Page 141 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    This is a possibility. But there is also the fact that they can make a lot of money by cleaning the mess they created.
    This. And who knows it could turn out to be a pleasant surprise. I’m at least giving the first couple issues a chance.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    And who knows it could turn out to be a pleasant surprise. I’m at least giving the first couple issues a chance.
    Same here. I'm tired of complaining and if this mini give me six month where I open a comic book without being totally depressed by what I'm reading, then it's great.

Also, we should remember that Booth is the guy who literally asked people to boycott DC during the HiC debacle. If he's on board, I want to believe this is for a good reason.

Same here. I'm tired of complaining and if this mini give me six month where I open a comic book without being totally depressed by what I'm reading, then it's great.

Also, we should remember that Booth is the guy who literally asked people to boycott DC during the HiC debacle. If he's on board, I want to believe this is for a good reason.
    September is going to be great! I’m getting a Wally mini AND the return of the JSA. Time will tell if this will be a disappointment and the current leadership team at DC has a hell of a lot to prove!
    However, for now this is exciting news. I even had to bring my Jay avatar back.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 06-12-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I’m not being negative, hell I actually tweeted a reply to Booth and got a Response, I just dont want to get my hopes up
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    I’m not being negative, hell I actually tweeted a reply to Booth and got a Response, I just dont want to get my hopes up
    Trust me, I understand. Since the Bleeding Cool leaks, this year has been awful. I've been reading DC comics for 21 years and my pull list has never been shorter and I'm not sure my passion for comics could survive another blow. So I really hope that DC won't screw up everything because this might be the last time I give them my money.

Trust me, I understand. Since the Bleeding Cool leaks, this year has been awful. I've been reading DC comics for 21 years and my pull list has never been shorter and I'm not sure my passion for comics could survive another blow. So I really hope that DC won't screw up everything because this might be the last time I give them my money.
    The Funny Part is I actually tweeted teh Hawkeye “Dont give me hope” meme to him which got a Like and then mentioned that the book launches 3 days after my birthday which got an “All for You.”
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Incredible Member

I've post this else where but I'll post it here as well. This new book really really depends on everyones attitude going in. If it's Scott who did Red Hood and The Outlaws Rebirth great, if it's Ric New 52 Teen Titans Scott we're screwed.

As far as Booth is concerned, meh, he's an avid fan of Wallys I remember back during the New 52 he was one of the few artists openly wanting him back and had re-design what he saw as a New 52 cosutme and everything. He wants to be there and working on the title so I'm all for it. And reading the post that Deniarc is talking about, his response of it being the plan to untangle the mess is well hopeful. He also said Friday is an interview I notice so we'll get something even if PR speak then.

The same writer writing two of my fav characters?
    On one hand, yes he has a good grasp on Jason’s character.
    On the other hand, I highly doubt I can say the same regarding Wally. This will be interesting. I’ll be checking out the first arc I guess.

Astonishing Member

It's not really a first arc. It's a 6 issue mini. There's just the one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's not really a first arc. It's a 6 issue mini. There's just the one.
    It'll probably get extended if the reception is good. Then again, I have little faith in Lobdell to do something right and no faith in the editorial to keep the comic going if it somehow manages to be good.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    It'll probably get extended if the reception is good. Then again, I have little faith in Lobdell to do something right and no faith in the editorial to keep the comic going if it somehow manages to be good.
    Yeah, it's pretty much sabotaged from the off by having such an underwhelming creative team on it. I'm sure that Booth, at least, has good intentions here but he and Lobdell aren't just not much of a draw but they're likely to actually turn people who may have been interested in the book away. It's having that effect on me and I'm a diehard Wally West fan. How would this play with people who are, at best, only casually acquainted with the character?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

This is the equivalent of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl mini that DC gave to Beechen after they ruined the character.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    And if it fails, they'll use it as evidence that Wally isn't "popular".

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    This is the equivalent of the Cassandra Cain Batgirl mini that DC gave to Beechen after they ruined the character.
    Pretty much, it feels beat for beat the same.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The comparison seems apt.
    And if it fails, they'll use it as evidence that Wally isn't "popular".
    Say it with the chorus "Monkey's Paw!"

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Hey guys, remembered when I posted this?

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    ]What they'll do is make the goddamn Flash a traumatized murderer, act all confused when it doesn't sell, and, when questioned about, go: "well, we tried to do something with him and you guys hated, so we'll let him rest for a while"

Seriously, if you look around you can find this exact line said by Berganza about Cass Cain, after the second time they gave her to Beechen.

Typical DC bullshit.
    Let's all hose it doesn't age well.

(It probably will, though. )
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!