Page 194 of 239 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Soooo Linda implied the fact that those deaths were an accident means they can sway the public to his side...which would be logical if it weren't for the small detail of him defiling the bodies in order to frame two innocent people. You know...the main reason he should be behind bars...
    Lobdell actually addresses that and gives a “WHAT THE HELL DID I DO THAT FOR? THATS RIDICULOUS.” Type context
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Ok. Maybe i am the only one here who liked. But, it felt like it was genuinely trying to get wally back on his feet.it was cool to see roy and wally moments in the book. I know we are going to get more of that. I got a little bit of red hood and the outlaws kind of feel from it. It surprised me wally would decide to kick ass when the collar broke. I guess, wally can't give up even if he tries. Linda has started to really care for wally atleast. I hope they develop that more in the series. And wally is hailed as the fastest being in the multiverse. The thing that hit home for me was the loneliness he feels.i hope, they atleast have barry reacting to what wally is going through. Overall, it was good issue.Ignoring hic won't work . Lobdell is trying to build of from it.wally's dialogue regarding his costume is due to trauma. He is not ready to be A hero let alone being the flash, it is the last thing wants to do. He is too damned depressed for that. I mean, All the lying on the bed and lacking the energy to get up basically conveyed that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-18-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Lobdell can do no worse to wall then what already is

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    OK I just read it and Im very torn.

On one hand it has way too much of the terrible HIC in it. I mean I knew it was going to be in there a bit because it has to but they really went deep into it the whole issue and emphasized it a lot and I really despise it and would rather ignore it as much as possible and almost pretend it never happened.

On the other hand the art is great. Brett Booth did a fantastic job. As well as the writing, putting aside the material , Lodbell did an amazing job. It really feels like Wally West which since Rebirth has been a hit or miss.

As well as on the flip side of the major negative of it being very focused on HIC, Lodbell actually does a good job showing Wally dealing with it. I can totally see the real Wally thinking these thoughts and reacting to those events this way. Unlike King in HIC where it NEVER felt like Wally in any way through out, putting aside the weird situation and just concentrating on how Wally would actually react to it.

If Wally would have been written like this in HIC despite the terrible editorial mandate of sticking Wally in that situation I would have been a lot more OK with it.

P.S. A few more positives. Putting Wally aside the actual story with the dark multiverse infection, showing that Thanagaranian and the Mobius chair is very inetersting. So once again credit to Scott Lobdell.

And lastly despite the horrible circumstances it felt really, really good to actually read a solo Wally West comic. Been way too long.
    Wow, that’s great ! I’m really glad you liked it ! Thanks for sharing your thoughts !

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ok. Maybe i am the only one here who liked. But, it felt like it was genuinely trying to get wally back on his feet.it was cool to see roy and wally moments in the book. I know we are going to get more of that. I got a little bit of red hood and the outlaws kindof feel from it. It surprised me wally would decide kick ass when the collar broke. I guess, wally can't give even if he tries. Linda has started to really care for wally atleast. I hope they develop that more in the series. And wally is hailed as the fastest being in the multiverse. The thing that hit home for me was the loneliness he feels.i hope, they atleast have barry reacting to what wally is going through. Overall, it was good issue.Ignoring hic is a won't work . Lobdell is trying to build of from it.wally's dialogue regarding his costume is due to trauma. A hero let alone being the fpash is the last thing wants to do. He is too damned depressed for that. I mean, All the lying on the bed and lacking the energy to get up basically conveyed that.
    No your not the only one who liked a lot of it. I don't agreen with everything you said bit I do agree that Lodbell is actually trying and doing a good job despite the terrible circumstances.

Here's my thoughts I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    OK I just read it and Im very torn.

On one hand it has way too much of the terrible HIC in it. I mean I knew it was going to be in there a bit because it has to but they really went deep into it the whole issue and emphasized it a lot and I really despise it and would rather ignore it as much as possible and almost pretend it never happened.

On the other hand the art is great. Brett Booth did a fantastic job. As well as the writing, putting aside the material , Lodbell did an amazing job. It really feels like Wally West which since Rebirth has been a hit or miss.

As well as on the flip side of the major negative of it being very focused on HIC, Lodbell actually does a good job showing Wally dealing with it. I can totally see the real Wally thinking these thoughts and reacting to those events this way. Unlike King in HIC where it NEVER felt like Wally in any way through out, putting aside the weird situation and just concentrating on how Wally would actually react to it.

If Wally would have been written like this in HIC despite the terrible editorial mandate of sticking Wally in that situation I would have been a lot more OK with it.

P.S. A few more positives. Putting Wally aside the actual story with the dark multiverse infection, showing that Thanagaranian and the Mobius chair is very inetersting. So once again credit to Scott Lobdell.

And lastly despite the horrible circumstances it felt really, really good to actually read a solo Wally West comic. Been way too long.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

i do like that wallys identity is public again.

but it does raise the question, what wallys parents are thinking? not knowing they have a son then suddenly finding out they have one and he's in prision for killed a bunch of people.

I thought this was a really solid first issue. Characterization was well handled. It was a little exposition heavy though. Lobdell may actually pull this off.

I get why some people are turned off by addressing the HiC stuff, but that's just where we are storywise. If we want to see an ongoing with Wally having already moved passed HiC, this is going to have to sell well first. That's just the reality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post

but it does raise the question, what wallys parents are thinking? not knowing they have a son then suddenly finding out they have one and he's in prision for killed a bunch of people.
    Do his parents even exist in current continuity ?

Of course they do. How would he have been born otherwise?

Remember, DC Rebirth brought him back into continuity. He's part of the current timeline. It's just that he also has memories of the pre-Flashpoint timeline.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 09-18-2019 at 10:54 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Do his parents even exist in current continuity ?
    They were seen in Iris' flashback to Wally's birth along with Daniel. Given the latter's existence, it had to take place in the current timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post

To be fair, his dad was such a slimey jerk, he would probably be proud.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Wow, that’s great ! I’m really glad you liked it ! Thanks for sharing your thoughts !
    Well I did like it but still not happy that we even have to deal with Wally in this situation.

Thanks. I'm glad u liked it and thanks for sharing your thoughts as well.

As much as the HIC stuff bothered me in this issue if it moves on from there for the rest of the series and it continues with the quality of writing and art that this issue had this series will actually be a pretty good one.

And thats not even talking about that this may maybe, maybe redeem Wally from the HIC mess.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

So, as I suspected, they're aiming at giving Wally a "Cosmic" mission statement,l so they can avoid anyone opn the main universe ever having to deal with him or mention his name.

Crappy.

(The fact that he starts at Blackgate makes me think the only reason that suicide squad crap didn't happen was the backlash. But we'll never know.)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Well, at the end you can that Wally’s Speed Force seems to be infected by the Dark Multiverse. The Dark Multiverse could be what triggered the explosion in HiC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEuvQu1X...pg&name=medium
    That would be a good idea. What happened in Heroes in Crisis didn't make much sense - speedsters' powers have never worked that way before.

But the bigger issue is still messing with the bodies, framing people for murder, and releasing his colleagues' confidential therapy sessions/medical information.

With all the exposition about nexus points and the Dark Multiverse corrupting the multiverse, they could easily use that as a way to explain that Wally's actions weren't his own. I'll be frustrated if they don't - it's right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Soooo Linda implied the fact that those deaths were an accident means they can sway the public to his side...which would be logical if it weren't for the small detail of him defiling the bodies in order to frame two innocent people. You know...the main reason he should be behind bars...
    I'm pretty sure that whole part, which is clearly the most criminal and damning thing Wally did, is just going to be ignored by Lobdell and DC going forward. Just focus on him accidentally killing the heroes and not mention what else he did. Lobdell implied as much in the podcast he did a while back.