Page 150 of 239 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Then what's the point of being a teacher??
    Of ANY comic character I can think of, Barry is the one that strikes me as taking enormous pride that his protege has surpassed him. All those Flash Facts sunk in!
    Stuff like this is what make Barry seem 'off' to me since his return. Barry from pre Crisis wouldn't care about being the fastest. That's childish. He'd care about having the power to HELP PEOPLE.
    And if his nephew was a pico second or two faster, who cares? He'd be chuffed Wally had matured into such a great man AND hero carrying the Flash legacy.
    BOOM! Couldn't have said it any better & I completely agree!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Williamson has said multiple times that the endgame goal to the Force Quest stuff he has going on is to once again reestablish Barry as the Fastest Man Alive after he "lost" the title to Wally in Flash War. No more student surpassing the master in this industry.
    And here I was perfectly content to have Barry and Wally of equal speed. *sigh*

What is with the line "...called himself Flash." Like he doesn't anymore? Is this DC Editorial hinting that not only are they going to make him slower (after totally twisting his personality), but give him some as-yet-unknown-lame new title as well?

I dunno if I can actually bring myself to read Rebirth again. It's going to be too painful.... all that fresh HOPE for DC comics thrown down into the sewer. Better to play it safe and stop reading anything after Ignition. (After that was bad things like villain-centric stories and Countdowns, and lost limbs...)

On Kil%gre, I know it showed up in more modern times.... wasn't he in a story just before DC52 and also something really recent? I swear I came across the character this year in a new story somewhere.

Edit: Oh, for the love of... I did a search on the name in DuckDuckGo and got a bunch of references to a version of the villain in the TV Show. From what little I read....so glad I stopped watching that the moment Barry kissed Linda Park.
    Last edited by Kyer; 06-23-2019 at 06:40 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

"Mark Waid Tells Us Why He Loves The Flash"

I focused onto Wally that made him unique was that he was the very first sidekick in comics to ever fulfill the promise. Right? That’s a line I took from editor Brian Augustyn, but that’s exactly it. Bucky didn’t grow up to be, at least at that time, this is 1992, Bucky didn’t grow up to be Captain America. Nightwing didn’t grow up to be, Robin didn’t grow up to be Batman, you know. Toro didn’t grow up to be the Human Torch, but Kid Flash grew up to be The Flash.

Playing off that, it was really a subtle nod to the idea that in a way he and I shared this commonality of, all I ever wanted to do growing up was be part of comics. I didn’t know whether I was going to be a write or what, but I wanted to be a part of comics. All Wally ever wanted to be since he was old enough to know what he wanted to be was a superhero. That’s it. That made him also fairly unique among superheroes that he grew up like a child star almost. Like one of these child star’s whose parents are, you know-

The best Flash. Here’s the thing, I never sat down at the keyboard and said, All right, what am I going to do this month to show him outpacing Barry, or show him in a way that makes Barry look like a dope. That was never the intent, and in fact that kind of grew out of the way Wally attracts me. It came out of the way the stories were told. It was never an objective to make Wally even cooler than Barry. Some of it just comes from the fact that, with all due respect to Barry Allen, Wally West just is cooler because he’s funnier, and he’s wittier. Barry, for all I love Barry, Barry is still like your uptight uncle.
    Last edited by TheImperfectFlash; 06-23-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

I always find that last line a little funny because Waid, in all his time writing Barry, never made up come off as uptight. Dude was always wise, down to Earth, and supportive. Maybe he just meant straight laced or whatever, but still. Barry in Chain Lightning, BATB, JLA Year One, and Iris' recollection of him never suited uptight.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I always find that last line a little funny because Waid, in all his time writing Barry, never made up come off as uptight. Dude was always wise, down to Earth, and supportive. Maybe he just meant straight laced or whatever, but still. Barry in Chain Lightning, BATB, JLA Year One, and Iris' recollection of him never suited uptight.
    I thought Waid wrote a great Barry! His JLA Year 1 and Flash/GL: Brave & The Bold are damn near note perfect to me.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I always loved when Waid or Johns were bringing back Barry. It felt like bringing back THE big gun and yet, it was never disrespectful for Wally.

Scott Lobdell wants to write a Wally West ongoing :

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demonpupp...38971196014592
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 06-24-2019 at 03:24 AM.

Please no. Not with them. A mini with these old “Marvel style” guys is bad enough. New 52 TT sucked, Rebirth Titans sucked, Ric sucked. Enough with these old school, out of touch, creators whose creative relevancy peaked decades ago. Everywhere they go they leave the character or characters worse off. It’s just boring at this point.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-24-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

It's not like new guys have had a better track record. Tom King screwed up the character even more and he was not one of these old school people.

Astonishing Member

Of ANY comic character I can think of, Barry is the one that strikes me as taking enormous pride that his protege has surpassed him. All those Flash Facts sunk in!
    Stuff like this is what make Barry seem 'off' to me since his return. Barry from pre Crisis wouldn't care about being the fastest. That's childish.
    That's absolutely not the story that's being told.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I always loved when Waid or Johns were bringing back Barry. It felt like bringing back THE big gun and yet, it was never disrespectful for Wally.

Scott Lobdell wants to write a Wally West ongoing :

https://mobile.twitter.com/Demonpupp...38971196014592
    Let's wait and see how the mini does...

Stuff like this is what make Barry seem 'off' to me since his return. Barry from pre Crisis wouldn't care about being the fastest. That's childish. He'd care about having the power to HELP PEOPLE.
    And if his nephew was a pico second or two faster, who cares? He'd be chuffed Wally had matured into such a great man AND hero carrying the Flash legacy.
    Exactly right. It would never be a competition between the two of them, just mutual respect and affirmation.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

It was Mark Waid's writing of Barry that made me love Barry without even reading a single story of Barry's alone. I figured if Wally loved this guy so much he must have been awesome, so I bought stuff like Brave & the Bold and JLA: Year One... Loved it. Made me totally eager for the soon to be Flash: Rebirth.

"..."
    (yeah.)

Anyway, I totally see Barry as being proud as punch that his 'son' outpaced him if even just a little. That's what guardians are supposed to feel. If there is any jealously it should be way, way, behind the pride.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    That's absolutely not the story that's being told.
    REALLY??
    Williamson has made it quite clear that Barry will 'be the fastest man alive again' several times.
    The last years worth of issues has Barry stating "I USED to be the fastest man alive".
    How is this absolutely not the story being told??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Exactly right. It would never be a competition between the two of them, just mutual respect and affirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Anyway, I totally see Barry as being proud as punch that his 'son' outpaced him if even just a little. That's what guardians are supposed to feel. If there is any jealously it should be way, way, behind the pride.
    REALLY??
    Williamson has made it quite clear that Barry will 'be the fastest man alive again' several times.
    The last years worth of issues has Barry stating "I USED to be the fastest man alive".
    How is this absolutely not the story being told??
    He's not trying to one-up Wally. That's not the story.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

2019-06-25 09.36.50.jpg

Lol. Nice one Barry.

Ironic though since the Flash family has been destroyed and there can't even be another speedster around except for Barry. Even a long established one like Wally.

So a nice thought but good luck with that with today's editorial dunderheads.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake