Page 193 of 239 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3576
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I have to say I’m relieved.

Yes, it hurts to see Wally so depressed but there is so much more ... so much teasing :

You have fragments from Darkseid War, Multiversity, Sideways, even Rebirth, teasing big stuff. And I think the RetCon is on its way. You can “see” it in the last pages.

It’s definitely not what we wanted in the first place but I think it’s a good start and I really hope some of you will enjoy the ride.
    I'd like to have your same hope. I've lost it all and no Lobdell could never fix what Didio destroyed long time ago.
    I've read Heroes In Crisis and I can't do with Flash Forward, I had enough.
    Wally and other former Titans will maybe have their solace only when this editorial group will change. Till then I quit while mantaining an eye to the forum.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    OK, yeah. That's probably the LEAST Wally West sentence ever put to paper.
    Geez....
    Maybe, its meant to be. I mean it could be the trauma and ptsd.he did kill his close friends and a lot of heroes by accident . His costume might be a trigger . I haven't read the issue. Hopefully, this turns out to be a wally's journey from all the negativity in his life and world.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Guys, it's issue 1. It makes sense in continuity to start the book out with Wally like that. You can't expect them to fix everything in the first issue, it's clear this book is setting a lot of things up so just roll with the punches for now(Wally fans should be used to taking them anyway )

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Guys, it's issue 1. It makes sense in continuity to start the book out with Wally like that. You can't expect them to fix everything in the first issue
    Couldn’t agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Rend20 is right!
    It's from #151, which came right before the Dark Flash storyline. I remember being bummed at the time that it wasn't written by Waid, but it was a great little fill-in issue before the next big story.
    I actually just got to this while rereading the series. I really don't remember much from that time period, as I only read those issues once when I first bought them. This was a fun little fill in issue.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Guys, it's issue 1. It makes sense in continuity to start the book out with Wally like that. You can't expect them to fix everything in the first issue, it's clear this book is setting a lot of things up so just roll with the punches for now(Wally fans should be used to taking them anyway )
    While what you are saying makes some sense in this situation it's just all and the only thing I and and all Wally fans have been hearing since he came back.

"Don't worry. I know they put Wally at his lowest but it's just to build him up. You need to start at the bottom. Things will get better."

Guess what? Over three years later not only have things not gotten better through the many, many downs, but things have just gotten worse and worse, even when it looked like it couldn't get worse DC found a way.

Through no one remembering him when Wally first came back, not having his previous life, losing Linda, heart attack, dying again, losing the Titans, finding out about his family and not getting them back, HIC ect.

So forgive me if I'm tired of hearing this same rhetoric over and over and seeing the same negative result and no longer expecting to be any different then the ALL the last times.

The only thing I might get from this series is some cool Wally art. Maybe.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

People are complaining about some things that Lobdell can't magically fix, even if he wanted. No one liked, but Heroes in Crisis happened and he had to deal with that mess. They can't instantly bring back that old Wally, unfortunately.

I kinda liked the first issue, except the costant flashbacks to the Sanctuary. Like Wally, i want to forget that sh*t.

As mentioned above, I'm rereading Wally's run of the Flash from the 80s through early 00s, which I already own entirely in single issues, up to its first cancellation, including annuals and related specials.

In light of what I've read in this thread, I'll continue to ignore everything Wally has appeared in since his series ended in 2004. If I'm ever looking for more Wally West stories to read, there are still plenty of stories from before Crisis that I can go hunt down. That would be the original Crisis, back when Barry died and Wally was still Kid Flash.

Really, we don't need new stories from all of our favorite characters. Wally had an almost 20 year run as Flash, and plenty of Kid Flash stories, both in the pages of Flash and various Titans books before then. I'm perfectly content rereading those once in a while, and not holding my breath waiting for DC to stop screwing up, which we all know isn't going to happen any time soon. It's like my favorite TV shows that are over. I loved Babylon 5, but I'm not clamoring for reboots or sequels - I'll just rewatch the original DVDs every few years and enjoy what made it great in the first place.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I have to say I’m relieved.

Yes, it hurts to see Wally so depressed but there is so much more ... so much teasing :

You have fragments from Darkseid War, Multiversity, Sideways, even Rebirth, teasing big stuff. And I think the RetCon is on its way. You can “see” it in the last pages.

It’s definitely not what we wanted in the first place but I think it’s a good start and I really hope some of you will enjoy the ride.
    Yeap, It was a good issue, There are many familiar faces, Tempus, President Superman,etc, And it even trying to tell readers where Metron chair goes after Darskeid War, Though I don't see there is any indication it will retcon HIC........ But Still it is worth reading
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Yeap, It was a good issue, There are many familiar faces, Tempus, President Superman,etc, And it even trying to tell readers where Metron chair goes after Darskeid War, Though I don't see there is any indication it will retcon HIC........ But Still it is worth reading
    It already retconned the “deep” “Harley hates Pudding” reveal- she has a whole bag in the fridge
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Fromper View Post
    As mentioned above, I'm rereading Wally's run of the Flash from the 80s through early 00s, which I already own entirely in single issues, up to its first cancellation, including annuals and related specials.

In light of what I've read in this thread, I'll continue to ignore everything Wally has appeared in since his series ended in 2004. If I'm ever looking for more Wally West stories to read, there are still plenty of stories from before Crisis that I can go hunt down. That would be the original Crisis, back when Barry died and Wally was still Kid Flash.

Really, we don't need new stories from all of our favorite characters. Wally had an almost 20 year run as Flash, and plenty of Kid Flash stories, both in the pages of Flash and various Titans books before then. I'm perfectly content rereading those once in a while, and not holding my breath waiting for DC to stop screwing up, which we all know isn't going to happen any time soon. It's like my favorite TV shows that are over. I loved Babylon 5, but I'm not clamoring for reboots or sequels - I'll just rewatch the original DVDs every few years and enjoy what made it great in the first place.
    I think.this is a good attitude and mind set and am doing the same.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    Though I don't see there is any indication it will retcon HIC
    Well, at the end you can that Wally’s Speed Force seems to be infected by the Dark Multiverse. The Dark Multiverse could be what triggered the explosion in HiC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEuvQu1X...pg&name=medium

Quote Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

I actually just did the same re-read earlier this year. It helped reinforce my belief that in an industry that hates when their characters get older or heaven forbid get married, Wally zigs when everybody else zags. His evolution from jerkass new kid on the block during those early Baron issues to the mature/confident family-oriented hero of the later Waid and Johns stuff is one of the best long-form character arcs in comics.

Soooo Linda implied the fact that those deaths were an accident means they can sway the public to his side...which would be logical if it weren't for the small detail of him defiling the bodies in order to frame two innocent people. You know...the main reason he should be behind bars...

OK I just read it and Im very torn.

On one hand it has way too much of the terrible HIC in it. I mean I knew it was going to be in there a bit because it has to but they really went deep into it the whole issue and emphasized it a lot and I really despise it and would rather ignore it as much as possible and almost pretend it never happened.

On the other hand the art is great. Brett Booth did a fantastic job. As well as the writing, putting aside the material , Lodbell did an amazing job. It really feels like Wally West which since Rebirth has been a hit or miss.

As well as on the flip side of the major negative of it being very focused on HIC, Lodbell actually does a good job showing Wally dealing with it. I can totally see the real Wally thinking these thoughts and reacting to those events this way. Unlike King in HIC where it NEVER felt like Wally in any way through out, putting aside the weird situation and just concentrating on how Wally would actually react to it.

If Wally would have been written like this in HIC despite the terrible editorial mandate of sticking Wally in that situation I would have been a lot more OK with it.

P.S. A few more positives. Putting Wally aside the actual story with the dark multiverse infection, showing that Thanagaranian and the Mobius chair is very inetersting. So once again credit to Scott Lobdell.

And lastly despite the horrible circumstances it felt really, really good to actually read a solo Wally West comic. Been way too long.