Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
Panel at SDCC with King and Gerards.

https://www.cbr.com/sdcc-tom-king-ba...acle-catwoman/

"I'm fucking sorry for what you're about to hear," King said to kick things off.

Ok then. I'm sorry I've read most of what you've written so I'm used to it.

Regarding Heroes in Crisis, King said, "People fucking hated it so much. I've never written something someone hated so much. But I love it. I think I got the message I wanted to get across. I think, killing Wally, it was a tough hill for people to climb."

Glad he knows and admits how much people "hated" it. Though I think he's in denial why or that he's at fault.
"But I loved it". Didn't realize you were writing consumer products for your own enjoyment. Not sure you know how this is supposed to work.
What message? That everything sucks and is depressing.

"It all made sense," Gerads added. "When bad things happen to characters, it's earned, in a way. Everything led to that moment and it had to be that. That's the point of that story -- when you break, you do it out of character. You don't break in character."

So when "bad" things, his family is missing, happens these superhero's should all break down? At least he admits it was out of character. "You don't break in character." Yup.

"Wally was my Flash growing up," King continued. "He was the Peter Parker of the DCU. It was tough on him because it was like the symbol of Rebirth killing people. First of all, Wally doesn't murder anyone, that doesn't happen. There's heroism in being vulnerable. To always say I'm strong is not to be strong, it's to be arrogant."

But you did make him murder people. So...shock value? So covering up the murders and framing others is being vulnerable?

Eza then asked how King feels about doing shorter story arcs, such as "Rooftops."

"You go back and read Alan Moore's stories in he does more in three pages than most people do in 30," he said. "So yeah, I like doing short stories."

So now your Alan Moore? lol. ok buddy.

The next fan asked what King and Gerads would be doing if they weren't in comics.

In response, King revealed that Gerads used to design cereal boxes, including the Cinnamon Toast Crunch box featuring anthropomorphic pieces of cereal jumping into a bowl.

"I'd be in the CIA," King added.

So you answered for Gerads that he would just be designing cereal boxes while you would be in the CIA. Nice.

"I've had huge failures," King added. "I've had national security failures. The funny thing is I had a big breakdown in 2016 but I didn't see it as a failure. It was like a necessary failure."

National security failures? Yikes.
Yeah we can tell you had a big breakdown. Please go get help and stop ruining beloved icons.
Why not start with - "Hey guys. Sorry you didn't enjoy the story. I missed the mark on that one. Here's what I was aiming for....."