Page 220 of 239 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3576
  1. #3286
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    It's still a bit disingenuous (at the moment) considering Jay and Wally are currently only being used for what amounts to a single arc. Only Barry and Bart have any sort of stability when it comes to "appearing on a monthly basis".
    We'll have to wait and see if the momentum continues with Jay, but Scott Snyder has talked about writing Justice Society in the future, and Doomsday Clock will be wrapping up very soon.

    Wally has been used consistently since his return in Rebirth. He was a core cast member in Titans, then featured prominently in the "Perfect Storm" and "Flash War" arcs in The Flash, then was a key character in Heroes in Crisis, and is now starring in a 6-issue mini-series.

    You can argue about how well the character is being written and utilised, but he is appearing on a regular basis.

  2. #3287
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You can argue about how well the character is being written and utilised, but he is appearing on a regular basis.
    But Heroes in Crisis and the mini are temporary spots. There was also about five months (combined) where Wally didn't show up anywhere at all before & after HiC. Neither Bart or Jay were around when Wally was making those other appearances so it was only half of them being active at the time.

    We'll see where we stand if Jay is used more in the future and if Wally isn't killed off in the next big event or effectively shelved after the mini.
    Last edited by Rend20; 12-06-2019 at 09:51 PM.

  3. #3288
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.
    Posts
    2,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    We'll have to wait and see if the momentum continues with Jay, but Scott Snyder has talked about writing Justice Society in the future, and Doomsday Clock will be wrapping up very soon.

    Wally has been used consistently since his return in Rebirth. He was a core cast member in Titans, then featured prominently in the "Perfect Storm" and "Flash War" arcs in The Flash, then was a key character in Heroes in Crisis, and is now starring in a 6-issue mini-series.

    You can argue about how well the character is being written and utilised, but he is appearing on a regular basis.
    Wally has been allowed to appear so as to be poked at with an electrified stick, made to wear a dunce cap and stuck in a corner until everyone agrees with Didio that he is subpar to Barry. I wonder if Jay and Bart had ever had the audacity to take the Flash mantle for two decades they would now be treated as awfully as Wally.

    Rebirth by Johns...great.
    Titans? Treated even in story as second (third?) tier Justice Leaguers whom the 'actual, iconic' Justice League (Barry, Hal, etc) had to close down.
    Flash War was a set up to show how unhinged Wally was so they could massacre him in HIC. The mini is only 6 issues and was given an astronomically insane goal to be allowed to go farther than that even though Didio stuck in his very own Original Character....which I am not convinced is -not- the main reason for the book being made in the first place.

    But, yeah. Dan just loves Wally to peaches.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

  4. #3289
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    But Heroes in Crisis and the mini are temporary spots. There was also about five months (combined) where Wally didn't show up anywhere at all before & after HiC
    Flash #51 (Jul 25 2018) was a Wally issue. Heroes in Crisis #1 was released Sep 26 2018 and #9 was released May 29 2019. Flash Forward #1 was released Sep 18 2019.

    So in terms of publication gaps, that's AUG 2018 and JUN/JUL/AUG 2019. For obvious reasons, they wouldn't want to solicit Flash Forward before the conclusion to Heroes in Crisis had been released.

    Wally had a small but important appearance in Flash #75 (Jul 24 2019), so even during that gap he had a presence. The character has been actively used since Rebirth.

  5. #3290
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Wally has been allowed to appear so as to be poked at with an electrified stick, made to wear a dunce cap and stuck in a corner until everyone agrees with Didio that he is subpar to Barry. I wonder if Jay and Bart had ever had the audacity to take the Flash mantle for two decades they would now be treated as awfully as Wally.

    Rebirth by Johns...great.
    Titans? Treated even in story as second (third?) tier Justice Leaguers whom the 'actual, iconic' Justice League (Barry, Hal, etc) had to close down.
    Flash War was a set up to show how unhinged Wally was so they could massacre him in HIC. The mini is only 6 issues and was given an astronomically insane goal to be allowed to go farther than that even though Didio stuck in his very own Original Character....which I am not convinced is -not- the main reason for the book being made in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You can argue about how well the character is being written and utilised, but he is appearing on a regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    But, yeah. Dan just loves Wally to peaches.
    Did I say that?

  6. #3291
    Astonishing Member Dataweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Wally has been allowed to appear so as to be poked at with an electrified stick, made to wear a dunce cap and stuck in a corner until everyone agrees with Didio that he is subpar to Barry. I wonder if Jay and Bart had ever had the audacity to take the Flash mantle for two decades they would now be treated as awfully as Wally.
    Jay did hold the Flash mantle for decades. He was, after all, the original Flash.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

  7. #3292
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Do you think Wally will die or retire in the next Crisis? I donít see a third option but Iím open to predictions on the matter.

  8. #3293
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    So in terms of publication gaps, that's AUG 2018 and JUN/JUL/AUG 2019.
    So four months instead of five. My bad.

    The character has been actively used since Rebirth.
    Except that isn't the point of the discussion?

    If a character is appearing in comics on a monthly basis, then they're actively being utilised. This is surely what DiDo meant when he said "Now all the Flashes run side by side – Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart together".
    That was your interpretation of Didio's statement.

    Neither Bart or Jay was really around when Wally was making those other appearances so the four of them weren't running side by side. They are at the moment, but if Jay disappears after his one arc and Wally goes away as well, then it's a bit of a disingenuous statement to me if it only last six months.
    Last edited by Rend20; 12-06-2019 at 10:47 PM.

  9. #3294
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Do you think Wally will die or retire in the next Crisis? I don’t see a third option but I’m open to predictions on the matter.
    Flash Forward seems to hint at Wally making a sacrifice. My guess is that he'll either have to sacrifice himself or the kids to save reality.

  10. #3295
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Do you think Wally will die or retire in the next Crisis? I donít see a third option but Iím open to predictions on the matter.
    I've seen Wally as a goner ever since Iris' "Wally West will be the greatest hero who ever lived" at the end of his last appearance in the main Flash book. Heck, the whole issue read as a giant goodbye for Wally.

  11. #3296
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    So four months instead of five. My bad.

    Except that isn't the point of the discussion?

    That was your interpretation of Didio's statement.

    Neither Bart or Jay was really around when Wally was making those other appearances so the four of them weren't running side by side. They are at the moment, but if Jay disappears after his one arc and Wally goes away as well, then it's a bit of a disingenuous statement to me if it only last six months.
    There's a preview of the book on Google Books, for anyone who wants to read the full introduction, with all of these lines in context.

    DiDio gives a brief rundown of the history of the Flash series and its four leads, how each was introduced and written out over the years. He concludes that now Jay, Barry, Bart and Wally all run side by side. This is true. At the time of the publication of The Flash: 80 Years of the Fastest Man Alive, all four characters are actively part of the DC Universe and its publishing plan. None of them are dead or de-powered or written out. All four are being used. In this month's releases, you can pick up comics featuring Barry Allen, Wally West, Jay Garrick and Bart Allen (also Wallace West, Avery Ho and John Fox).

  12. #3297
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Do you think Wally will die or retire in the next Crisis? I don’t see a third option but I’m open to predictions on the matter.
    According to Bleeding Cool, Wally could survive the Crisis and could be part of DC's back-up plans when they will launch 5G :

    As 5G rolls out, DC Comics will also launch a number of new oversized-titles, starring Bruce Wayne as Batman, Clark Kent as Superman, Diana as Wonder Woman, Arthur Curry as Aquaman, Hal Jordan as Green Lantern and Barry Allen and/or Wally West as The Flash, at $7.99 each.
    Source : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...d-black-label/
    The Flash is not about Tragedy - Wally West Appreciation Thread : 376 pages.
    Wally West Appreciation Thread 2018 : 94 pages
    Wally West: The Flash Appreciation 2019 : 239 pages

    Good stories must survive : https://theflashlives.com/

  13. #3298
    Astonishing Member Dataweaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Flash Forward seems to hint at Wally making a sacrifice. My guess is that he'll either have to sacrifice himself or the kids to save reality.
    I really hope not. If that's how they end it, they'll just get another backlash like the one they got from the HiC-up.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

  14. #3299
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I really hope not. If that's how they end it, they'll just get another backlash like the one they got from the HiC-up.
    Bleeding Cool reports that he'll be taking a well-deserved sitdown.

  15. #3300
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    46,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Do you think Wally will die or retire in the next Crisis? I don’t see a third option but I’m open to predictions on the matter.
    I think 5G is being used to retire a lot of characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    There's a preview of the book on Google Books, for anyone who wants to read the full introduction, with all of these lines in context.

    DiDio gives a brief rundown of the history of the Flash series and its four leads, how each was introduced and written out over the years. He concludes that now Jay, Barry, Bart and Wally all run side by side. This is true. At the time of the publication of The Flash: 80 Years of the Fastest Man Alive, all four characters are actively part of the DC Universe and its publishing plan. None of them are dead or de-powered or written out. All four are being used. In this month's releases, you can pick up comics featuring Barry Allen, Wally West, Jay Garrick and Bart Allen (also Wallace West, Avery Ho and John Fox).
    Even if they're all being published in some form, it still just doesn't feel true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    According to Bleeding Cool, Wally could survive the Crisis and could be part of DC's back-up plans when they will launch 5G :



    Source : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...d-black-label/
    Will they try to kill the main heroes by sequestering them to overpriced books?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •