Page 43 of 239 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Is Gnark(however you spell it) holding Wally in the panel before the “one more thing” posted by Darkcrusade25? I know the suits the wrong color but the hair looks the same.
    No, that's the Protector.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    so tom king pretty much...

spoilers:
    roasted us all in this issue. Flashing back to DCU Rebirth, with everyone(Superman,NW,Donna,Roy) hugging Wally saying 'You're alive! You're hope! You're what everyone's been missing". I felt like the was making a clap-back on readers that felt like Wally's return was the start of a better DCU. King shows Wally being ridiculously depressed that his kids and wife are missing even though he remembered his kids only through flash war. King defends it by making Wally say that 'i knew, even if i didn't know, i kind of knew'. Sanctuary AI tells Wally he's not alone, moments after the massacre.

Wally definitely had some part in the murder. There's no way he couldn't have.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The way I read it, the DCU Rebirth moment, alongisde «Wally's hugging session» and Titans Fight, were part of the Sanctuary simulations to work through Wally's trauma, and not actual moments in Wally's (new) life
    end of spoilers

That being said.. damn.. i didnt know King would love to troll us this way..
    I was mostly neutral about his work at dc, but after this, and his Batman run are over, I hope he dissapears from dc.. seriously.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Your first mistake was having hope

No!!!

Hope is the only thing that remains us... flying in the sky, even if the fall is more painful... I want to believe in a better world for Wally... it is the only way to resist this agony

On the other hand, I'm very confused... certain event has been shown twice in a different forms in this arc (you know what I mean)...

I know, almost never post, but always I'm reading you, guys.

greetings

Well that was depressing.

The issue was dull, most of this series has been, but this issue was another level for me.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The issue was dull, most of this series has been, but this issue was another level for me.
    Yup. This too. In the latest development Wally is depressed about his family. King has only gone over this 25 times in this series but another 5 times should.do it. Great progression.

Maybe there was something with the Harley parts but I skipped over that because I could not give less than a crap about her.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, that's the Protector.
    Watching them die has seriously broken me as a Titans fan. A guy who was created because of an issue with cookie rights for a couple PSA comics is used as brutal canon fodder as a fun, goofy meathead caveman out of the end of the Silver Age holds him bleeding out made me physically recoil. Next to a page of Wally holding Roy's bloody corpse. This book is everything I hate about modern DC. It feels so god damn hopeless and pointless. I don't understand why I even read comics anymore.

Wasted artwork, nonsense dialogue that wants to be smarter than it is, shoving characters down your throat, constant death, and a dark tone that feels both inconsistent yet overbearing at the same time. These things are what DC means to me now and it breaks my heart.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Have to agree with whomever said "so much beautiful artwork...wasted." I have to keep reminding myself that this is owned by the same business that put out the original Looney Tunes with Bugs and Daffy making us laugh.

Obviously, times have changed.

Suppose yearning for some independent company to outright buy the rights to Wally West Original Ginger Flavor, Linda Park, and their friends is out of the question.

Waiting impatiently for The Flash by Mark Waid vol 6 to come out so I can wash my brain off from all this putrid.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Watching them die has seriously broken me as a Titans fan. A guy who was created because of an issue with cookie rights for a couple PSA comics is used as brutal canon fodder as a fun, goofy meathead caveman out of the end of the Silver Age holds him bleeding out made me physically recoil. Next to a page of Wally holding Roy's bloody corpse. This book is everything I hate about modern DC. It feels so god damn hopeless and pointless. I don't understand why I even read comics anymore.

Wasted artwork, nonsense dialogue that wants to be smarter than it is, shoving characters down your throat, constant death, and a dark tone that feels both inconsistent yet overbearing at the same time. These things are what DC means to me now and it breaks my heart.
    Yep.
    If anyone had lingering doubts about DC being intent on destroying the Titans franchise, read this steaming pile of shit and try to remind yourself that things WILL change. Eventually.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post

Honestly I'm probably going to drift away from DC comics again. The New 52 reboot pushed me away and ironically Valiant of all things had just started so I went there. Then Rebirth kicked off and Valiant started sucking so I drifted back to DC. With DC doubling down and going this way I think Marvel is where I'm primarily headed. They've turned it around in my eyes. They just need to fix one little thing and I'd be all aboard.

Yeah, Ok Guys, I tried with this new "Direction" I really did, but I'm done, that issue was the most filler thing I've ever read, the Story's Barely progressed in 6 issues (OF 9) and its just infecting the other books I like. I'm off to Marvel, at least there even while the X-Men at the moment are dark and depressing with Devastation going on, we know there's an ending to that with the Age of X-Man's conclusion. I'll stick around the forums and pick up the JL books, YJ, Action and Tec (maybe Doomsday Clock and Shazam) but this issue is what killed DC to me, there's no point to me continuing to read things I'm just gonna hate in the long run
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-28-2019 at 02:03 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

BANNED

I'm only reading Shazam and the Superman books but that's about it. All the other books are getting steadily bleaker, I know that's to synch them up with Doomsday Clock's setting but I'd much rather now wait until that event is over so I can be sure whether or not the optimism has a hope in hell of being restored. As for alternatives, with Marvel I've stuck with Spider-Man (generally because common sense prevailed and Peter's back with MJ), but a lot of their titles are just as bleak and as angst-ridden. I say stick with BOOM! Comics and IDW for a healthy mixture of fun and dramatic.

Folks! Why are you reading crap that depresses you? Just stop! Don’t support this garbage and find fun things to read that you enjoy!

There is plenty of competition from multiple companies. I am having a blast with my current pull list and it is a wonderful feeling not to be bothered by the current slate of DC slop.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Folks! Why are you reading crap that depresses you? Just stop! Don’t support this garbage and find fun things to read that you enjoy!

There is plenty of competition from multiple companies. I am having a blast with my current pull list and it is a wonderful feeling not to be bothered by the current slate of DC slop.
    Oh I'm not supporting it. You think I'm gonna waste money on this dreck?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

I've been trying to continue but after this week I've just called my LCS and dropped down to 9 DC books:

Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Justice League Odyssey
    Batman Who Laughs
    Action Comics
    Detective Comics
    Shazam
    Doomsday Clock
    Young Justice

But kept my Marvel List the same and kept Buffy the Vampire Slayer which I'm liking even if I only really want to read it until they bring Angel back and give me spinoff book about him to read
    Last edited by Denirac; 02-28-2019 at 04:16 AM.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe