Page 110 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I love Wally but Donna takes the cake for editorial fuckery. Finch turned her into a horrible monster, murderer, and weapon in his run, too. Sure they've KIND OF retconned it (but not really) but they're about to do it again and she's also been similarly continuity fucked. I guess Wally lost more because he had more but Donna's always had it rough.
    Donna's problem is that the only consistent thing about the Wonder Woman franchise is Diana.Everything else changes at the whim of the newest writer.Are the Amazon's a female utopia or a society of man hating war mongers? What is Donna's backstory?Sometimes a WW writer will tell you one thing then contradict everything that happened in their own run a few months later.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Whenever Tom King writes something his Justification is always “WHEN I WAS IN THE CIA”

Infact I just made up a Meme for it:
    Attachment 82708
    Haha!! Love it. Good job man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    The dude is a one trick pony.
    Yes that everyone is depressed and broken and talks exactly the same. Batman, Guy Gardner, Phantom Starnger, Ambush Bug. They're all the same.

Denirac should make that an Opra meme. "You get Trauma, and you get trauma , everyone gets trauama."
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It looks like the Titan who comes out the best is......Garth?

The rest of the fab five have been screwed with pretty bad in varying degrees. I guess it pays off to be the forgotten one that no one cares about.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It looks like the Titan who comes out the best is......Garth?

The rest of the fab five have been screwed with pretty bad in varying degrees. I guess it pays off to be the forgotten one that no one cares about.
    Aside from drinking himself into a stupor in HiC...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aside from drinking himself into a stupor in HiC...
    Which came the hell out of nowhere. Hey, wasn't Donna already the alcoholic one?

Guess it's hard to keep track of which Titans are getting screwed with what for DC.

Incredible Member

Which came the hell out of nowhere. Hey, wasn't Donna already the alcoholic one?

Guess it's hard to keep track of which Titans are getting screwed with what for DC.
    Well Garth was a one time occurance. And considering what has happened to his closest friends its prob the most natural reponse.

What's really upsetting to me is that HIC completely ruined Wally's return to the DC Universe. When Geoff Johns brought him back in that "Rebirth" special, it was a great moment, and Johns perfectly captured the Wally West that Flash fans love.

To me, the ultimate blame belongs to DC's editorial leadership. They never should have allowed the HIC thing to happen.

DC fails to recognized that the reason we buy DC comics is because we love the characters. We want them to be heroes, and we root for them because they're heroes. So we want them to be treated with respect. What they did to Wally in HIC is a travesty.

It's sad how all the goodwill that "Rebirth" first generated is being undone. So much for a more hopeful universe.

I can't stand the idea of alcoholism being attached to any of the Fab Five.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I can't stand the idea of alcoholism being attached to any of the Fab Five.
    The Fab Five exist solely to be fucked up relative to their shining mentors who apparently are shitty mentors considering how fucked the Fab Five always are.

Astonishing Member

The Fab Five exist solely to be fucked up relative to their shining mentors who apparently are shitty mentors considering how fucked the Fab Five always are.
    Its weird that DC doesn't seem to realize that the condition of the Fab 5 makes their mentors look terrible. Now that I think on it, Aquaman is probably the only decent mentor out of Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow. And that's not because Aquaman is the best mentor ever, its because DC never planned or wanted to do anything with Garth.

Astonishing Member

Barry Flash was universally acknowledged as the best mentor until, amusingly, he came back to life.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Its weird that DC doesn't seem to realize that the condition of the Fab 5 makes their mentors look terrible. Now that I think on it, Aquaman is probably the only decent mentor out of Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Arrow. And that's not because Aquaman is the best mentor ever, its because DC never planned or wanted to do anything with Garth.
    -Wonder Woman was, at least in my eyes, NEVER displayed as good mentor, I havent read much of Donna, but as mentor for Cassie she was horrible and Donna was a way better mentor than Diana...
    I remember as Superboy died, she left Cassie simply back and also in Rebirth the hiding of Donnas true heritage was only bad for Donna...

-Was Aquaman ever a mentor? I never read Aquaman, but for me it always seemed at least in Comic, that he is the king and Garth is the protege, but only because they are both from Atlantis not more, there is also always a big distance between them..

-Batman is difficult, because sometimes he is a very good mentor like in the Anime Show, but sometimes also horrible, like Pre-Flashpoint with Cassandra...

Mighty Member

Barry Flash was universally acknowledged as the best mentor until, amusingly, he came back to life.
    What about Superman?
    In Rebirth and also everywhere else Superman is highly praised and also in the talk between Dick and Wally in the Titans, Dick jokes about what would Batman say if Wally comes with the Linda problem to him..and then Wally says that he prefers Supermans advice..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    What about Superman?
    In Rebirth and also everywhere else Superman is highly praised and also in the talk between Dick and Wally in the Titans, Dick jokes about what would Batman say if Wally comes with the Linda problem to him..and then Wally says that he prefers Supermans advice..
    Superman never had a sidekick until very recently. Even Conner just kind of did his own thing more than being trained by Supes. Superman's a good confidant and friend but mentor was never really his role in comics outside of brief conversations. You can't point to a character and talk about how Superman was definitively their mentor, except for Jon. And that's still a story in the making.

I guess you could kind of say the same for Donna, all things considered, but at least she was created in the mind of being Diana's protege.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-24-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Superman never had a sidekick until very recently. Even Conner just kind of did his own thing more than being trained by Supes. Superman's a good confidant and friend but mentor was never really his role in comics outside of brief conversations. You can't point to a character and talk about how Superman was definitively their mentor, except for Jon. And that's still a story in the making.

I guess you could kind of say the same for Donna, all things considered, but at least she was created in the mind of being Diana's protege.
    What about Supergirl? Kara was mentored by Superman and Diana and Artemis....

Diana was DEFINETELY at least Cassandras Mentor and also partially Supergirls mentor and she did a horrible job especially during Superboys Death...Donna instead was a good mentor...