Page 105 of 239 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Poor Garth .

I think ostensibly Arthur and Garth were really close and Garth was probably the closest thing Arthur had to a kid before Arthur Jr. was born, but things didn't become really strained with them until hook hand Aquaman came in.
    They had something but it just wasn't as explored as the others. There has to be a lot of inferring and stuff like that to fill out their history together.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I don't know if this is true so I'm hoping you guys could verify. Is it true that Linda is 7 years older than Wally? I don't know where I heard that, so I'm wondering if I just somehow made that up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I don't know if this is true so I'm hoping you guys could verify. Is it true that Linda is 7 years older than Wally? I don't know where I heard that, so I'm wondering if I just somehow made that up.
    I know she is older and was married before...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They had something but it just wasn't as explored as the others. There has to be a lot of inferring and stuff like that to fill out their history together.
    Yea, Garth is kinda the forgotten Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know she is older and was married before...

But not THAT much older.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

RCO018.jpg

More Wally/Bats interaction.

But Wally laying it down..
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Sounds like the Cassandra Cain-starring BATGIRL mini-series they did what, a decade ago? After fan outcry over the treatment of Cassandra from "One Year Later" on. The one where they put the writer who was given the editorial mandate of turning her into a villain (and who didn't do a lick of research about her character) on it as writer so as to immediately sour her fans on it before the first issue came out (presumably to poison the sales so they could point to them and say, "See, we gave you what you said you wanted, but the sales were terrible, so we have all the justification we wa...I mean, need, to strip her of the Batgirl identity and give it to somebody else.")

Or maybe this is the Wally version of RISE AND FALL OF ARSENAL? Roy loses his arm and daughter, is given a mini to completely break him down, and then is put onto Deathstroke's team of villains. And before all that happened, Meltzer had him ditch the Arsenal ID, take on the name and costume of "Red Arrow" to make him more of Oliver's equal, and had Roy join his relaunched JLofA book/team. (The one where he spent six issues on how awesome he thought Red Tornado was, only for MacDuffie to immediately write Tornado off the team, out of the book, and right back into his pre-Meltzer status quo.) I swear I found something that alleged that Robinson screwed up Roy in "Cry for Justice" because he thought Roy was being set up to replace Oliver and he couldn't let that happen, but maybe it was being conflated with Didio?

Either way, there's precedence for some thing like this happening, only the similarities to what they did with Roy look a little too close to ripping themselves off. Of course, I could be wrong...but I doubt it.
    God, looking at those examples, you'd swear that DC was run by a hateful fanfic writer, and not professional writers who get paid money

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I swear I found something that alleged that Robinson screwed up Roy in "Cry for Justice" because he thought Roy was being set up to replace Oliver and he couldn't let that happen, but maybe it was being conflated with Didio?
    That's not Robinson. CfJ was an editorially mandated book to follow up on FC. What happened to Roy was absolutely the idea of either one of the editors (Berganza) or their bosses since you had a lot of follow up in minis (Rise of Arsenal) and in ongoings (Titans East). Robinson allegedly only took the job apparently because the original plan was they were going to destroy most of the fictional cities DC had and Robinson probably couldn't let it happen to his beloved Opal City.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 05-21-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I think that's from the show. Though we do our absolute best to never talk about Linda on the TV show because god damn does it hurt.

In the comic Linda is nebulously one or two years older than Wally. Wally's 20-21 and in WML's run Linda's not so long out of college (and getting a job as an anchor for her "pretty face") so around 22-23

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

The last rumor says Jake Austen Walker won’t play Wally West but Brainwave Jr. It was too good to be true.

Astonishing Member

That'd be very disappointing. Dude looks the part so well

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    The last rumor says Jake Austen Walker won’t play Wally West but Brainwave Jr. It was too good to be true.
    Well, I guess they're both redheads...but would be disappointing .

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Besides the Blue Valley connection the two characters really have not had any history or cross overs together. I mean it would have been cool for Wally to appear but also being a Stargirl fan it would have been a bit odd.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Considering the show will largely take place in Blue Valley that's just a very good reason.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I hate to say this but by casting a black guy as Wally means that they simply won't be able to cast Wally as white, certainly not while the Flash is still on TV and arguably not while that portrayal is still fresh enough in people's memories to bring up comparisons. It would, ironically enough, be seen as "whitewashing", which is even more ironic since there was little about CW's Wally West that actually reflected Wally in the comics.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.