Page 158 of 239 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Young Justice: Outsiders (Spoilers)

spoilers:
    They are determined to push Artemis & Will...
    end of spoilers
    Well they still find a way to spit in wally's face(man DC hates him).

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

This is so wrong on so many levels ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Which would inevitably mean Barry getting less star status which would turn Barry fans against the idea. You see it quite often, the idea that Barry deserves more and Wally should have even less. Think what happens when ANY of that favor goes the other way. Vice versa, too, though there's only a scant couple of things left to take from Wally anyhow so it's not as obvious.
    I don't think it necessarily has to infringe on Barry's "star status." It just depends how you handle it.

Astonishing Member

The only person who wanted to balance the two was Johns and DC screwed up those plans with the reboot. And current day DC is only interested in promoting Barry and stiffing Wally. There is no way around it: it's either Barry or Wally. You can't have both.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think it necessarily has to infringe on Barry's "star status." It just depends how you handle it.
    Go back a year to Flash War and try to remember how pissy most hardcore Barry fans were because of the simple reveal that Wally was faster.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The only person who wanted to balance the two was Johns and DC screwed up those plans with the reboot.
    I have my doubts: if he wanted to balance both, Flash Rebirth would not be what it was. At most he wanted to give Wally some crumbs.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I have my doubts: if he wanted to balance both, Flash Rebirth would not be what it was. At most he wanted to give Wally some crumbs.
    He had wanted Barry and Wally to share the Flash book (with a Wally side done by Kolins).

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/4586166202

Then when that fell through he had wanted another Flash book with Wally and Bart.

He has consistently wanted Wally to get some of the limelight post-Flash Rebirth.

Mighty Member

Hope Wally gets better DC. Poor boy suffered enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    He had wanted Barry and Wally to share the Flash book (with a Wally side done by Kolins).

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/4586166202

Then when that fell through he had wanted another Flash book with Wally and Bart.

He has consistently wanted Wally to get some of the limelight post-Flash Rebirth.
    Yeah, I know all of that. There's absolutely nothing to indicate that Wally would be more than a glorified sidekick in his take, though. As I said, crumbs.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 07-03-2019 at 07:53 PM.

I think if Johns had gotten his way Wally would, for the most part, be treated as Barry's equal. He was the one who wrote Barry saying they were both The Flash after all.

Johns actually had a pretty good track record with respect to Wally, up until Flash Rebirth happened. And even there, I think the intent was to do with Flash what he did with Green Lantern: bring back the dead Silver Age hero, but without sidelining the newer hero who had replaced him.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Astonishing Member

Wally was never going to be Barry's equal. They literally kicked him out of the Justice League for Barry's return. Not even Johns had him as an equal. The core premise of the Flash Rebirth story is that Barry is more important and better than the rest of the Flash family. Johns directly compared what was going to happen with Wally with what happened to Kyle Rayner. Any Kyle Rayner fan will laugh if you consider that being "equal." Wally just, amazingly, got it far far worse than even Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if Johns had gotten his way Wally would, for the most part, be treated as Barry's equal. He was the one who wrote Barry saying they were both The Flash after all.
    Yeah, he had Barry saying it because his mere presence made Wally go all "oh, I guess I'm, like, not THE Flash, right? I'm like the Nightwing to BARRY ALLEN, CREATOR AND ENGINE AND SOURCE OF THE SPEEDFORCE`S Batman".

Nah, they wouldn't be equals. They wouldn't even be in the same league, as the very conncepts in which Flash Rebirth were built upon not only made that impossible, but were designed to make that impossible even retroactively.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, he had Barry saying it because his mere presence made Wally go all "oh, I guess I'm, like, not THE Flash, right? I'm like the Nightwing to BARRY ALLEN, CREATOR AND ENGINE AND SOURCE OF THE SPEEDFORCE`S Batman".
    I mean, I think that line was Wally just having fun with a reference to Dick and figuring out his new dynamic with Barry. Barry's line I think sumps up Johns' stance on it (that they're equals).
    Nah, they wouldn't be equals. They wouldn't even be in the same league, as the very conncepts in which Flash Rebirth were built upon not only made that impossible, but were designed to make that impossible even retroactively.
    I think it's entirely possible Johns would have tried to walk back on some Flash Rebirth elements (not the dead mom/imprisoned dad aspect, since he seems so gung-ho about it) if only because he doesn't seem to view it as fondly as his other stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally was never going to be Barry's equal. They literally kicked him out of the Justice League for Barry's return. Not even Johns had him as an equal. The core premise of the Flash Rebirth story is that Barry is more important and better than the rest of the Flash family. Johns directly compared what was going to happen with Wally with what happened to Kyle Rayner. Any Kyle Rayner fan will laugh if you consider that being "equal." Wally just, amazingly, got it far far worse than even Kyle.
    Kyle could definitely have had it a lot worse then he got after GL: Rebirth.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The fact of the matter is, DC COULD unscrew the pooch if it chooses to in regards to Wally.
    The million dollar question is, will they ever decide to do so?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.