Page 100 of 239 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 3576
    Incredible Member

I think Bendis would kill it with Wally and Bart. With Barry, he puts too much Wally into it. Even gave him red hair too lol.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Yet. The Name That Shall Not Be Spoken (B-T) is possibly still out there. Who came up with that bit of offal, anyway?

Oh, and if they do make Bart a homicidal maniac they will likely blame Wally for having influenced or some other kind of garbage.
    Think it was Scott Lodbell that cane up with that abomination.

Lol. Sound about right. With Didio there's never too low when it comes to Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Much to my surprise, Bendis does seem to write a good Bart!
    Granted, I haven't read much of his stuff (Torso and Powers) but he didn't strike me as a guy who could write such a character convincingly.
    I'd like to see him write a flashback with Bart & Wally and see how he tackles that dynamic.
    It is a nice surprise. But makes sense that Bendis cutesy talks works for Bart. Just not every single character that he writes . Which he writes in that voice.

But it is nice to finally have Bart's fun, distinct voice back after so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    If anyone wants to read Wally West go pick up the last two issues of Snyder's JL because jeez louise it's about as bad as Johns' run for just pasting Barry's name on Wally's place in the JL. It's downright egregious, almost amusingly so.
    Nice. I will check it out. The closest well get to real Wally these days.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I think Bendis would kill it with Wally and Bart. With Barry, he puts too much Wally into it. Even gave him red hair too lol.
    "Ca Ca Poo Poo."

(Although I think that would be a dumb line even for Wally).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Ca Ca Poo Poo."

This would even be inappropriate for Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It is a nice surprise. But makes sense that Bendis cutesy talks works for Bart. Just not every single character that he writes . Which he writes in that voice.
    Don’t forget where one of his characters will just repeat something over & over!
    For example: “I’m Teen Lantern!”
    Action scene
    “Hey! Who is this?”
    “I’’m Teen Lantern”
    Scene where the others are talking and out of no where we get “I’m Teen Lantern”

S**T! WE KNOW!!!! STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Don’t forget where one of his characters will just repeat something over & over!
    Action scene
    “Hey! Who is this?”
    “I’’m Teen Lantern”
    Scene where the others are talking and out of no where we get “I’m Teen Lantern”

Bendis characters sure like to say their names or other characters' names a lot...

"Ca Ca Poo Poo."

Oh man. Pleas don't remind of that. Makes me cringe every time. I still can't believe a grown man wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Action scene
    “Hey! Who is this?”
    “I’’m Teen Lantern”

Haha!!!

That's actually not even his worst.

How about repeating names in the same scene.

"Hi I'm Teen Lantern."
    "Teen Lantern??"
    "Teen Lantern."
    "Teen Lantern? So is that like a thing now?"
    "Well I don't know but thats who i am. Teen Lantern."

Just so annoying and painful to read. And EVERYONE talks like this.

I can't wait until he writes the Joker.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

"Let's do something different..." Yeah. I did. I stopped buying new speedster books. [correction: new anything comics books]

Geoff John's 3rd series with Wally West. The one omnibus I didn't get despite it having Ignition in it.... because I didn't like any of the stories other than Ignition and I already had that as a separate trade I got at Amazon a decade ago. If it wasn't for the character of Hunter Zolomon I wouldn't have gotten any of the Geoff John's stories until Rebirth. Severely regret as is getting the first book of Brightest Day. (So very depressing. And gory.)

Wally West in another book: I'm with married here: Until the current people in control at DC are gone and new people without personal agendas which overrides good business sense come into play... I rather Wally be mothballed for now. My only issue there is that all this could happen and I might now know about it for God knows how long because without a good Wally West story in the near future I'm going to get even more bored checking out the DC forums. Goodness knows I rarely bother to check out the TV forum anymore and gave up on the Marvel and Independent (Titan Doctor Who series) quite awhile back.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

"Ca Ca Poo Poo."

"Um...?"
    You know, on second thought, I don't want to know. But thanks for the clue to avoid that author like the plague.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Comic Geek in General

Remember when he beat Mongul? Right after he mainlined the Speed Force......those where good times......

Or when Wally best a Elder God by speeding up the counter spells chemical reaction provided by Linda’s dead ex husband.......or when on their honeymoon Kobra kept on trying to cause havoc.......or the uneasy alliance between Flash and Cold........

I miss those days

DCeased #4 Variant...

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    DCeased #4 Variant...

At least it looks like they got Wally's eye colour right....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    At least it looks like they got Wally's eye colour right....
    Well, during the Silver Age Wally's eyes were blue.

A long time ago, Wally use to dye his hair brown so people wouldn't recognize him.

Silver Age
    Last edited by TheImperfectFlash; 05-18-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Well, during the Silver Age Wally's eyes were blue.

A long time ago, Wally use to dye his hair brown so people wouldn't recognize him.

Silver Age

Jay’s smiling in this photo because he’s about to commit mass murder on everyone connected to the speed force.....because of trauma and reasons.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!