Page 213 of 239 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Flash Forward #4 variant by in hyuk lee
    This is really cute .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Remind me: how many issues are there supposed to be in this miniseries?
    Six, so we are halfway through the miniseries.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Six, so we are halfway through the miniseries.
    Well if it does well it might continue i Hear, its been very good

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well if it does well it might continue i Hear, its been very good
    Unfortunately, Booth already said it was the opposite and 50 000 issues sold was not enough to legitimate something else.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    This is pretty cathartic at least.

Attachment 89564

Attachment 89565
    Hope the bad guys win.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Unfortunately, Booth already said it was the opposite and 50 000 issues sold was not enough to legitimate something else.
    IIRC, Booth said DC were looking for 80k minimum.

Like there was any chance a book by Lobdell and Booth was gonna get anywhere close to 80k in today's market. And they know that, there is no way they don't know that.

80k for single issue? Thats Batman numbers... I don't remember when Flash consistently sold that much?

Astonishing Member

Flash has never sold that much. At least not since the Silver Age.

I imagine a slightly more reasonable, but still unreasonable, sales goal would've been outselling the current Flash comic but who knows. It was never going to happen with a bad team on a mini about a character so badly handled.
    Last edited by Dred; 11-24-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Flash Forward #4 variant by in hyuk lee
    That's a great cover. I'm really enjoying these variant covers. Lee Inhyuk is really good.

It's probably too much to hope that this cover with Wally and Linda will at all reflect the issue itself. Still a nice image though.

Now that all the solicitations came out if looks like the first half of the series is Wally bouncining around having fun adventures on different worlds but the second half, beginning with issue 4, will have Wally actually dealing with the dark matter issue and more than that his own personal journey of how he was affected and how he has to save the day through his personal quest.

I'm looking forward to it as his world bouncing is fun but I'm ready to get into the real stuff.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Flash has never sold that much. At least not since the Silver Age.

I imagine a slightly more reasonable, but still unreasonable, sales goal would've been outselling the current Flash comic but who knows. It was never going to happen with a bad team on a mini about a character so badly handled.
    I think even if Flash Forward did do well it was never going to get anything more. Didio and co are not interested in promoting Wally. The only reason I believe they gave him a series was just because HIC got so.much negative backlash that this was to off set that a bit.

And as you said Wally at this point has had so much stacked against him it was always going to be an uphill battle.

But with all that Wally still did decently. The first issue sold 45 and the second 30. That's pretty good with DC comics doing pretty bad in general across the board.
    And compared to Barry's book which sells 35 it's not bad either.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Actually FF sells better than Barry's book. The one higher was a conclusion to arc. (remember, main book is bi-weekly) and in the previous month, the issue above FF was the one we got Zolomon's reveal. So FF basically sells on par with Flash book, which means it performs pretty darn well. I'm assuming everyone who is getting Flash is also getting the Flash Forward as well.

Next month, we won't have Zoom in the main book and YotV hasn't been a huge hit so far, if FF stays where it's been before, it's a success in my book.

Thinking again, Booth has little to no access to powerful clique of DC so his words on the matter doesn't mean a squat. If you are following Joshua on twitter, you can see that he doesn't promote FF at ALL. Instead he promotes Tom Taylor's book & King's Batman run. It's very disturbing for me because Williamson, that's essentially your spin-off. If you care about Wally and don't like the creative team, then you should have fought harder to give him to a better one. There are many writers in DC who care about Wally, it wasn't hard to find anyone better than Lobdell & Booth.

Astonishing Member

It's possible the 80k number was something thrown at Booth to shut him up. And it's possible that it's true entirely because it was impossible to happen. If the idea was this series needed to do 80k to be considered successful then that is the same as saying we have no interest in this series regardless of the sales. Setting an impossible goal is just synonymous with damning it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...popular_mobile

Speak of the devil. According to article Marvel considers him and his inker "too old-fashioned" for the biz. I would believe it. He's only at DC because of Harras & Lee. He's clearly not part of "Snyder's gang". And if you are not part of Snyder's gang, you don't really matter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

Thinking again, Booth has little to no access to powerful clique of DC so his words on the matter doesn't mean a squat. If you are following Joshua on twitter, you can see that he doesn't promote FF at ALL. Instead he promotes Tom Taylor's book & King's Batman run. It's very disturbing for me because Williamson, that's essentially your spin-off. If you care about Wally and don't like the creative team, then you should have fought harder to give him to a better one. There are many writers in DC who care about Wally, it wasn't hard to find anyone better than Lobdell & Booth.
    Now you mention it, yes, you never see the Snyder team promoting titles like Flash Forward or Doomsday Clock.

I don’t know what’s going behind the scene, but DC and the relationships between the writers don’t seem as good as it used to be.