Page 164 of 239 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Spanish Flash Comics... lol?

LOL suggested it (jokingly) for Wally's new name way back - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post2050091

Most Spanish know him as "Flash", this was only Argentina, (and even then for only a brief run in the 90s) where apparently there was already significant tabloid magazine there called "Flash" (as in a photos of stars and news "flash!") , so it was unavailable. They were just looking for a similar sounding onomatopoeia, for something going by fast (probably fwoosh would have been better LOL!) , the word is otherwise pretty meaningless in Spanish.
    Unfortunately in English not so much LOL! Of course nobody assumes the rush of emotion and reddening of the face, or the poker hand, unbeknownst to them in English we all hear that one sound, and action... LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-16-2019 at 05:42 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I truly hope that Heroes in Crisis is quickly and quietly swept under the rug and forgotten forever.
    I've said this in other places and I'll keep saying it. I think DC was already in the process of getting as far away from the story as soon it started heading south. Everything that should've been tied to HiC and it's fall out was cancelled or had a story remove it from the field. Titans was cancelled, Nightwing got amnesia, Green Arrow did what one mention moved on then cancelled by the time the whole thing was done, and The Flash immediately went on to tell Year One the one place where it absolutely should've had fall out and the title locks itself in a story line that in noway can connect to HiC, and finally the Wally West book let's be honest should've been announced either the same day or the week after HiC wrapped not weeks later. DC is booking it as fast as they can away from this story.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    I've said this in other places and I'll keep saying it. I think DC was already in the process of getting as far away from the story as soon it started heading south. Everything that should've been tied to HiC and it's fall out was cancelled or had a story remove it from the field. Titans was cancelled, Nightwing got amnesia, Green Arrow did what one mention moved on then cancelled by the time the whole thing was done, and The Flash immediately went on to tell Year One the one place where it absolutely should've had fall out and the title locks itself in a story line that in noway can connect to HiC, and finally the Wally West book let's be honest should've been announced either the same day or the week after HiC wrapped not weeks later. DC is booking it as fast as they can away from this story.
    I truly hope so.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Well, I mean, what else was there to rob? We've seen all Wally's specific villains fighting Barry in one medium or another, we've seen Barry beig the one that discovered and theorized the most about the Speed Force, we've seen a Barry clone with Green eyes, we've seen him blowing stuff up with his vibrations, we've seen the "My name is X, and I'm the fastest man alive", ****, we've seen him date Linda Park.

Of course he'd end up appropriating the coolest version of the uniform.
    I think we need a specific list of what Barry has taken from Wally.
    Complaining in an appreciation thread won't help. We need an article with hard evidence that we could show and tell to everyone.

lol I just finished reading Heroes in Crisis... it was awful! I recently came back to reading DC and I found out that Roy died and I was all, “Oh no, well... boy does that sucks.” I had no idea this happened to Wally! This is terrible! And his family... like everything that happened to this character during my break from DC seems to be bad. I am so hoping they actually do sweep this under the rug.

Someone over on the MMW forum found on PRH's site an upcoming collection for Wally! I'm excited for this, since I've been collecting Waid's run and have been told if I could find individual issues to check out some Pre-Waid Wally issues.
    http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781401299576
    The Flash: Savage Velocity
    Written by Mike Baron
    Paperback
    $39.99 US
    On sale Mar 31, 2020 | 480 Pages | 978-1-4012-9957-6
    Collects The Flash issues #1-18 and Flash Annual #1

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    Someone over on the MMW forum found on PRH's site an upcoming collection for Wally! I'm excited for this, since I've been collecting Waid's run and have been told if I could find individual issues to check out some Pre-Waid Wally issues.
    Wow! That's cool! Never thought they'd collect those issues.

Mighty Member

Hmmm. Those issues go beyond Baron's initial run and seem to be collected the full arc with Vandal Savage. Does that mean they aren't going to bother with naming these volumes based on the writer or are they only planning on doing one?
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Whoa, I never thought we'd see a collection of any of the Baron/Messner-Loebs stuff. That's awesome. Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed that DC actually prints it.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Whoa, I never thought we'd see a collection of any of the Baron/Messner-Loebs stuff. That's awesome. Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed that DC actually prints it.
    Unfortunately, considering DC's track record with collections of older material of late (PAD's Young Justice and Supergirl, Kesel's Superboy, Waid's Impulse, Sandman Mystery Theatre, the Spectre, new printings of Hitman and Starman) I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Unfortunately, considering DC's track record with collections of older material of late (PAD's Young Justice and Supergirl, Kesel's Superboy, Waid's Impulse, Sandman Mystery Theatre, the Spectre, new printings of Hitman and Starman) I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I know they started on some of those, but they've stopped cold turkey? Like with PAD's stuff?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I don't like this.

Honestly,coming back to print with the Baron stuff at the same time that Wally is at the state he's ion is suspect, to say the least.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

I think it's great that the start of the Wally West Flash series is finally getting a collected edition. I hope it sells well enough for them to do Messner-Loebs' run next (could fit into 3 volumes).

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I think we need a specific list of what Barry has taken from Wally.
    Complaining in an appreciation thread won't help. We need an article with hard evidence that we could show and tell to everyone.
    Jeez, where to start.....

Let's start with the main ones.

The Speed Force - introduced during Waid's Wally West original run. Revealed as the source of speedster's power, Wally became the one who came to understand it most. Barry is a scientist. He looks at things from a logical point of view. There was nothing EVER logical about the Speed Force. Yet, now miraculously, Barry is the source of the whole thing!! An absurd retcon, done solely to diminish Wally West as the Flash and bolster Barry Allen to both character's detriment.

The look - Barry's costume is a classic. DECADES ahead of it's time, Carmine Infantino was a genius. When Wally eventually stepped out of Barry's shadow, he adopted a costume with the slight tweak to the belt and boots. This costume has now been taken by Barry, and Wally given a costume that brings him back to his Kid Flash look.

The personality - Since the New 52, I'm not sure who this bloke calling himself Barry Allen is, but it sure as hell ain't Barry Allen. If you were reading JLA there are times where you would SWEAR you were reading Wally West.

The TV show - I really love this show. I think it's great and hope it runs for another few seasons. But AGAIN, the Barry Allen character is portrayed SO much like Wally it's obscene. The Rogues he battles and relationships are ALL Wally! (Think Captain Cold - grudging respect or even MORE blatant - friends with Piper) Blaquesmith, King Shark, Blackout, Peek A Boo, Zoom, Savitar, Girder - ALL Wally West rogues!! (OK, King Shark was a Superboy villian) For God's sake LINDA PARK appeared as a love interest!!!

The ONLY thing left for DC to take away from Wally West is the Flash name - and I'm fully expecting that to happen shortly.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.