Page 163 of 239 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3576
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    He's not being written as an incorruptible hero, that's what makes it compelling.
    There was nothing in that storyline that was 'compelling'.
    Wally West was so far out of character is was jarring. The plot was nonsensical. The plot holes HUGE and numerous.
    And the writer himself admitted the story was already written and the characters were chosen for him by Dan Didio after the fact.
    Even is they'd used a different character, it was still a god awful, poorly constructed story.
    While I'm with you when you say we need to just go with the flow, things will eventually turn, I am in no way OK with the straight character assassination of Wally West.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Spanish Flash Comics... lol?

Cool. I like the text in the box corner. "My name is Wally West..."

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm called the Flush Man at home, but probably for a very different reason......
    LOL!!!
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

A comment in the Jay thread got me thinking.

What if you made the three main Flashs, Jay Barry and Wally, have different origins and different sources of their powers. They would all still be called the Flash and have super speed as their primary power but their source of their powers and origin would give them.their own unique themes.

Jay His look is modeled after Hermes so run with that. (Pun not intended ) He got his powers from the Greek or Roman diety and his powers come from them and are magic based. Hard water gas giving him super speed is kinda strange but you could work.it that that made him lose unconsciousness and from there had a meeting with Hermes. You can even have it similar to his close buddy Alan Scott in that although they have similar names to their counterparts their powers come from magic based sources.
    Jays theme is ancient magic. Borrowing some thematic elements from wonder woman and hawkman.

Barry His powers have no supernatural base. He is not connected to the speed force. His origin and power source is exactly how it was originally. Purely a freak accident and based on science. His mind set is firmly set in this. He views his powers and deals with them strictly through science and logic with his Flash facts.
    Barry's theme is science and cold hard facts. He fights science based villains like the rouges.

Wally Wally gets his powers from the speed force. Fitting as it came out originally through him. He still got his powers through a bolt of lightning but there were no chemicals involved and no lab. It was because it was his destiny and he was chosen. It was his is dream.to always be a hero and his wish fullfillment as well. His powers are spiritual. He uses his powers based mostly on gut and intuition and relies on his emotion.
    Wally's theme is spirituality, emotion and instinct. Being connected to something higher with a higher purpose.

Some of these changes are drastic but I think some are just leaning heavily into the already existing distintions which is great for defining them. The differences between.them.could also roll into their costumes and how they use their powers as well as their villains.

Maybe this would work better as an elseworld but just a thought.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

He's not being written as an incorruptible hero, that's what makes it compelling.
    Of all heroes to wave the "he's too perfect" flag for, Wally West is not one of them. Dude is as well developed and layered a character as they come. This is not one of those layers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So are you implying that by being "non picky" you are somehow better than other readers who voice negative opinions?

People keep saying be patient and things will be better. They say that with Wally, with Dick, with the Titans, with the JSA, with the LoSH, and so many more. We shouldn't have to wait damn near a decade or any number of years for DC to put effort into their own properties.
    No I'm not saying I'm better I'm just saying go with the flow. These characters always come and go. Wally was gone during Flashpoint (with a black replacement) and in 2016 he came back and now he gets his own mini series. Be happy for what you get and hope for the best.

Mighty Member

and also you mention LOSH, they're back now too.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    A comment in the Jay thread got me thinking.

What if you made the three main Flashs, Jay Barry and Wally, have different origins and different sources of their powers. They would all still be called the Flash and have super speed as their primary power but their source of their powers and origin would give them.their own unique themes.

We got that Jay in DC52's Earth2 (which was good until the original writer left it.)
    Would love to read such an elseworld IF all three were done justice to.

Given how the 75th Flash Anniversary book came out a few years back.... not hopeful. (In case you don't recall, nearly all the stories were Barry's with just a sprinkling of other Flash's.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    We got that Jay in DC52's Earth2 (which was good until the original writer left it.)

Given how the 75th Flash Anniversary book came out a few years back.... not hopeful. (In case you don't recall, nearly all the stories were Barry's with just a sprinkling of other Flash's.)
    Yeah... During the "Celebration of 75 years of The Flash" they basically only honored Barry both in all the variants and in the anniversary collection.

Jay and Wally only showed up in homage covers to Flash of Two Worlds and Teen Titans.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

No I'm not saying I'm better I'm just saying go with the flow. These characters always come and go. Wally was gone during Flashpoint (with a black replacement) and in 2016 he came back and now he gets his own mini series. Be happy for what you get and hope for the best.
    No, they don't. Wally, dick.. Etc have been staple characters since their inception. Even in original New52 direction there was a wally west kid flash, as you said. We don't have to settle for nonsense. If we did, then original wally wouldn't have returned.Feedbacks are important. Why should i or anyone pretend to be happy reading their favourite characters dragged through the mud? If sales gets impacted DC will get the message.This is a forum dedicated for discussion, part of the discussion includes frustration and dissatisfaction of readers regarding the direction of a particular character.
    It is my honest opinion that stories and directions with wally west can be leagues better. So, i voice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post

Yes that is true. But I believe it was only one page where they showed Hermes. It was the last page of the issue and he was gone by the next issue. I was intrigued by the idea and wish they explored it more.

My idea is to really delve into it and have it have a major effect on all aspects of Jay and be an ongoing theme. Earth 2 new 52 didn't really have it impact Jay in any other ways. Plus although he got his power through Hermes they changed his costume and he didn't look like him so what was the point?

I didn't check out that 75 anniversary book but I'm sure it only had Barry. The one and only Flash that actually matters. What else do you expect with this editorial?

I didn't check out that 75 anniversary book but I'm sure it only had Barry. The one and only Flash that actually matters. What else do you expect with this editorial?
    I think a good middle portion of it was Wally stuff before ending on both Flash Rebirths (and maybe one issue of the Manapul/Buccelato New 52 run).

They even had the first issue of Bart's run, which surprised the heck out of me.

Mighty Member

There was Barry, but there was also a bunch of Jay and every key era of Wally as the main Flash was represented too, Baron, Messner-Loebs, Waid, and Johns. Bart's first issue as Flash too. It was a pretty good representation of the history of the Flash.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    There was Barry, but there was also a bunch of Jay and every key era of Wally as the main Flash was represented too, Baron, Messner-Loebs, Waid, and Johns. Bart's first issue as Flash too. It was a pretty good representation of the history of the Flash.
    They also had his debut as Kid Flash and I think another story with Barry and Wally together before doing one last Barry story and then getting into Wally's era.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They also had his debut as Kid Flash and I think another story with Barry and Wally together before doing one last Barry story and then getting into Wally's era.
    Flash of Two Worlds was definitely in there, as was the Death of Iris Allen and Barry's death in Crisis.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    By my count, 13 to 9, Barry to everyone else. Admittedly, Bart barely counts, but that's still not that great a look. 4 for Wally, 4 for Jay, 1 for Bart.

And maybe you think, hey, Flash of Two Worlds and Meet Kid Flash kind of sort of count for Jay and Wally too -- I'd disagree, but I could see you make that point -- but then Secret Origins Annual #2 and Rogue War #5 out of Wally's piddling 4 comics count for Barry, likewise. Hell Secret Origins Annual #2 is more a Barry book than Wally. Should've just done Flash #64 if you wanted to include an actual Wally comic. That's all 20 years and a defining run gets you, 4 out of 21 and half of them are just as much about Barry. The other Flashes exist to team up with Barry in this "Celebration" more than they do on their own merits. At least Jay's section is actually about Jay because Barry didn't exist yet, thank goodness.
    Last edited by Dred; 07-16-2019 at 06:02 PM.