Page 132 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3576
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Nope. I’m not the only one on these boards who have said they remember Ethan’s posts and interviews where he said he and Geoff petitioned Dan to bring Barry back for YEARS. That’s not conspiracy theories. It’s a fact that he has said that. I’ll try and dig up links. You are just choosing to believe Dan because he printed a pretty page of bullshit in the back of all DC comics 11 years ago.
    I’d be interested to read the articles if you can find them. I guess I just don’t understand why he would take the blame for something if he wasn’t the one at fault.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    An article arguing against the idea of a redemption for Wally.

https://www.cbr.com/heroes-in-crisis...no-redemption/
    Multiple manslaughter, dual framing for murders, giving out confidential medical information without permission... yes, they made it so the only way to restore Wally to his [rightful] place of honor is to Dr. Manhattan him. Like Dr. Manhattan saw (from Doomsday Clock) that Wally could potentially mess up all his experiments so he did a VR inside a VR/Time Travel to make it look like Wally was mentally unhinged and physically dangerous to be around.

In other words, character assassination.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Hopefully with Linda in tow.

You know, for someone who claims to love Wally, King had a pivotal role for a reporter in this and didn't have Wally turn to Linda.

At the very end, if all this was the same but served as a method to have Wally confide in Linda and begin developing their relationship anew, maybe that would have softened the blow. But instead, he went to Lois because she's the premier DC reporter in the same way Hal's the premier GL. Come on, man. Ah well. Always a pleasure to read some more Wally and Linda moments. I miss that dynamic tons.

Astonishing Member

Because he wrote the comic before he knew it was Wally. Also Lois is important and Linda is not.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Because he wrote the comic before he knew it was Wally. Also Lois is important and Linda is not.
    If he had time to make it about Wally wanting his family back, he had time to tool it into being about Linda. She's a big part of the book already, which means he wasn't done writing it until well after Wally was given to him. King just had a story to tell, lazily slammed Wally West into it and called it a day. Or he's not as big a Wally fan as he lets on and needs to be more honest with himself and with interviews. He didn't know much about Linda or the kids, just that Wally was married and had kids one time. That's literally the entirety of their plot significance. It shouldn't be.

I agree, Linda currently is unimportant. In his own words, so was Wally. This was their effort to put him back into prominence and Linda is integral to the plot. There's no reason not to put her in except, well, Tom didn't remember.

These two characters mean the world to one another and are intrinsically linked. It's just poor writing to have Linda be an object of Wally's affection, her actual skill set and agency be required, and then not include her. It's a mess.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It’s really nice to see your optimism on this thread ! Yes, even if we can’t do much, we do whatever we can to bring him back and he will return, hopefully as the Wally we love and with Linda kicking ass again. I really miss Linda Park and her relationship with Wally.

Thank you so much for this.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    It’s really nice to see your optimism on this thread ! Yes, even if we can’t do much, we do whatever we can to bring him back and he will return, hopefully as the Wally we love and with Linda kicking ass again. I really miss Linda Park and her relationship with Wally.

Thank you so much for this.
    Thanks man. You got it.

I also want to say I appreciate this thread and forum in general and the people in it and reacting and fighting for Wally. It's helped me.through this **** storm.

This whole thing obviously sucks to me as a huge Wally fan but there are a few things that are keeping me slightly optimistic.

I would say that this is comics and nothing is permenant and this too shall.pass but I don't think.that's good enough.

For now I'm really glad Doomsday clock came out the same day as HIC last week. Those few panels of seeing the real Wally really helped me. I'm very appreciative of Johns and feel he is our one hope for Wally and really the DCU that we love in general.

I've been re reading a lot of the Rebirth series and they were great and were building up to something.

Unfortunately at the end of 2017 Johns was kicked out and replaced with Didio. From what I think was from a few things but mainly the failure of the JL movie and the success of Metal that derailed Rebirth.

But as we all know Didio's version of DC blows and were really seeing it now as DC sales are in the toilet again. As we saw earlier this year they had to fire 2000 employees and cut their books by about half. It's crazy there are like only 40 books coming out of DC per month now. With their higheset selling title, Batman, doing poor for the title as well. But what will push it over the edge I think is the fiasco and huge blowback from HIC. There is a big backlash from it. We are already starting to see changes as King was taken off of Batman just 15 issues before his end and from.the announcement DC stated this is just the beginning of course correction across the line.

My hope is that since Didio has once again trashed DC by losing a ton of money and pissing off customers they will remove him. Hopefully for good this time. Johns will come back and put the DCU right again like he was in.middle of doing until the end of 2017.

All this is just speculatuon and hope though. Until then I am staying away from current DC. If I'm wrong then so be it. I still have decades worth of comics of Wally to enjoy.

As for the character himself as I said there are 100's of comics worth to enjoy. Wally is firmly established in many many peoples head and the malicious saboataging by one insecure, troll will not change that. This icon is way bigger than him. He will eventually fade and the Flash will still endure and be loved and enjoyed by many more for many more generations.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I remember what you're talking about, but wasn't that on a youtube video for his channel back before he burned all his bridges?

EVS was very proud of it so him trying to take the credit like the egotistic ******* he was doesn't surprise me. That said, either Didio was yanking his chain or he is exaggerating. Didio couldn't say "Wally is The Flash now!" when EVS would've been pitching Flash Rebirth because Didio had just gotten rid of him for like 2 years.
    Dan was saying “Wally is the Flash now” and things like way before he got rid of Wally. I’m talking around 2003 or 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Then why put them on the Flash book with Bart? It only makes sense if they were intended to be the writers for a Barry Allen Flash book, which was certainly the case. Much like how Bruce Jones and Judd Winnick were suppose to be writing Jason Todd as Nightwing in OYL with the Nightwing and Outsiders ongoings, those two were intended to write Barry Allen.
    You’re reaching. This is not any kind of proof imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I’d be interested to read the articles if you can find them. I guess I just don’t understand why he would take the blame for something if he wasn’t the one at fault.
    Ok so I’m posting this from my iPad so I hope the link works. If not go to wordballoon.com. Interview with Ethan on April 3 2009. It is an audio interview so there is absolutely no room for confusion. The part I am talking about starts around 6 minutes in. Listen for yourself but Ethan says he can’t recall if it was he or Geoff who first wanted Barry back but he says it definitely wasn’t Dan. He goes on about that for a bit how they had to convince him. Now you can believe Dans open letter if you want but he’s full of ****.

And I don’t think he believes he’s taking the blame. I think he thought and probably still thinks bringing Barry back was a good idea.

http://wordballoon.blogspot.com/sear...han+van+sciver

In addition this wasn’t the only place he said this. I was a big poster on comic bloc then and Geoff and Ethan often to talk to us and answer questions.

I remember even guessing on the board the conclusion of Blitz and Geoff reached out to me to ask me to keep it to myself. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hopefully with Linda in tow.

You know, for someone who claims to love Wally, King had a pivotal role for a reporter in this and didn't have Wally turn to Linda.

At the very end, if all this was the same but served as a method to have Wally confide in Linda and begin developing their relationship anew, maybe that would have softened the blow. But instead, he went to Lois because she's the premier DC reporter in the same way Hal's the premier GL. Come on, man. Ah well. Always a pleasure to read some more Wally and Linda moments. I miss that dynamic tons.
    Yeah, it sucks how much Linda has been marginalized.

Abnett had her in his first arc but then he just dropped her and did a Donna/Wally romance that no one was asking for and didn't really go anywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Dan was saying “Wally is the Flash now” and things like way before he got rid of Wally. I’m talking around 2003 or 2004.
    He was doing X-men, Weapon X, and being an X-men cover artist from 02 to 04. He came back to DC partway through 04 for JSA then into GL Rebirth at the start of 05. His last DC work before 04 was, like, Iron Heights. Wally's comic was gone a year later, and cancelled half a year before that. I'm not sure what mountain of effort EVS was having to put in but Didio had Wally cancelled within a year of becoming VP (and the planning had started way before that because Johns' run was notoriously cut a bit short). Things behind the scene change so slowly but it's preposterous to act like Didio was defending Wally in the background when he killed him as quickly as he possibly could in the middle of a popular and supported run.
    Last edited by Dred; 06-02-2019 at 02:59 PM.

He was doing X-men, Weapon X, and being an X-men cover artist from 02 to 04. He came back to DC partway through 04 for JSA then into GL Rebirth at the start of 05. His last DC work before 04 was, like, Iron Heights. Wally's comic was gone a year later, and cancelled half a year before that. I'm not sure what mountain of effort EVS was having to put in but Didio had Wally cancelled within a year of becoming VP (and the planning had started way before that because Johns' run was notoriously cut a bit short). Things behind the scene change so slowly but it's preposterous to act like Didio was defending Wally in the background when he killed him as quickly as he possibly could in the middle of a popular and supported run.
    I’m not saying he was defending Wally. I’m simply saying it wasn’t Dans idea to bring Barry back.

Also I don’t think Geoff’s run on Wally was cut short. 60 ish issue run. Felt complete to me.