Page 186 of 239 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3576
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wally's involvement in Doomsday Clock from today's issue
    That weird moment when in-universe Luthor did more to find out about Wally than his actual friends did.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    That weird moment when in-universe Luthor did more to find out about Wally than his actual friends did.
    ...I don't even want to think about that .

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I think I'll never get tired of Mark Waid's words about The Flash.

You cannot count the number of times people came down the hall at DC Comics to ask us when somebody's legs were getting shattered or when something horrible or grotesque would happen to Flash. But that character, that book, is not about tragedy. It's never been about tragedy. It's been about hope, and it's been about movement, and it's been about freedom. And so we – Brian and I together – just followed our muse. And we knew we were being defiant in an age of dark and grim comics, but what we had seemed to work. We stood out from the crowd and we didn't sink beneath the waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Not completely true:

1. The fastest Man alive belongs to Bart (at least if FLASH Bart is still somehow in Continuity) he was faster than Wally because of absorbing the speedforce
    2. In the Comics Wally had the SAME incident as Barry while in YJ TV Series Wally had a homemade incident and is therefore not as powerful as he is and you also see it when you see Barry and Bart talking.
    Wally CANT follow..

AND

3. How long was Wally Kid Flash in the TV Show?

Incorrect! Jay Garrick is the fastest because he’s my favorite. See, I can make stuff up too.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I think I'll never get tired of Mark Waid's words about The Flash.
    Would that more writers truly understood and emphasized this enough.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Thanks for saving me the time and energy of looking up this week's Dooms Day Clock for anything on Wally.

Gee, Linda. Great reporter you are misidentifying a hero like that.
    And, yes, dear God did it have to be -villain- who did the most research on finding Wally? We still haven't had a Wally & Kyle reunion. (Where -is- Kyle, btw?)

Is the demon Red Lantern cat still alive? I'd like to see him go up against whatsisface's Egyptian? kitty. (Yeah, I'm that invested in this that I forgot the rich guy's name who wiped out New York. Dmnitall, thinking about super animals reminded me just how much I miss Superman's dog. Did Wally -ever- in the history of DC ever get to meet that canine? A Krypto & Wally West race would have been more interesting than another with Superman himself since dogs are naturally faster than humans.)

Waid: Great writer and imagineer for comics. I think we would not get along very well on a personal level, but wish he could do one more Wally West story.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Waid: Great writer and imagineer for comics. I think we would not get along very well on a personal level, but wish he could do one more Wally West story.
    Can you explain why ? I'll meet him in a month, so that's the kind of thing I'd like to know !
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 09-06-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would that more writers truly understood and emphasized this enough.
    I think writers do understand the concept of Flash being about optimism. Unfortunately management at DC these days despises that and just wants dark and gritty so the Flash gets that treatment as well despite not being the theme of the Flash .

Maybe just another reason why Wally is hated by upper management.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I think writers do understand the concept of Flash being about optimism. Unfortunately management at DC these days despises that and just wants dark and gritty so the Flash gets that treatment as well despite not being the theme of the Flash .

Maybe just another reason why Wally is hated by upper management.
    I do wonder if editorial is very pro "dead mom, imprisoned father" and sad sack Barry...

BANNED

Loved the "Flash and Substance" episode of JLU because it really showed how different Flash was from Superman or Batman in how he handled his villains. Also loved how he was regarded as a hometown hero who helped people with everyday tasks. Wish the Flash comics were more like that, with an emphasis on humor and optimism. I think that would actually make the Flash title stand out more.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Loved the "Flash and Substance" episode of JLU because it really showed how different Flash was from Superman or Batman in how he handled his villains. Also loved how he was regarded as a hometown hero who helped people with everyday tasks. Wish the Flash comics were more like that, with an emphasis on humor and optimism. I think that would actually make the Flash title stand out more.
    I always loved that episode as well.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Can you explain why ? I'll meet him in a month, so that's the kind of thing I'd like to know !
    He's known for being extremely opinionated and incredibly passionate about those opinions to the point that he can be rather intolerant of those who don't agree with him. Near as I can tell, he's perfectly OK, pleasant even, as long as you don't get into politics with him if you're at all right-wing. This is based on third-hand information and from my own observations on social media, to be sure, but I think you'll get along just fine as long as you keep politics aside.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Well I just want my The Flash #0 and an explanation for the Batsuit in All Flash #1 (2007) so I’m not planning to talk about the US politics

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    He's known for being extremely opinionated and incredibly passionate about those opinions to the point that he can be rather intolerant of those who don't agree with him. Near as I can tell, he's perfectly OK, pleasant even, as long as you don't get into politics with him if you're at all right-wing. This is based on third-hand information and from my own observations on social media, to be sure, but I think you'll get along just fine as long as you keep politics aside.
    Well I just want my The Flash #0 and an explanation for the Batsuit in All Flash #1 (2007) so I’m not planning to talk about the US politics

I mean that’s a good plan for anyone to follow in today’s climate
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Nothing terrible! Just I think we are on opposite sides of most of the sociopolitical spectrum based on internet blogs. It's something I've never really cared about (live, let live) but some people apparently do care and quite a lot. Have even heard of family breakups over elections of all things. Tis a sad world.

Anyway, I'd gladly finish buying up any Flash material of his that hasn't already been put in print (because I have it all, heh). The only other Flash writer I hold such high esteem for their writing is Messner-Loeb. Also like some others, but those are definitely favorites.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)