Page 81 of 239 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3576
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I posted this elsewhere but it bears repeating...

I challenge fans who are really unhappy with HiC #8 to make an actual statement to DC with how they feel, if they truly feel that way.

The only way DC will understand anything is if you hurt their bottom line. That means don't buy their product. Even if it's just one specific month let's say everyone here agrees not to purchase ANY DC Comics, statues, action figures, or other collectibles, that will send a message. All this talk and anger is exactly what DC was hoping for, so if you really want them to hear you then make a statement that matters.

I say all this knowing full well no one will do it. But it would be an amazing feat if it could be pulled off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally was not in any comics. HiC does not negatively affect any of the comics anyone is buying. That's what I meant by expendable earlier. They can do all of this stuff and not hurt their bottom line because they excised Wally from their bottom line. Titans, the only book that featured him in any significant way, is already cancelled. Flash is sticking its head in the dirt for the next half a year and, frankly, a lot of Barry fans probably would like it if Wally just stayed ruined for better or worse. Or they just don't care. Either one. Those are the only two books I could see ruining Wally even slightly affecting and it's still a non issue.

There's a very, very good reason they did this with Wally and it is not because King loves Wally so much and thinks he was the perfect character for his mass killing suicide trauma book.

They didn't even pump the brakes on the wedding snafu. This is a drop in the bucket.
    That's what I'm doing. Dropped all my DC books. And if enough people do it DC will definitely feel it. That's how the comic market has worked forever.

Piss off or disinterest enough of your customers and you will lose business.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Most retailers I know balance customer demand with preorders. If say, every fan here hypothetically decided they won't preorder any DC product for August (as that's the next Previews month), and those same fans agreed not to purchase any DC product in the stores themselves for August, and those same fans agreed not to purchase any DC comics released digitally in August, that would definitely have an impact on DC's bottom line.

The fact that fans are coming up with rationales not to do it clearly tells me no one will do it. But to say it wouldn't have any impact is a big understatement.
    The best person to ask would be your LCS retailer.
    See what they say.

What would really make waves is if DC was to hold one of their retailer meetings and nobody went.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The best person to ask would be your LCS retailer.
    See what they say.
    I purchase my comics online. I know when I did go to my LCS prior to it closing down that it was clearly based on an estimated guess on walk-in customers balanced with pre-orders.

Incredible Member

I know this might be odd to say but I truly liked Rebirth Wally and believe his best ending was when he finally reconnected with Iris and for a brief moment everything felt like it was going to be ok. He might not have had Linda, but the had his support system. Everything after that issue has been poison

BANNED

Wally's accidental discharge of speed force/lightning would mean that everyone exposed to the discharge should have been either disintegrated due to the excessive kinetic energy or electrocuted if it was speed force lightning which would mean ruling out booster and Harley especially as suspects completely whereas nothing of the sort is shown which goes to indicate what a dumb storyline it is. it also doesn't flatter Bruce's and Barry's forensic skills if they couldn't deduce such a blatant cause of the death. Sad day for wally. I think that he can officially appropriate Barry's dialogue from the trial of flash when he said that in the last few days he has undergone through a hell no superhero on earth has ever gone through.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Aaaaaand **** you very much DC Comics, Dan DiDio and Tom King.

Years of neglect and outright sabotage of my favourite character has culminated in Heroes in Crisis #8.
    Where a hero with a history of nearly 60 years of publication (Wally first appeared in 1960) - who was Kid Flash and a member of DC's highest selling title - who WAS the Flash for a GENERATION of readers - who INTRODUCED concepts now considered an integral part of Flash mythos (Speed Force anyone?) was given THE ULTIMATE humiliation and turned into a killer.
    Never mind that for this to work NUMEROUS heroes had to be written acting completely out of character in a nonsensical story that honestly King should be embarrassed to have his name attached to.

I have stuck through thick & thin with the Flash.
    Baron, Messner-Loebs, Waid, Johns, Millar, Morrison - The Trial, The death of Iris, Fiona all of it. Even the Fastest Man Alive issues that quickly deteriorated into something truly horrible.
    I was there. Every month.

That's finished. I know DC won't get a rat's arse, but I just can't keep supporting this **** anymore.

So, until there is a SERIOUS shift in the thinking at DC I will be spending my money elsewhere.
    **** you DC Comics, Dan DiDio and Tom King. You took something I loved and **** all over it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

what garbage DCs hic is! Seriously deserves thrashing for being a boring ****.

I don't think I like comic books anymore. I knew the second I read Identity Crisis something was rotten at DC and like a cancer it grew and grew. Now I can't stand to even think about these characters.

Thanks DC, I feel like I wasted my life reading these books and caring about these characters.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I’ll just read everything Johns will write but I canceled every other preorder I had. I can’t and don’t want to trust DC anymore.

Time to focus on the good years : before the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I think that's a bit unfair. Obviously I don't know if you are a parent or whatever, but he didn't just go through a breakup and get ghosted by his ex.

His family was completely wiped out of existence, and the person he built that family with doesn't remember him at all.

That would be utterly crushing, and expecting someone to just talk about it with some buddies doesn't seem viable.
    The Titans are also his family.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Haven’t visited my LCS in months and I have a lot of floppies to pick up....but I’m considerinf boycotting other than supersons and YJ

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well...I think we now have a big contender for "the worst Wally West story ever."

I don't have much more to say other then...Justice for Wally .
    You know a story is absolute trash when Frontier is mad.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Haven’t visited my LCS in months and I have a lot of floppies to pick up....but I’m considerinf boycotting other than supersons and YJ
    Alas, Super Sons (the good one) is nearly over. I think 2 more issues is all that's left.

Mitch Gerads sent me a Long Reply about Wally and his love of Wally on Twitter
    9B050F5F-2991-4D00-A1B6-70C603F28549.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Mitch Gerads sent me a Long Reply about Wally and his love of Wally on Twitter
    Now I totally agree with Mitch on what he is writing here (except for the fact that we've never heard about keeping the speed force in check was even a problem). But what most people are complaining about is not the fact that Wally ends up breaking down from all of what has happened to him. Yes, he is known for always overcoming tragedy, but the fact that he was in an environment where he rather than dealing with his problem could pretty much be reminded of them constantly in a VR setting doesn't really help. The problem isn't really the fact that Wally breaks, but what he does AFTER the death of the other heroes. THAT is the part that is totally not in character. That is the part that they need to be able to defend.