Page 104 of 239 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

It's important to note that this is happening only after they destroyed his character to the utmost of their ability. If there is one thing the shot callers have been consistent on it is not wanting Wally West -- so they twist his character into something unrecognizable with his name attached and try to get sales without giving us Wally.

If this at all sounds familiar, this is what they did in the new 52. Create someone named Wally with some basic similarities, twisted into something awful that doesn't step on Barry's shoes as the one true Flash. A miserable criminal responsible for dozens of deaths, welcome to edgy shitty antivillain Wally, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Since first hearing of Barry's return in 2008 I knew Wally was going to get the shaft. People kept saying "you don't know that, you don't know that". The last 10 years proved me right so I am feeling pretty confident that I know how DC will treat Wally West.

- First Wally gets replaced as the main Flash. Loses book.
    -Second Wally gets erased from existence.
    -Now Wally kills a bunch of heroes and friends and covers it up in a terribly written story that makes no sense on any level.

You're being beyond optimistic to think DC has anything good planned for Wally. Or anything that resembles the character we love.

Hope I am wrong but I am not.
    I have no problem dropping the book if I dislike the direction. I dropped Titans when I got bored with it.

The prospect of Wally having a solo series is a good thing to me. I'm not going to be upset that my favourite character is getting some much needed attention and a solo just because it has the possibility of being bad. Everything has the posibilty of being bad. I hate HiC too. Am I supposed to never read a Wally comic ever again?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's important to note that this is happening only after they destroyed his character to the utmost of their ability. If there is one thing the shot callers have been consistent on it is not wanting Wally West -- so they twist his character into something unrecognizable with his name attached and try to get sales without giving us Wally.
    It's almost as if after they lket Beechen destroy Cass cain, they'd issue an apology to the fans by launching a mini with her written by Beechen.

Wait a minute....
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's almost as if after they lket Beechen destroy Cass cain, they'd issue an apology to the fans by launching a mini with her written by Beechen.

Wait a minute....
    You don't Think ?!?

This is a rumor from this weekend so take with a grain of salt. It builds off a previous rumor. Wally West is suppose to lead a new version of the Suicide Squad and written by Brian Azzarello. The newest rumor is before DC announces that series Wally West will get either an ongoing series or mini-series that will be a buffer between Heroes in Crisis and Suicide Squad.

Side note: Reading the different comments about how Wally West is being treated by King in Heroes in Crisis are these the same people who got mad at Millar for turning SpeedBall into Penance in Marvel's Civil War. I personally don't see any difference and in the end Speedball was redeemed.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I always love seeing Wally as Kid Flash interact with Batman.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Where is this from?

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I always love seeing Wally as Kid Flash interact with Batman.
    Agreed. Funny to see the kid sidekicks react to Batman. As well as see Dick and Wally compare their relationships to their respective mentors.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where is this from?
    Flash #210
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Agreed. Funny to see the kid sidekicks react to Batman. As well as see Dick and Wally compare their relationships to their respective mentors.
    Y'know, whenever you see the OG!sidekicks compare mentors it usually comes down to "Batman's scary" and "The Flash is the best" .

Astonishing Member

There's only five of them and 90% of the time Donna is isolated away from Diana, Roy and Ollie have a pretty complicated relationship, and no one cares about Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, whenever you see the OG!sidekicks compare mentors it usually comes down to "Batman's scary" and "The Flash is the best" .
    Well I mean Wally did have it the best from an outsider looking in when it comes to mentor relationships. Donna and Diana's relationship depends on the writer and current revamp they're under, Garth and Arthur had a real generic relationship that hasn't had enough exploration, Roy and Ollie were Roy and Ollie, Dick and Bruce probably had the best in terms of the personal relationship, they had their fair share of ups and downs but they will always be the dynamic duo.

Wally and Barry just seemed like the most fun. There is a great balance of family and superheroing.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I know you don't quite believe in something called "editorial bias", but there is such a thing called "editorial bias".

That's why.

If this mini is true, it's only true right now because they must have realized at this point that they went a little too far and have to do some damage control.
    Sounds like the Cassandra Cain-starring BATGIRL mini-series they did what, a decade ago? After fan outcry over the treatment of Cassandra from "One Year Later" on. The one where they put the writer who was given the editorial mandate of turning her into a villain (and who didn't do a lick of research about her character) on it as writer so as to immediately sour her fans on it before the first issue came out (presumably to poison the sales so they could point to them and say, "See, we gave you what you said you wanted, but the sales were terrible, so we have all the justification we wa...I mean, need, to strip her of the Batgirl identity and give it to somebody else.")

Or maybe this is the Wally version of RISE AND FALL OF ARSENAL? Roy loses his arm and daughter, is given a mini to completely break him down, and then is put onto Deathstroke's team of villains. And before all that happened, Meltzer had him ditch the Arsenal ID, take on the name and costume of "Red Arrow" to make him more of Oliver's equal, and had Roy join his relaunched JLofA book/team. (The one where he spent six issues on how awesome he thought Red Tornado was, only for MacDuffie to immediately write Tornado off the team, out of the book, and right back into his pre-Meltzer status quo.) I swear I found something that alleged that Robinson screwed up Roy in "Cry for Justice" because he thought Roy was being set up to replace Oliver and he couldn't let that happen, but maybe it was being conflated with Didio?

Either way, there's precedence for some thing like this happening, only the similarities to what they did with Roy look a little too close to ripping themselves off. Of course, I could be wrong...but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Timber Wolf-By-Night; 05-21-2019 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Closing parentheses is grammatically your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I have no problem dropping the book if I dislike the direction. I dropped Titans when I got bored with it.

The prospect of Wally having a solo series is a good thing to me. I'm not going to be upset that my favourite character is getting some much needed attention and a solo just because it has the possibility of being bad. Everything has the posibilty of being bad. I hate HiC too. Am I supposed to never read a Wally comic ever again?
    Any potential book can be bad that is correct. I didn't love Titans when it came out in 2016 but this is more about the status quo and DC's current vision for Wally. I don't want THIS Wally West. He isn't Wally West to me. I don't care if BKV was writing with Tony Harris on pencils. This isn't Wally West.

But I am happy that you are optimistic. I am not saying you are wrong for feeling this way...to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There's only five of them and 90% of the time Donna is isolated away from Diana, Roy and Ollie have a pretty complicated relationship, and no one cares about Garth.
    Poor Garth .
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well I mean Wally did have it the best from an outsider looking in when it comes to mentor relationships. Donna and Diana's relationship depends on the writer and current revamp they're under, Garth and Arthur had a real generic relationship that hasn't had enough exploration, Roy and Ollie were Roy and Ollie, Dick and Bruce probably had the best in terms of the personal relationship, they had their fair share of ups and downs but they will always be the dynamic duo.

Wally and Barry just seemed like the most fun. There is a great balance of family and superheroing.
    I think ostensibly Arthur and Garth were really close and Garth was probably the closest thing Arthur had to a kid before Arthur Jr. was born, but things didn't become really strained with them until hook hand Aquaman came in.