsatisfying build up to his death with him being constantly emasculated.
    Considering the issues behind the scenes, it isn't hard to believe they did want to do more with Wally but weren't given an opportunity due to CN's scheduling interfering with their stories.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    They literally have Batman moping about Wally West in this arc even though Batman never gave a **** about Wally.
    Yeah, the whole thing with Bruce is pretty ridiculous.

I believe their only interaction since Wally's been back is Bruce referring to him as Barry's boy, him lecturing Wally about his powers, and essentially grounding his team for incompetence. I don't even think Bruce has memories of Wally from his Kid Flash days. Wally's death should be no different than La'gaan and the others for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So has there been any actual confirmation that Wally is the killer in Heroes in Crisis? Because I'm still hoping that's a fake out.
    Right now it's just speculation based on what clues have been offered and future solicitations for the series.

It’s more pointless lip service and yet another reminder of why I don’t really give a crap about DC anymore.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Kon93

I love when characters who are loved by fans and obviously not loved by the company that publishes the characters, but no matter how much crap they do to him, we won't let him really die and go away, cause if we didn't fight for him, they would love to get rid of him.

Wally west are like YJ show fans, they won't let it just die and go away, so keep up the good work, and be proud of urself

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I love when characters who are loved by fans and obviously not loved by the company that publishes the characters, but no matter how much crap they do to him, we won't let him really die and go away, cause if we didn't fight for him, they would love to get rid of him.

Wally west are like YJ show fans, they won't let it just die and go away, so keep up the good work, and be proud of urself
    Thanks for that.

Yes, Wally has a lot of passionate fans and not surprisingly. He was THE Flash for over 20 years. And as Williamson said in Flash #51, Wally was the Flash for a whole generation. He's not just some minor character .

Also the fact that his stories are the best stories of the Flash franchise for most. Bringing in.iconic staples into the Flash mythos.

It amazes me that with all that DIdio and co still think that people who have been reading comics for the last 20+ years will just up and forget about Wally and stop caring because.........?? Didio brought Barry back whom everyone was asking for?? Just kidding Didio said straight out he brought him back just because he personally liked him more.

Doesn't make a lot of sense. And we see it. Fans are constantly asking for Wally and Didio has acknowledged this. So not giving fans what they want as a business move and making money rather than pushing your own personal preferences is pretty illogical.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake